The NEW Daystate Revere!

Daystate - Can you please answer and address some of the questions posted? You announced the Revere on July 4th, and have received a favorable response thus far:

1. Can you address the power adjustability issue and why you have not included easily adjustable power options? If no power wheel, at least a Hex nut adjustment would have been very well received. Just trying to understand your exclusion of this req’t. Owners want to adjust power plain and simple

2. Assume you have removed the built in Airstream moderator Which was on prior models, based on users wanting to use after market LDCs. Did not see you reference that in your feature Description. Can you confirm or clarify with more detail?

3. How is this new gate loading, self indexing magazine different than the newest DS magazines? You don’t say what is so good about it or contrast to older style mags

4. Why have you not included an Ambi or lefty stock as “standard?” The ability to switch side lever to right or left hand side is a given, but not having an Ambi stock is puzzling

5. what pellets and velocities are expected?

6. Are you still using LW barrels?

Over 800 views as of today, but the announcement is lacking details. Can you please provide?

Thanks Tom 

Tom

Has this message actually been sent to Daystate?

Just curious

Ed

Ed

No, unfortunately.

I was hoping they are monitoring this thread since they posted the announcement. I did also send a shorter and consolidated question in to their tech support on the Daystate official website but have not seen any response yet.

Daystate - Can you please answer and address some of the questions posted? You announced the Revere on July 4th, and have received a favorable response thus far:

1. Can you address the power adjustability issue and why you have not included easily adjustable power options? If no power wheel, at least a Hex nut adjustment would have been very well received. Just trying to understand your exclusion of this req’t. Owners want to adjust power plain and simple

2. Assume you have removed the built in Airstream moderator Which was on prior models, based on users wanting to use after market LDCs. Did not see you reference that in your feature Description. Can you confirm or clarify with more detail?

3. How is this new gate loading, self indexing magazine different than the newest DS magazines? You don’t say what is so good about it or contrast to older style mags

4. Why have you not included an Ambi or lefty stock as “standard?” The ability to switch side lever to right or left hand side is a given, but not having an Ambi stock is puzzling

Over 800 views as of today, but the announcement is lacking details. Can you please provide?

Thanks Tom 

Tom

Has this message actually been sent to Daystate?

Just curious

Ed

Ed

No, unfortunately.

I was hoping they are monitoring this thread since they posted the announcement. I did also send a shorter and consolidated question in to their tech support on the Daystate official website but have not seen any response yet.

This post is requesting a response from either AoA or Daystate ( Tony ) if you are monitoring your announcement post. Can you please respond?

Thanks, Tom 

That's nice. However, my .177 cal Regal XL -- unregulated -- with the "patented Harper Slingshot hammer and valve" system needs no regulator. I fill to 210 bar and get 65+ accurate shots. The bolt-action is smooth with a short pull. This .177 cal is one of a handful of PCPs that I will never sell.

1593858770_20621661385f005ad2936de3.71588856.JPG

I own a 22 Regal XL unregulated that gets 1/4" groups at 50 yards. A well known very respected AGN Member here shot this very rifle and also got 1/4" groups at 50 yards too. YEP IT IS UNREGULATED and I SHALL NEVER PUT A REGULATOR IN THIS ONE.

I want proof Yo - you claim some seriously amazing groups in many threads. I want pics.

That's nice. However, my .177 cal Regal XL -- unregulated -- with the "patented Harper Slingshot hammer and valve" system needs no regulator. I fill to 210 bar and get 65+ accurate shots. The bolt-action is smooth with a short pull. This .177 cal is one of a handful of PCPs that I will never sell.

1593858770_20621661385f005ad2936de3.71588856.JPG

Darn you 2manyAirGunz

It's all your fault!

You have kicked me over the edge

As of this moment I'm officially looking for a Regal XL 177 to complement the 22 & 25.

I'd also need to know the differences in tune required (hammer, hammer spring & bushing, valve, & TP) to take an FAC gun down to 12 ft/lb should I wish to do so.

This was only a vague notion until reading your post

Oh well!!!!

