The NEW Daystate Alpha Wolf Safari Edition!

Now you started it! :ROFLMAO:
This was my first car when I signed up for the Marines. I asked my dad if I could park it at his house while I was away at bootcamp. He said "NO! I have too many cars around here." (six siblings) Sold it for $300.
View attachment 333480

I got orders to Marine Barracks Rota Spain out of bootcamp in 1972 and bought this with my $1500 Combat Arms Enlistment Bonus.

View attachment 333481
1973 Triumph Bonneville 750 - That's me in Torremolinos Spain. Went on a trip with my Sergeant of the Guard who was riding a 1974 Norton Commando 850.

Kept the bike even after I got married, then sold it to my best man and bought this to bring back with me from Spain when I got out after four years.

View attachment 333483

Graduated from college in 1980 and sold it four $500. Rejoined the Marines as a commissioned officer and bought this on my way to the Basic School and Flight school down in Pensacola: (Remember Ricado Montalvan and Corithian Leather! de plane de plane)

View attachment 333484

Other vehicles followed about every four years (the length of time I needed to pay them off)

View attachment 333487
1982 Mazda 626

View attachment 333485
1986 Merkur XR4Ti

View attachment 333489
1992 - my wife's "soccer mom" transporter

View attachment 333490
1996 Fleetwood Brougham in Amethyst - one of the nicest cars I have ever owned.

I retired from the Navy in 1998. Since then two VWs (Toureg and W8 Passat) Saleen Mustang, Porsche Panamera, Audi A7 tdi, and now Ford 150.
I give, I give, Mercy, Mercy. I bet you miss the Impala right about now. :) Your vehicle selection up until the Saleen and after are still suspect, but the Bike - Niiccee.

Full Disclosure about my selection:
1969 Buick Skylark - Parents paid $50 bucks I sold it for $200 (High School)
1969 VW Beetle - Autostick - Worst Tranny ever (Marine Corps)
1970 Opel GT - the mini corvette, cut the top off it (Marine Corps)
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 (Marine Corps - fastest 650 at the time) (Marine Corps)
1984 Mazda RX7 (Marine Corps)
1984 Toyota SR5 ExtraCab Truck (Marine Corps)
1985 Chevy Monte Carlo - Horrible car with the V-6 (Marine Corps)
1970 Porsche 1.7 liter (I love the 914's, can't help it.)
1970 VW Bus 1914 Liter motor built for it.
1970 VW Karmon Ghia
1965 Mustang Coupe (289 w/3 speed Manual)
1974 VW Super Beetle
1985 Toyota 4X4 (Drunk driver totaled in parked in front of the house)
1972 Porsche 914 1.8 liter motor (Owned it for a month before it caught fire going to work on the 5 Fwy in SoCal just north of the 55 Fwy)
1965 Mustang (289 w/automatic, bought damaged and sold later for more money, not enough skills or $ to repair it correctly)
1990 Dodge 1500 ExtraCab w/8' bed
1972 Ford Rancho (302 automatic)
1972 Ford F-250 built a 390 for it drove it for 10 years, loved that truck
2006 Ford F-150 Extra Cab (Loved that truck - My son totaled it.)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 6 Speed Manual - Great car and 35+ MPG
2007 Toyota Corolla
2003 Toyota Corolla
2018 Ford F-150 Super Cab 3.5 Ecoboost

These of course are not in chronological order. I'll be looking into getting another 914 soon. :ROFLMAO:

Semper Fi

Smitty

I hope the guys from Daystate, Skout and FX are reading this... Can't you see the difference??? Just look at the differences between the Red Wolf and the Alfa Wolf Safari in power and efficiency, the Delta/Alfa Wolf have a 35cc plenum while the Skout Epoch I don't think is bigger than 15-20cc and the valve runs at 15ms while the Daystate valves run at 6ms. Huben has his children LCS, WA Rattler and grandson Leshiy 2. It is only fair to congratulate the winner otherwise you become an object of ridicule!...
I don't get it?

