• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

The new Cronus BTR G2 4.5-29x56 is available for sale!

I like the #6 more due to the extra aim points on the entire vertical, instead of just the first vertical. I’m don’t mind the fewer numbers either. Keeping those is something some scopes have gone away from, but I miss.

Thanks! Glad you like it.

When I had my Cronus BTR/APRS1 on my 22rf I went to a few NRL22 matches with it. The holdover for 100Y was 1.7 mil and sometimes we were trying for the 1.5" or even the 1" at 100Y. It just bothered me not having the .2 mil for holdover marks past the 1 mil below center that I was used to already from the H59 and other reticles like it in the past. Other occasions too but that's the one that sticks out in my memory. It's not a huge deal to most people but that's how I am I guess??

It seems that on really small targets it makes a slight difference knowing exactly where to hold in .1 mil increments but not so much on the common normal sized targets. 

The Burris XTR3 is 1 of 2 other scopes in this price range I would own besides the Cronus G2 APRS6, because of the generous eyebox in these scopes, the huge FOV/XTR3, and of course the ALL .2 mil reticles. The other scope is a mostly unheard of brand called Maven Optics. A PRS friend named Jason, that is HUGELY into that game has also looked through all the scopes in the market like Birddog has. Jason has a NF 7-35, a ZCO 5-27, and a Cronus BTR, "For the price", and the reticle, he likes his Cronus BTR, the Maven RS 5-30, and the XTR3, more than any of the other scopes. I wish the XTR3 was illuminated though, which is why I didn't buy one. The Cronus has DAYLIGHT BRIGHT ILLUME which is very handy on low magnification when shooting on black targets or into poorly lit areas!

Jason was one of the guys that looked through my March HM 5-42x56 and was astounded how nice the IQ was at 15x, and was the one that liked it on 42x a lot - young-ish eyes. This March beat out a Kahles 5-25 to the three of us present that day as well.

See how giving I am, lol, you got all the extra info for free.

RE- Burris...

Also check out DVOR seen some but am unsure if the specific ones you like are still current or if it those were the ones.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/high-end-optics-sale/?referrer=1

I guess the sale is over for the Burris XTR3. They were out of the reticle I liked best. The XTR2 had glass that wasn't that good a few years ago, they possibly improved it on later models?? Both those scopes have a rep for tracking well which means a lot to me. Plus I like some of the guys that promote them, DTROS and Birddog on SH, both good guys and great marksman!

Though I'll take the daylight bright illume all day long that the Cronus has. It's too neat and too useful a feature when I need it! 

It was funny yesterday, by happenstance I received tracking info from Athlon that a package was arriving, hmm could it be the new Helos G2 2-12x42 that I'm expecting soon??? Nope, by mistake I was sent another Cronus BTR G2 APRS6, lol???!!! 

I'll take it as an act of God, lol, hey yuh never know, right??, maybe it was meant to be 😍. Sooooo I'm keeping it! Man I gotta tighten the belt on spending $ for the next 6 months!

My Cronus G2 came in yesterday. I was going to put some pics up here today but I didn't get to it. I'll get em up this weekend. I'll do a review on it in the next few months after I've used it for that time period but my first impression is I simply have to give it an A+! It's without a doubt the best scope I've come across in its price range! Everything is perfect which is about impossible coming from someone that is super hard to impress like I am, and I really mean that!!!!!!! I couldn't say this about the two previous generations of Cronus which had things about them that I felt fell short.

Suffice it to say you'll likely be very bored with the comments I'll make in the near future about this scope and sorry but I'm going to sound like a total fanboy. So far I have absolutely zero negative to say about it. BTW I've had plenty of negative things to say about scopes costing twice as much as this Cronus BTR G2!

Sorry but I got totally distracted because of SURELY. I'll get the pics up later today.

DSC00303.1613511834.JPG
DSC00305.1613511867.JPG
DSC00306.1613511880.JPG

I mounted my Cronus G2 4.5-27x56 on top of my Anschutz Fortner 1827F-N 22rf.

On the exterior Athlon changed the type of Knurling, if that's the correct word??, other than that it seems the numbers on the turret might be bigger than before which is good for those that need reading glasses. I think everything else on the outside is unchanged except for the magnification ring protrusion which is larger and not sharp anymore.

I shot with the Cronus G2 yesterday that's mounted on my 22rf in the photos above. The verdict is short and sweet, nothing odd to report, and I absolutely loved the scope. My friends got behind it and gave some ooh's and ahh's which says just about "EVERYTHING" there is to say! I was especially happy that they liked the APRS6 reticle so much! 

One of those guys tried to talk me out of my extra G2 Cronus that's still NIB, he's even a staunch MOA guy and my scope is in mil, I replied "no waaaaay bud", lol 😉😆. Silly guy!

Today two other friends and I did side by sides with my new Cronus= retail $2000, a March HM 5-42x56= retail $4200, and a S&B PM2 5-25x56= retail $4300, we set all the scopes on 25x for the test. The Verdict was that the S&B was #1 unanimously, the March #2, and the Cronus #3. BUT the Cronus was so close to the March that I just gave the vote for the March because it was so much more expensive???!!! It's pretty amazing that the Cronus glass is almost indistinguishable to these much more expensive scopes that I struggled to see a difference!!!!!

I also wanted to mention that today I found out I could focus at 11M on 4.5x and see the APRS 6 reticle clearly against the manila colored paper on our target. Even more obvious when the illume was on high against a black bull! I put 3 shots into the exact hole at 10M with my 22rf to prove that I could shoot well at 10M with my Cronus G2 4.5-29×56. YUP!