• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The most fun I have had with my PCP's

I have 3 more friends I have been trying to get into PCP's and they just laugh at me. All I hear is "I can't believe your fooling around with BB guns", "$2, 000 for a pellet gun your crazy", etc..

So yesterday a recently converted friend and I invited them out to his ranch for a shooting contest. We had a bench range setup-to 100yds. We had a radio controlled boat to put on his farm pond. It had four targets that it towed trailing out behind it and we could shoot from a nearby knoll or offhand at any range we choose. That was really fun to shoot a moving targets and watch where you hitting. Each target was a different size and we assigned pts , depending on which target was shot. We shot standing, sitting, off of boulders but no shooting bags.

All of the three have ordered guns, 3 Hubens 25. cal ;and 2 Crown .30 cal.. Those semi-autos are so much fun on moving targets, and the competition makes it all the better. Shooting at the water is pretty neat because you see exactly where your shooting. I had my Evanix semi-auto and the FX out there, but all three like the Huben best.

I want to try and rig a continuous moving target in the air and make pop up targets for a walking range. Getting together with friends really adds another dimension to this for me. I have been on the ph several times this am with these guys wanting to know what to get etc. They really enjoyed themselves.

If any one has any other ideas for targets or competition please advise.

Fred

Get three decks of cheap playing cards. Staple playing cards to blocks of 2x4. Set these out at varying distances - two of the same card next to each other at each distance. One person has the matching cards as the targets. Shuffle the cards. Two shooters compete to be the first to knock down the matching card/target as the third person draws them at random. One point each for whomever hits it first. For an added challenge use animal crackers. Call the game "Safari"