The NEW Daystate Alpha Wolf Safari Edition!

This is not a joke, this is a serious matter, Epoch opens the valve much easier than Daystate, which means it consumes 100 times less energy to open the valve, you can set the time for how long the valve will be open with an adjustment of half a millisecond, the flow through the valve is much better and that the flow is adjusted for all calibers separately. The regulator can be reduced under pressure without damage, which is not the case with Daystate. Those are huge differences!!! I should also emphasize that Daystate has been working for years on quality and innovations that no one has, their electronics (which are significantly more expensive than Epoch), digital pressure gauge, chronograph, barrels.
Skout produces their barrels from aluminum by extrusion with coatings, which is much cheaper to produce than steel barrels, and we'll just see how it will turn out...

I've always liked daystate for their quality. I never bought an AW or DW because I went full on Semi Auto only by the time they released them but I always get the itch to buy new tech'd guns when they come out just to try it, but I know it'd just be sold off in a couple weeks/days.

If Daystate comes out with a Semi it'd be game over, I'd buy one without even reading their marketing propaganda on it :)

Reactions: lutrev
I personally doubt that Daystate will go semi-automatic and Skout is very likely, because after all they are masters of semi-automatic proven in paintball and supposedly they will be able to go to Epoch liners from FX!...
I wanted to reply to this and your other post with a few thoughts.

Honestly - I don't see either going semi-auto any time soon. It's not the air supply mechanism that is the concern, it is the mechanism to cycle the magazine and probe. If you notice all of the currently successful semi auto designs, they are hammerless and feed from a magazine. I think it would require serious work to make a semi-auto reliable enough for either high end company to want to put their name on. I don't think any of Skout's previous semi auto in the paintball industry would apply at all because paintball is gravity feed balls and doesn't require a precise mechanism the way an airgun would.

Regarding saying that Daystate has to start looking at a spool design. I'm a bit on the fence. A lot of these companies have their tried and true technology which is their bread and butter. The specs on the Epoch are not that far off from current Daystate specs. If you look at the pressures they are using for the higher power .30s to get 120 fpe numbers they are only about 20 bar lower than what most other rifles would require. And the hamemrless designs are very close as well. I'm not knocking the spool valve - as it is clearly more efficient, but by a margin, not a whole football field. I'm sure similar comments were made about the hammer designs when the Huben, LCS and Leshiy 2 came out with hammerless designs - yet we haven't seen many other companies pic up on those. I will not be surprised though if we see premier models from Daystate, FX and a few others come out with a spool designs in the next few years, but I believe it will be an elite market for these guns for some period of time.

This is not a joke, this is a serious matter, Epoch opens the valve much easier than Daystate, which means it consumes 100 times less energy to open the valve, you can set the time for how long the valve will be open with an adjustment of half a millisecond, the flow through the valve is much better and that the flow is adjusted for all calibers separately. The regulator can be reduced under pressure without damage, which is not the case with Daystate. Those are huge differences!!! I should also emphasize that Daystate has been working for years on quality and innovations that no one has, their electronics (which are significantly more expensive than Epoch), digital pressure gauge, chronograph, barrels.
Skout produces their barrels from aluminum by extrusion with coatings, which is much cheaper to produce than steel barrels, and we'll just see how it will turn out...
At least Daystate doesn’t produce an airgun that talks 👍

I wanted to reply to this and your other post with a few thoughts.

Honestly - I don't see either going semi-auto any time soon. It's not the air supply mechanism that is the concern, it is the mechanism to cycle the magazine and probe. If you notice all of the currently successful semi auto designs, they are hammerless and feed from a magazine. I think it would require serious work to make a semi-auto reliable enough for either high end company to want to put their name on. I don't think any of Skout's previous semi auto in the paintball industry would apply at all because paintball is gravity feed balls and doesn't require a precise mechanism the way an airgun would.

Regarding saying that Daystate has to start looking at a spool design. I'm a bit on the fence. A lot of these companies have their tried and true technology which is their bread and butter. The specs on the Epoch are not that far off from current Daystate specs. If you look at the pressures they are using for the higher power .30s to get 120 fpe numbers they are only about 20 bar lower than what most other rifles would require. And the hamemrless designs are very close as well. I'm not knocking the spool valve - as it is clearly more efficient, but by a margin, not a whole football field. I'm sure similar comments were made about the hammer designs when the Huben, LCS and Leshiy 2 came out with hammerless designs - yet we haven't seen many other companies pic up on those. I will not be surprised though if we see premier models from Daystate, FX and a few others come out with a spool designs in the next few years, but I believe it will be an elite market for these guns for some period of time.
I hope the guys from Daystate, Skout and FX are reading this... Can't you see the difference??? Just look at the differences between the Red Wolf and the Alfa Wolf Safari in power and efficiency, the Delta/Alfa Wolf have a 35cc plenum while the Skout Epoch I don't think is bigger than 15-20cc and the valve runs at 15ms while the Daystate valves run at 6ms. Huben has his children LCS, WA Rattler and grandson Leshiy 2. It is only fair to congratulate the winner otherwise you become an object of ridicule!...

And what's even more strange to me about Daystate, they stopped at 35 cc plenum with the latest models, and a larger plenum has proven that it affects power and efficiency, and they offer large calibers where this flaw can be seen, and other manufacturers are massively introducing this essential item. Maybe I'm ill-informed, so let me explain how...

🤯🤑😮‍💨😑
Not in my budget...

Screenshot_20230216_175608_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: DNPEWPEW
My first brand new car was a 1974 Fiat 124 sedan (four cylinder double overhead cam engine) I bought in Spain for $3,995. Brought that home with me from the Marine corps and it got me through college in 1980 when I sold it for $500. The Daystate will hold its value much, much better. 10 years from now that rifle will still be selling on the used market for $2000.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
My first brand new car was a 1974 Fiat 124 sedan (four cylinder double overhead cam engine) I bought in Spain for $3,995. Brought that home with me from the Marine corps and it got me through college in 1980 when I sold it for $500. The Daystate will hold its value much, much better. 10 years from now that rifle will still be selling on the used market for $2000.
Sweet! Be about the same time that I have enough money set aside for one😅🤣🤙

Reactions: orangeokie
Ok, something is seriously wrong with your post. First if you were a Marine - Your first car was a used Mustang at the "Buy here, Pay here" @ 21% APR, just like every other enlisted Marine. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Second - If a Fiat ran for four years, you must of had a hell of an mechanic. I'm throwing the BS Flag :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Semper Fi

Smitty