• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Most Off-Putting Ad in the Classifieds?

It's not in the classifieds...but does this count 😁

Screenshot_20220802-184319_Chrome.jpg

lol, while I just saw this ad bumped it got me wondering why there are sooo many posts in the classifieds of "never been shot", from moderators to $3600 rifles (talk about poor financial decisions).
Are these things stolen? or... I really dont even know how someone could buy an expensive item and sell it at a 30% loss. Maybe regret it and return it, or try it and not like it, but to buy something and never once try it???
This isnt even directed at the post that this thread seems to be about, because there are a bunch of never shot/used/installed items in the classified, or is this like most other forum classifieds where nEvEr ShOt means used for a summer as a hammer to re-shingle a roof and its beat to 💩?
What you have to watch out for is these is "I have never shot it " vs " its never been shot". The first statement gives them a excuse when you receive a not as described item. The second statement should mean its a new gun.

My best in this category that I am bemused by the fact that whatever is for sale, has had the ad renewed four times or better. With no reductions in price or terms. I can understand holding firm for the first few times. But after that I would adjust to the market available, supply and demand. Grandpa always said "Want to, and willing to sell, are completely different. Usually based on the contents of your wallet at the time." Not picking on or dog piling, just observances I have made. Forgive me if I offend.

Reactions: Trucker3573