The many faces of a Rainstorm.

So I had a bunch of Rainstorms in the past from .22 to .357 probably a dozen of so but now I only have 5 left.

I absolutely love the platform, Rugged, reliable, powerful and plenty accurate for me.

As always I have to mess with my airguns and change them around a bit :)

So here are the many faces of my 5 remaining Rainstorms :

First up is the one that resembles a standard Rainstorm the most, but I still stripped the stock of the stain and re-finished on the bare wood.

this one is a .30 tuned by Will Piatt for 100 FPE.

DSCF3201.JPG

Next one up is a .25 that I had for about 3 years, never seen a tune and also never had a problem at all, shooting the Baracuda 31gr at 55 FPE

This one I set it into a Winchester stock

DSCF3205.JPG

Next is my .30 Mini-Carbine, cut barrel, shroud, airtube and shortened the LOP in the stock, 70 FPE

DSCF3202.JPG

This one is a .25 over 10 years old, tuned by Will Piatt for 60 FPE and shooting the 29.5gr Nielsen bullet real well.

I set this one in a folding 10/22 stock

DSCF3204.JPG

And for last my most beautiful Rainstorm, a .30 that never seen a tuner, all I did was clip the hammersping a bit and I'm gettin 85 FPE for 3 mags, sub MOA at 80 yards with the 44gr JSB, I had this gun for about 7 years with absolutely zero problems, even minimal.

This gun is set in a beautiful thumbhole stock.

DSCF3203.JPG

So there you have it, the different faces of the same gun :)

And to finish a family portrait

DSCF3206.JPG

Last edited:
I do not know why Evanix evolved to be covered by an invisibility blanket.....

They used to make very good rifles. Rainstorm, Windy City and S10 Blizzard were accurate, robust and long lasting.
Yeah, they never took off in the US market, the AR6/K550 was a great rifle too in .22 .25 and .30

Definitely a rugged, reliable, accurate rifle......I put them through some tough testing hunting serious challenging terrain.

Reactions: Scotay42
Nice set of rifles. I was seriously considering getting a Rainstorm when I first got into PCPs'. That .30 Mini-Carbine looks pretty slick. I like what you've done, especially fitting them into different stocks. I agree that they don't get much attention here on AGN. I see a lot more threads on GTA especially from Manny (NomadicPirate).
Zoom in on the OP’s avatar pic…

Reactions: moodyblues
Ive never even seen one of these before now, great looking rifles!
Yeah most people don't even know they existed,....never really took off in the US even before the coming of the great rifles we have today, the past 10 years has been amazing with all the new guns that came out, just amazing.

Nice set of rifles. I was seriously considering getting a Rainstorm when I first got into PCPs'. That .30 Mini-Carbine looks pretty slick. I like what you've done, especially fitting them into different stocks. I agree that they don't get much attention here on AGN. I see a lot more threads on GTA especially from Manny (NomadicPirate).

Manny is in stealth mode over here … 🥷

Airarcher AKA Nordic Pirate . I still remember the first the 1st 9mm Ultra you bought from me in the old days . Rhew
Indeed Rodney, Will never forget coming to your house to get that Career Ultra .357 :)

....planning to make it down there one of these days to see if I can talk you out of some pieces :)

So I had a bunch of Rainstorms in the past from .22 to .357 probably a dozen of so but now I only have 5 left.

I absolutely love the platform, Rugged, reliable, powerful and plenty accurate for me.

As always I have to mess with my airguns and change them around a bit :)

So here are the many faces of my 5 remaining Rainstorms :

First up is the one that resembles a standard Rainstorm the most, but I still stripped the stock of the stain and re-finished on the bare wood.

this one is a .30 tuned by Will Piatt for 100 FPE.

View attachment 273656

Next one up is a .25 that I had for about 3 years, never seen a tune and also never had a problem at all, shooting the Baracuda 31gr at 55 FPE

This one I set it into a Winchester stock

View attachment 273657

Next is my .30 Mini-Carbine, cut barrel, shroud, airtube and shortened the LOP in the stock, 70 FPE

View attachment 273658

This one is a .25 over 10 years old, tuned by Will Piatt for 60 FPE and shooting the 29.5gr Nielsen bullet real well.

I set this one in a folding 10/22 stock

View attachment 273659

And for last my most beautiful Rainstorm, a .30 that never seen a tuner, all I did was clip the hammersping a bit and I'm gettin 85 FPE for 3 mags, sub MOA at 80 yards with the 44gr JSB, I had this gun for about 7 years with absolutely zero problems, even minimal.

This gun is set in a beautiful thumbhole stock.

View attachment 273660

So there you have it, the different faces of the same gun :)

And to finish a family portrait

View attachment 273661
Wow / beautiful collection of functionality! And I learned about a new thing - new to me.🙃