The NEW Daystate Alpha Wolf Safari Edition!

I'm assuming you are referring to a .22. Unfortunately, from what I've read and have tried ( I've only tried 23gr slugs ), the Alpha Wolf in .22 is just not a slug gun. Some people have gotten Knockouts to somewhat group out to 50 yards but then they open up again.
I've been shooting my Alpha non-stop. Stick with heavier pellets and you will be MUCH happier. It's the best Pellet shooter I own now. I'm shooting monster redesigns like a laser beam with an extreme spread less than 2 fps. Hitting like a hammer! If the wind will ever tame down on a weekend I want to see how they are grouping at 100 yds. So far, I'm stacking them at 50yds and hitting other targets at 78 yds (furthest distance in my backyard) as easy as video game. Gun is ridiculous.
It does seem that guys with Delta/Alpha wolves are getting the .25 and .30 barrels to shoot some slugs. Maybe someone that has one in those calibers will chime in here.
👆

they are good but 140 bar pressure to shoot 18 grn doesnt seem efficient. I should be able to use 75 bars for the same pellets.
140 bar???

I run my alpha wolf safari at 90 bar when shooting the factory tune for 18 gr. with exceptional results.

Using my labradar and not the internal chronograph.
Avg 930fps
Ext spread 6fps
Std dev is only 1.62 fps!

Even with my old eye, I'm darn near punching the same hole with this setup.
It's the most accurate "tune" or setup on mine.

140 bar???

I run my alpha wolf safari at 90 bar when shooting the factory tune for 18 gr. with exceptional results.

Using my labradar and not the internal chronograph.
Avg 930fps
Ext spread 6fps
Std dev is only 1.62 fps!

Even with my old eye, I'm darn near punching the same hole with this setup.
It's the most accurate "tune" or setup on mine.
I will try this tune.

I have a number of high-end rifles, but I’m considering an Alpha Wolf in .22 or .177 to add to the collection. not sure yet, as to caliber but either .22 or .177. I’m aware that the ART barrels are not designed as slug guns, but I’m not a slug “guy” anyway. The .22 I think is good for 74FPE and the .177 for 34FPE. Couple of questions…..
1. - can either caliber be DOWN tuned with the onboard settings to under 15 FPE???
2. - With a 250 bar fill, what kind of shot counts can be expected with an “untweaked” out of the box, .22, using 18gr JSB’s….. or an out of the box .177 using 8.4 gr pellets??
Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Tracking says my .22 Safari arrives Thursday.

I said I wouldn't get an 'electronic' airgun. Guess I need to shoot some crow, so that I can eat them. Looking forward to see what it will do. Plan on getting a .30 cal barrel down the road if all goes well with the .22.
My setup will be the 23" safari .22. Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 6-24x56 Scope. 0db Tactical Moderator., Added the PRS buttplate with monopod and an atlas bipod on the front.
Going to test 25.39g JSB Monster Redesigns, 33.95g JSB Beast, and 18.52g H&N Baracuda hunter extremes over the weekend, weather permitting.
I'm nervously optimistic, but realize I will have a lot to learn compared to my FX and other rifles.
Let me know how the 33.95 beast shoot. I have been wanting a air rifle that will shoot those accurately past 75 yards.

It's just the "Factory" auto mode that drops for me.
Since that post I've punched in and came up with a rock solid tune in advanced mode. Didn't take that long. I looked at the preset for 18 grains and worked my way down until I found a tune that gave me 930fps consistently with 15.9 g JSB Hades. I really think the Auto tuning is both a sales gimmick and a way to quickly see if your rifle will shoot a certain projectile. When it comes to hunting and serious target shooting, advanced mode all day long for me.
I know each rifle will be different but my initial "tune" for .22 Hades is:
2000 dwell
63V
90 Reg
I think if I finesse the dwell in better it will be a scary consistent hole puncher.

Note, I also tried H&N 18.52g Hunter Extremes. It did NOT like those pellets at all. Horrible. Don't waste your money on those. I've yet to find a rifle that shoots those well.

***Update since I originally posted this response on the Hades tune.

I dropped the Dwell down to 1980 and found the sweet spot for me. Same speed but sounds better. Less air wasted. VERY consistent and accurate!

Rifle is a a little dream to tune so far. Use one of the factory sets as a baseline and go up or down off that accordingly. Having all of your adjustments on a screen makes it precise and easy.
If you can tune an Impact, this is a walk in the park compared to that.
Can you adjust the regulator in the cpu downwards without de-gassing the rifle like you would when manually adjusting the regulator down?

Can you adjust the regulator in the cpu downwards without de-gassing the rifle like you would when manually adjusting the regulator down? Es
You must remove bottle and remove pressures before reducing the regulator pressure setting - increasing regulator pressure without degassing is ok

Reactions: Stone02