The Maverick Gets Into Heavy Metal!

Very nice.👍🏼

More power to you, Ed!!

Let us know what performance gains you were able to get! 😊

Matthias

Well, I got stopped short right at my install! 😥

The new hammer is ever so slightly larger diameter than the other hammer I had installed, and it won't fit. I am going to go get some polishing compound and see if I can buff it down just a smidge so it can fit.

• Sad
Reactions: JungleShooter
Well, I got stopped short right at my install! 😥

The new hammer is ever so slightly larger diameter than the other hammer I had installed, and it won't fit. I am going to go get some polishing compound and see if I can buff it down just a smidge so it can fit.
Yep I was going to tell you this.. I had to take mine to the belt sander and rotate it around to get it where I wanted. Polishing compound won't get it. I finished sanding it with some 600 grit. I also had to sand down the main body to help it free float inside the spring.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Yep I was going to tell you this.. I had to take mine to the belt sander and rotate it around to get it where I wanted. Polishing compound won't get it. I finished sanding it with some 600 grit. I also had to sand down the main body to help it free float inside the spring.
Ultimately, that is the same thing that I did. I put the hammer in my drill chuck and ran it against a grinding wheel. Then I finished it up wet on some 800grit paper. I'm surprised FX is letting out a product with such low QC. Now my question is this, is there anything we need to do to the finish that was removed during our modifications? I'm going to take your advice and sand down the main body. I had to back out my tune and go back to the steel hammer weight, and I couldn't get the consistency that I wanted before I went out for a raccoon hunt on public lands.

What reg pressures were you able to run? With the doubling of the weight, something tells me I won't be running my hammer wheel at 7, as I may bottom out on the valve.

Ultimately, that is the same thing that I did. I put the hammer in my drill chuck and ran it against a grinding wheel. Then I finished it up wet on some 800grit paper. I'm surprised FX is letting out a product with such low QC. Now my question is this, is there anything we need to do to the finish that was removed during our modifications? I'm going to take your advice and sand down the main body. I had to back out my tune and go back to the steel hammer weight, and I couldn't get the consistency that I wanted before I went out for a raccoon hunt on public lands.

What reg pressures were you able to run? With the doubling of the weight, something tells me I won't be running my hammer wheel at 7, as I may bottom out on the valve.
I am over 200 bar. I just got a digital sekhmet gauge and I need to go shoot the gun to see what it settles at. My Huma high pressure regulator may be creeping some as I am over 230 bar right now. Im thinking the gun will like to be at 200-210 for max power.

Reactions: N2 Shooter