View attachment IMG_20230309_083454_007.jpg
Does the Safari have different electronic hardware? Or is it just the new valve and software?

Wondering if upgrading an older rifle with the new valve and software will equal the Safari performance.
You are correct, new valve and software upgrades the platform, roughly 15% in power and more efficient if my memory serves me well, landing near 105fpe on the top end. That is an astronomical leap in performance, not merely a 1% refinement in design. I really liked the gun and I had the privilege to test it prelaunch.

Kind regards,
Atlas

The upgraded valve is like a half an hour job and can be done at home 👍🙂 I updated my DW .177 HP months ago - I have been testing the new valve for Daystate 👍🎯

In my case it added 40-50 FPS to my existing setups, so I was able to turn down the regulator pressure to get back to the wanted velocity, while using less air and thereby a better shot count 🙂

View attachment 331666
Did you have to update your software when you changed the valve.

Reactions: tsktsk07
I just ordered a valve that will be arriving tomorrow. I have the latest firmware(136) but AOA gave me two .xml files that they said I should install. They are attached. I am using a 23" Alpha Wolf .177. The names of the files I received. DW-FAC-V2_UserTables.xml and DW-FAC-V3-XML.xml.
more and more these guns sound like me working on my PC lol

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
View attachment 339683

You are correct, new valve and software upgrades the platform, roughly 15% in power and more efficient if my memory serves me well, landing near 105fpe on the top end. That is an astronomical leap in performance, not merely a 1% refinement in design. I really liked the gun and I had the privilege to test it prelaunch.

Kind regards,
Atlas
True, I’ve had that valve in my .30 DW since this past Summer. While yes, it can get you over 100 FPE, in my experience when you go much over 85 FPE the gun gets quite jumpy with noticeable muzzle flip. If I were to shoot the new 56 grain ZANs at 95 FPE, I’d add some weight near the front of the gun. They are awesome pellets but because of the heavier weight and higher FPE the vertical spread will be higher unless your hold is VERY FIRM and you add a few pounds under the gun near the front.

Tracking says my .22 Safari arrives Thursday.

I said I wouldn't get an 'electronic' airgun. Guess I need to shoot some crow, so that I can eat them. Looking forward to see what it will do. Plan on getting a .30 cal barrel down the road if all goes well with the .22.
My setup will be the 23" safari .22. Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 6-24x56 Scope. 0db Tactical Moderator., Added the PRS buttplate with monopod and an atlas bipod on the front.
Going to test 25.39g JSB Monster Redesigns, 33.95g JSB Beast, and 18.52g H&N Baracuda hunter extremes over the weekend, weather permitting.
I'm nervously optimistic, but realize I will have a lot to learn compared to my FX and other rifles.

Tracking says my .22 Safari arrives Thursday.

I said I wouldn't get an 'electronic' airgun. Guess I need to shoot some crow, so that I can eat them. Looking forward to see what it will do. Plan on getting a .30 cal barrel down the road if all goes well with the .22.
My setup will be the 23" safari .22. Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 6-24x56 Scope. 0db Tactical Moderator., Added the PRS buttplate with monopod and an atlas bipod on the front.
Going to test 25.39g JSB Monster Redesigns, 33.95g JSB Beast, and 18.52g H&N Baracuda hunter extremes over the weekend, weather permitting.
I'm nervously optimistic, but realize I will have a lot to learn compared to my FX and other rifles.
I received my 30 cal Alpha Wolf Safari week before last. I’m waiting on AOA to get things straightened out now. Check your first shot on the feet per second. If I let my gun sit for more than 10 minutes then it’s 50 feet a second slower than the consecutive shots after that. If I let the gun sit for a couple days it’s 100 feet a second slower on the first shot and the bottle does not leak.
Not very happy at the moment.. I’m no paper puncher, Varmint hunter so that first shot has to be money. It’s mechanical I’m sure it can be fixed but pretty disappointing right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cavedweller
I received my 30 cal Alpha Wolf Safari week before last. I’m waiting on AOA to get things straightened out now. Check your first shot on the feet per second. If I let my gun sit for more than 10 minutes then it’s 50 feet a second slower than the consecutive shots after that. If I let the gun sit for a couple days it’s 100 feet a second slower on the first shot and the bottle does not leak.
Not very happy at the moment.. I’m no paper puncher, Varmint hunter so that first shot has to be money. It’s mechanical I’m sure it can be fixed but pretty disappointing right now.
There are a couple of things that can cause that and it’s common. A little bit of regulator creep in conjunction with a high pressure tune and a light hammer strike is one possible cause. Or a valve that has some stiction is another. It might get better with use (or might not). If I’m going to use any of my PCP rifles after they have sat for awhile, I always cock and fire once with no round in the chamber.

