• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The new crosman 22 hp pellets...

What do you guys think? They Seem a little dirtier but better uniform than the old can. The price is great on Amazon $6.24 shipped free with prime.

20230421_181856.jpg

20230421_181426.jpg

20230421_174550.jpg

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I have shot the old and new style and have seen no difference in performance.

I have been wanting to do a straight up comparison of older (3 years ago) and the new (2023) pellets side-by-side. I was lacking a gun that could shoot them very well all of the time. I have solved that with the Maverick and as soon as the snow goes, I will get outside to the 50y range and get that comparison done.

Nah, it's not that complicated, it's just tarnished lead, producers of pellets use a coating (usually oil) to stave off tarnishing.
LIke qball, I think it's graphite. Lead can oxidize into several different forms but the only one that produces a dark color (brown to black) is lead dioxide. This particular oxide does not develop in atmospheric conditions from what I can tell. But if the residue were somehow lead dioxide, we would know because it is a strong oxidizer and would cause skin burns.

think they dirty gray stuff is graphite but I could be wrong. It looks the same to me besides the tin. They shoot great especially for how cheap they are.
Nah, it's not that complicated, it's just tarnished lead, producers of pellets use a coating (usually oil) to stave off tarnishing.
From what I've discovered its seems to be a mixture of 85% graphite and 15% oil. At least that's what it tastes like to me.😆