• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

American Air Arms The new Evol HPS. How lucky am I to get to test such a thing?

Its hard to meet the demand when he is a small shop not cranking out the numbers say FX is. BUT one huge difference is that you can get ahold of Tom for any issues, and you can be confident that the rifle will work CORRECTLY when you take it out of the box. There really isn't anything you will need to upgrade when you get a rifle from Tom. Not like an FX M3 where you need a carbon sleeve, a new regulator, a different liner, etc etc etc. The AAA line of rifles are ROCK solid. About the only other rifle that I have used that is of the same robustness would be my EdGun R5M's. These guns just flat out work!
I will own a 22 mini sometime and to be honest I would rather have a 177. I'm to the point I want high shot count before filling up again and just pellets. For what I hunt 177 is plenty. Maybe someday

Hell on my 22 paradigm I had the regulator backed down to 1200 psi and I was getting a STUPID number of shots before I got close to the regulator. And all the shots were really accurate and very consistent.

I want another one of Toms rifles as well, espically after being able to test the HPS30 after Kevin did. So now I have to pool my money and try and sell a few guns before I can get another rifle. The new HPS line of rifles will be great. Can't wait to get one of the slug barrels and put that through its paces and see how accurate I can get a Paradigm for slugs.

Reactions: SHOMER
Hell on my 22 paradigm I had the regulator backed down to 1200 psi and I was getting a STUPID number of shots before I got close to the regulator. And all the shots were really accurate and very consistent.

I want another one of Toms rifles as well, espically after being able to test the HPS30 after Kevin did. So now I have to pool my money and try and sell a few guns before I can get another rifle. The new HPS line of rifles will be great. Can't wait to get one of the slug barrels and put that through its paces and see how accurate I can get a Paradigm for slugs.
That's great.

I just want a good pellet shooter in 22 no bigger. I've done the slug thing and I'm past it.

I just want a good pellet shooter in 22 no bigger. I've done the slug thing and I'm past it.
Then I would suggest just buying a current model evol, they are INCREDIBLE as is in current fashion. My Evol mini .22 with a 10 inch barrel can print MOA with 18.13 at 100 yards if I do my part at a modest 27 FPE. You could also get a 15" .22 or the 18" .22 and with the 18" get quite a handful of shots, 80+ depending on ammo and tune.
428190513_751341930290340_7818406437732474274_n.jpg

Then I would suggest just buying a current model evol, they are INCREDIBLE as is in current fashion. My Evol mini .22 with a 10 inch barrel can print MOA with 18.13 at 100 yards if I do my part at a modest 27 FPE. You could also get a 15" .22 or the 18" .22 and with the 18" get quite a handful of shots, 80+ depending on ammo and tune.View attachment 435368
I was looking at the 15" for the higher shot count but I'm starting to like lightweight rifles instead of my usual heavier guns. So the mini is looking good.

I was looking at the 15" for the higher shot count but I'm starting to like lightweight rifles instead of my usual heavier guns. So the mini is looking good.
The 18 inch version weighs only 7.2 pounds unscoped, for comparison , an FX impact m3 compact version weighs just under 6.4 I believe. They are extremely well balanced and light feeling rifles for their size, don't let the pictures fool you :) but, the Evol 15" version weighs only 6 pounds :D...

Reactions: drsquall
The 18 inch version weighs only 7.2 pounds unscoped, for comparison , an FX impact m3 compact version weighs just under 6.4 I believe. They are extremely well balanced and light feeling rifles for their size, don't let the pictures fool you :) but, the Evol 15" version weighs only 6 pounds :D...
I do kinda want a little adjustment for pellets how much adjustment does the current models have?

I do kinda want a little adjustment for pellets how much adjustment does the current models have?
What do you plan on doing with the rifle? what kind of adjustments are you looking for? What pellets do you plan on shooting?

The evols are set them and forget them rifles as we like to call them. The allure of switching ammos via tuning all the time is something most evol owners shy away from. The ability to pull a rifle from stores and shoot it and have it bullseye with the air you left in it two months ago is the real winning factor with these.

What do you plan on doing with the rifle? what kind of adjustments are you looking for? What pellets do you plan on shooting?

The evols are set them and forget them rifles as we like to call them. The allure of switching ammos via tuning all the time is something most evol owners shy away from. The ability to pull a rifle from stores and shoot it and have it bullseye with the air you left in it two months ago is the real winning factor with these.
Man I will be hunting birds and squirrels and just shooting. I don't like to tinker that's why most of my pcp are set and forget. RTI,crickets,soon to be raw.

Man I will be hunting birds and squirrels and just shooting. I don't like to tinker that's why most of my pcp are set and forget. RTI,crickets,soon to be raw.
Well then the evol will do that just perfectly. Theyre a very, very, simple rifle. Im not quite sure there's much more I can say.