Ed

@tommyb Lot's of great questions there. We will try to answer from the US perspective, though we don't speak for the factory:

1. Can you address the power adjustability issue and why you have not included easily adjustable power options? If no power wheel, at least a Hex nut adjustment would have been very well received. Just trying to understand your exclusion of this req’t. Owners want to adjust power plain and simple

The Revere is based off the Huntsman series with improvements to the action. Daystate did not want to stray too far from the simple and traditional design. There are other models in the range with the adjustability you have mentioned, and the Revere was targeting the success they have had in the Huntsman series with being simple and reliable.

2. Assume you have removed the built in Airstream moderator Which was on prior models, based on users wanting to use after market LDCs. Did not see you reference that in your feature Description. Can you confirm or clarify with more detail?

The Revere does not include the old Reflex moderator. There has always been requests to upgrade the silencing, so it seemed best to go with a threaded muzzle end which allows universal devices.

The loading system is the same as the newest Daystate magazine design. The self indexing design removes the levering system from the breech, which makes the rifle smoother to cock and load.

Again, back to the traditional lines and design. Daystate has offered ambi options in past models, but the right or left hand designs look and feel best, and demand seems to want something that looks and feels good rather than a compromised ambidextrous option. But, the idea of an ambi stock is not off the table completely.

We anticipate plenty of tests and reviews to come out very soon, which will speak to this!

Yes of course. Daystate and Lothar-Walther work very close in design and improvement to the barrels used.

Hope these answer your questions. We are also very excited to receive the first Revere's and begin testing and reviewing any day now!

Daystate America

@tommyb Lot's of great questions there. We will try to answer from the US perspective, though we don't speak for the factory:

1. Can you address the power adjustability issue and why you have not included easily adjustable power options? If no power wheel, at least a Hex nut adjustment would have been very well received. Just trying to understand your exclusion of this req’t. Owners want to adjust power plain and simple

The Revere is based off the Huntsman series with improvements to the action. Daystate did not want to stray too far from the simple and traditional design. There are other models in the range with the adjustability you have mentioned, and the Revere was targeting the success they have had in the Huntsman series with being simple and reliable.

2. Assume you have removed the built in Airstream moderator Which was on prior models, based on users wanting to use after market LDCs. Did not see you reference that in your feature Description. Can you confirm or clarify with more detail?

The Revere does not include the old Reflex moderator. There has always been requests to upgrade the silencing, so it seemed best to go with a threaded muzzle end which allows universal devices.

The loading system is the same as the newest Daystate magazine design. The self indexing design removes the levering system from the breech, which makes the rifle smoother to cock and load.

Again, back to the traditional lines and design. Daystate has offered ambi options in past models, but the right or left hand designs look and feel best, and demand seems to want something that looks and feels good rather than a compromised ambidextrous option. But, the idea of an ambi stock is not off the table completely.

We anticipate plenty of tests and reviews to come out very soon, which will speak to this!

Yes of course. Daystate and Lothar-Walther work very close in design and improvement to the barrels used.

Hope these answer your questions. We are also very excited to receive the first Revere's and begin testing and reviewing any day now!

Daystate America

Thanks Daystate for answering the question. Looking forward to testing results.

May I suggest seeding some of these Q&A on both the AOA and Daystate web sites. The more and better you communicate, the better it is for the air gun global population. I know some of the other US dealers do this and the information derived from the Q&A is invaluable.

Thanks Daystate for answering the question. Looking forward to testing results.

May I suggest seeding some of these Q&A on both the AOA and Daystate web sites. The more and better you communicate, the better it is for the air gun global population. I know some of the other US dealers do this and the information derived from the Q&A is invaluable.

I should add that the lefty stock on my original Regal was very nice, especially as I brought the gun up to my cheek. Getting rid of the glued on Airstream was a good call, so users can get the after market moderator they want. I happen to like the newer DS mags and have had no issues thus far. I will be curious to test the easier cocking action with the new side lever. 

I will be buying a .22 Revere as soon as I can hide more guns in the house and keep my wife from fnding any new ones - Revere, that means you! ,😂

I have one more question...

The harper slingshot hammer system had a slight bit of adjustability - maybe 2fpe - by adjusting the hammer throw. Is there ANY internal adjustment available for power aside from the regulator?

I'd like to be able to tune the gun down to maybe 15 - 16fpe and get enough shots to finish a FT match. 46 shots @ 18 ft/lbs isn't quite enough for a match.

Thanks!