the new Benjamin Marauder 25 caliber Crosman barrels?

When I got into PCPs 15 years or so ago I was talked into a 25 caliber Marauder, Just because of the GM barrel, That gun got me hooked, Everyone on the Marauder site had problems with the 177 and the 22 Crosman barrel guns, Now not everyone but a lot. But you never heard of a problem with the 25 GM barrel.

My 2 cents for what its worth,

Mike

I cant compare the barrels. I have a newer marauder with the crosman barrel and it shoots wonderfully. I thought it was a green mountain barrel cause it shot so well and I didnt know any different. If there is a difference I feel it would be minimal for most non extreme accuracy shooters. I'm a hunter so less then an inch at 40 yards is fine by me.

There has been a bunch of discussion on GTA. Easiest way to tell, is GM has 10 lands/grooves. crosman 25 has 6. The crosman twist rate is said to be less than the GM. A GTA member sent me some pins to measure my two GM and one crosman barrel. 

I bought a 25 barrel from crosman about a year ago, thinking it was still GM. What I did notice was the choke was extremely tight. I only briefly accuracy tested, and seemed good at 50yds. I did loose some fps with 25g JSB, but I hadn't opened the barrel port to match the one that was on there.

I will be measuring and posting results in about a week. I will also shoot that crosman 25 some more.

Why not come out w/ a GM for 22cal????

I contacted GM back when crosman was really struggling with the 22 cal barrels on the Gen 1s. You will not like the minimum quantity number. A GTA member contacted them recently to see if they could get the 25 cal GM barrel, but crosman owns all the specs. So, you would have to develop the specs, and do a min buy.