The Maverick ice pick shooter(.177) dropped another hog!

The ice pick shooter strikes again! The gun was shooting Griffin 23 grain .177 slugs around 1070fps(a hair under 60 fpe). This setup always gets it done 😃 The hog was around 125-150lbs. The shot was at 33 yards. I don't have a great story about the hunt really. The boar came in behind me, and I shot as soon as the right angle presented itself. As an aside, I almost got a shot at a true monster boar later on in the dark, but he showed up as I was packing up, and spotted me. As mentioned in my other .177 hog post a while back, I don't take hunting with this caliber lightly. I make sure of my shot, and don't take the shot unless it is perfect. This gun(at this power level in .177) will out penetrate most people's .30 air guns
Here's a short video I filmed with a PARD NV007S. The pig moved a little right when I pulled the trigger, making the impact about a half inch off, but the little ice pick still did it's job. This is why shot placement is critical with small bores 😉

pig dead.jpg

The coyotes probably ate that first 200 pounder, lol! The only boars I'll eat are the small ones 100lbs and under. The big ones are NASTY. Still no hog gets a pass when hunting. If one shows up, it dies. They are tearing up too many crops. They had already started rooting up peanuts that were just planted the day before(next to where I was hunting). They are pure destruction in south GA. I was hoping for a sow to show up, because that's good meat there :D I only had boars show up though...

That's one powerful. 177 . Good job waiting for the kill shot. What are the mods you've done to the Maverick ?
Thanks! I'm probably forgetting something, but I'll tell you what I do remember, lol
-Self made pin probe
-Huma hammer spring
-Alfa Precision 370mm twist barrel(625mm long), machined for a very tight fit
-Tungsten hammer weight
-Self made peek poppet/7.3mm valve seat opening
-Secondary cocking rod to handle extra hammer spring pressure
-Huma extra high pressure regulator
-Extra plenum section in place of the 2nd regulator
-Carbon shroud under tension
That's the important stuff I remember related to power and accuracy. There's other stuff, but it's mostly ergonomics and ease of use type stuff.