• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The lowly MSP....poor pumper.

fpgt72

Oct 12, 2017
MO
If you are an old fart like me....you likely started on a multi pump, or MSP....Daisy 880, crosman 766, Sheridan.....you name it, we likely all started our gun journey here, and not with the red ryder.....if you came of age in the late 60's early 70's. Mine was a Crosman 766. Not sure what happened to it likely my mother tossed it st sometime.

Anyway....I still have a large soft spot in my heart for the MSP, and have a few....5 I think....and would love to find a 22x, it would fit in nice with my 2200 Magnums...I have two, one chrome one in the black.

Anyhoo anyone still have a love for the pumpers, I sure do, but due to some health issues pumping is hard for me....but I sure do enjoy them.

They seem to get the short end of the stick....but I have found even the new 2100 to be very acceptable. I did about 5 shots (about all I could do) and found it to be very good at 25 yards....and over the chrono at 550-ish fps with JSB heavy (what mine likes).

I think much of the issue with these unloved guns are the garbage pellets they get fed. Like any air rifle....really any rifle, the ammo makes a great deal of difference.

So anyone have love of the lowly MSP....we all know the benji's 39x series are good guns, anyone....anyone....Bueller.....Bueller?

Sure-my first real airgun was a Crosman 101?
a9e25445e883494a25fd53dc64865556.jpg
883a8ae141f235b8d9d42f64505b8e1f.jpg

It was in rough shape but shot well. Mine was the rarer .177 caliber. I passed it on a year or two back to my friend who was responsible for giving me my first bb gun back in 1970.
I now have a 1322 which I shoot quite a bit, as well as a couple Sheridans which I don't shoot much.
bf45b5fc886ffc3e2a7ea6d524c38571.jpg

Before
12f5b037404709fa85725a843e51d569.jpg

After
This one was rescued from a trash can, my son and I rebuilt it and re-stocked it

I believe so, in my experience RWS pellets tend to be on the small side on head diameter. The bore seems exceptionally large, I can insert the head of a jsb into the muzzle where it should contact the rifling and feel slop between the head and rifling. Even pushing one through from the breech shows little in the way of rifling marks.

Someone once mentioned Eunjin pellets being on the larger side but they seem to heavy for a standard pumper.