The NEW Daystate Alpha Wolf Safari Edition!

I'm new to the DW and thought the first shot drop was related to factory mode learning and adjusting. My FPS settles in after 3 shots. It does have the new valve/software.
Nope. You probably have reg pressure set too high. The GCU uses the last settings in place when the gun times out.

Reactions: Stone02
Set your reg pressure to 135 to 140 bar -ish. Change from Advanced to Factory mode. Set your speed to 880 fps. Shoot about 4 or 5 shots. You should be happier with the gun once you do this. Also, my Delta Wolf shoots the JSB 50.1 at 870 fps better than the 44.75.
Okay Centercut I set the reg up at 142, moved to factory setting adjusted the FPS. This is with the 50.1g JSB. Here is a photo. Do these numbers look right? Thanks for all the help guys

IMG_7059.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Reactions: cavedweller
Okay Centercut I set the reg up at 142, moved to factory setting adjusted the FPS. This is with the 55g JSB. Here is a photo. Do these numbers look right? Thanks for all the help guys
Just throwing everything out there. Are you just relying on the onboard Chrono or testing it on another as well? Reason I ask is because I have several chrono's, including a LabRadar. My FX chrono will read about as sporadically as what you are showing, then I will run shots on my LabRadar or Pro Chrono and it will read what I expect.
Just curious if maybe its a chronograph issue? But 100fps drop.... wow.

Reactions: cavedweller
Just throwing everything out there. Are you just relying on the onboard Chrono or testing it on another as well? Reason I ask is because I have several chrono's, including a LabRadar. My FX chrono will read about as sporadically as what you are showing, then I will run shots on my LabRadar or Pro Chrono and it will read what I expect.
Just curious if maybe its a chronograph issue? But 100fps drop.... wow.
Yes, multi chronograph’s and it shows up on paper as well. Took the gun up to AOA today and they confirmed my results with their stuff as well. They did replace the reg with a new one while I was there and still got the same results. So I commend AOA for returning my money and taking the gun back.

IMG_7056.jpeg

IMG_7055.jpeg

IMG_7053.jpeg

Good to hear that AOA refunded you. Makes me feel a little more comfortable with my safari purchase. Hoping I get lucky and my .22 isn’t plagued with similar symptoms.
Yup, I wish you well. I love the gun, been day/night dreaming about getting it for months🤪
Just didn’t work for my type of shooting.
Groups were acceptable. I did no tuning on it
Here is 7 shots @ 100 yrds with the 44g JSB after throwing the cold barrel shot off in the dirt
And I’m no bench rest shooter

70258781640__9CB77D4F-04E8-4AB5-8492-91981FED5669.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear that AOA refunded you. Makes me feel a little more comfortable with my safari purchase. Hoping I get lucky and my .22 isn’t plagued with similar symptoms.
Glad you were made whole after. My .22 FAC alpha does the same thing after setting idle in factory mode and tends to shoot more inconsistently in factory mode. I put it in advanced mode and it doesn't drop the first shot after setting idle and velocities are more consistent because the chrono and computer isn't.changing to meet a specific velocity, it's set in advanced mode, and can only be changed by inputting different info. in advanced mode. So...its more like a Redwolf that you can tune in advanced mode than a Alpha in factory mode and that's ok with me. On a side note, I sent mine in two different times, them replacing the reg. and gauge the first time and then trying to figure out why it was shooting more like a shotgun than a laser and was told MY alpha requires a really LOOSE hold to shoot accurately, according to the tech.who shot it. Both times they had it 7 weeks each, for a total of 14 weeks. I had the gun in my possession from the date I received it new until the second time I sent it back about 6 weeks. I asked about a refund and was told I had it over a month, so it was a no.
Moral of the story...if there's any doubt SEND IT IN, I tried all kinds of stuff to keep from sending mine in, different pellets, velocities, shooting it in a gun vise, ECT. and the 4 weeks I had it doing stuff, myself, put me past my return time. This isn't a bash on AOA it's just what happened in my instance. Mine seems to be coming around...in advanced mode.

Talked with two other alpha wolf owners that have not experienced any issues. Then I read here and on FB groups of a couple of other people experiencing similar velocity inconsistency issues. Some good and bad apples I guess. You would think quality control would be a bit more strenuous on a 3500 dollar rifle but I'm guessing that is not the case. Mine arrives tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stone02
What is the estimated price for the upgraded valve. Is it able to be installed easily or will it have to be sent in to be installed. Very interested to see the results of the upgrade.
Got one two weeks go from AOA for $149 and some change. Daystate provides on the web very easy to follow instructions. Word of caution. The new air valve does not come with the valve removal tool. You will need special 90 degree bent Cir clip pliers to remove the old valve and to tighten the new one. Be very, very careful at removing the electrical connections. If you follow the installation video and go step by step, you will do it easily. I successfully did it despite my limited knowledge and mechanical abilities. How does it shoot? With the up graded program ( V 1.36) it shoots very very well; lots of power even at lower regulator pressures. Quite happy with the up graded Delta 30 cal. You may call Shane at AOA technical dept. for any specific information or advise. He was extremely helpful in the process of choosing, buying and installing the new valve. The Delta now speaks with even more authority, both in power and accuracy. Hope this helps.

Luis

I feel like I'm all alone, but I do not care for the Safari edition stocks. They just look like they are sandblasted, stained and cleared in an attempt to save time in finishing. They must be popular because they keep releasing them on everything. Different strokes, and all. This will be great for those who love them though.
The stocks are not very specifically for benchrest shooting. The stocks are made to take hunting. If you are hunting with a gun that has a really beautiful finish on the stock you’re afraid of scratching it or laying it down or getting it wet or whatever. The safaris stock is designed to take a field and hold up to the abuse. Read about being pretty it’s about being ultimately very very functional. No, I have no shell for days straight. I just happen to have a Daystate revere and understand the difference between a venturous gun and a hunting gun .