There are a couple of things that can cause that and it’s common. A little bit of regulator creep in conjunction with a high pressure tune and a light hammer strike is one possible cause. Or a valve that has some stiction is another. It might get better with use (or might not). If I’m going to use any of my PCP rifles after they have sat for awhile, I always cock and fire once with no round in the chamber.
Scotchmo,

Thank You for the reply. I am hoping to hear back from AOA tomorrow as to how they want to proceed to get this straightened out. The gun is less than two weeks old and has been doing this from day one.

I’ve read about something similar happening to others. Question. If you shoot 5 or more consecutive shots, does the speed go back up? And, are you running in the factory shot mode or advanced mode? Regardless, I agree that speed drop shouldn’t happen but I’m curious if it’s a computer issue.

I’ve read about something similar happening to others. Question. If you shoot 5 or more consecutive shots, does the speed go back up? And, are you running in the factory shot mode or advanced mode? Regardless, I agree that speed drop shouldn’t happen but I’m curious if it’s a computer issue.
Speed goes back up after first shot. I have not played with the setting. AOA set the gun to advanced setting “3040”. Here are screen shots of test I have ran.

IMG_7055.jpeg

IMG_7056.jpeg

IMG_7053.jpeg

The first comment on using the factory mode might be valid after the power cycles off and back on. But I would also suspect reg creep.

EDIT: We posted at the same time - being in advanced I suspect reg creep is your issue.

Check your Safari for reg creep by looking at the reg pressure after you take your last 'good' shot. 10 minutes later check to see what the reg pressure is on the display. Also check your reg pressure after sitting overnight. I had a reg that was creeping between 5-10bar overnight. AoA sent me a new one and it's better, but there is still creep.

EDIT 2: You can mostly ignore the "Pressure Set" as that will not impact your speed consistency. It's part of the programming and it's the pressure the reg is at when the program is set in the airgun. I would, though, drop your reg as it appears to be settling a bit high and that program may work best at 140 bar.

The first comment on using the factory mode might be valid after the power cycles off and back on. But I would also suspect reg creep.

EDIT: We posted at the same time - being in advanced I suspect reg creep is your issue.

Check your Safari for reg creep by looking at the reg pressure after you take your last 'good' shot. 10 minutes later check to see what the reg pressure is on the display. Also check your reg pressure after sitting overnight. I had a reg that was creeping between 5-10bar overnight. AoA sent me a new one and it's better, but there is still creep.
I tried after sleep mode and keeping gun active and it made no difference if it sat for 10 mins or more 1st shot was low.
Picture above shows reg pressure after shots. Gun shows it’s set to 140. It goes up to 152 after a few minutes of no use. Stays at 152 over night

IMG_7051.jpeg

Set your reg pressure to 135 to 140 bar -ish. Change from Advanced to Factory mode. Set your speed to 880 fps. Shoot about 4 or 5 shots. You should be happier with the gun once you do this. Also, my Delta Wolf shoots the JSB 50.1 at 870 fps better than the 44.75.