• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Lifecycle of an Air Gunner

Sooooo...

We just got to have it, it's new, its the next generation, better improved a real tack driver as quiet as a nats fart so we buy it.... crap our scope just does not live up to its ability okay so upgrade the scope, oh no, The scope rings are only single screw or not high rise yep got to go get them..... Crap, invested all this money in this unit I am not going to just lug it around in the back seat without protecting it got to get a good gun case... Well shoot, got all this money in this gun and still using this old crappy air tank time for an upgrade... All this money invested for Air Gunning and nowhere to put my equipment and keep it safe Time to go get a good fireproof safe... Got her tuned and she is a beauty oh my baby, I've got to show her off

NOW I AM READY, Call my buddy come check out this setup,.,.,. 😁 

He comes over WITH THE MARK 2 OF THE GUN😡 SON OF A BISCUIT EATER!!!😨 

not just addictive for the one owner of the air rifle. ive got several friends that have become avid plinkers just being around my addiction.

I am glad I'm just a springer guy.

I know my self, I have an addictive personality. I've got about 1500 vinyl records (and counting) to prove it. but just imagine if i sold 'em all and put that money into air rifles. That would be so fun. 

It's the same with all hobbies/interests. In the mid to late 80s I was racing remote control cars. Every month some new company was coming out with upgrades or new, faster cars. I had a Team Associated RC10. Stock, it wasn't good enough so I replaced the bronze bushings with sealed bearings, replaced the transmission, the went with titanium steering linkages, and of course upgraded the motor and cooling. To lighten it I replaced the original pan style frame with a carbon fiber one. There were many other upgrades and by the time I thought I was done, I had spent 6 times what the car originally cost and nothing was original. Then team Associated introduced a new improved RC10. I thought about buying one, but I took a step back and realized the car wasn't going to help me win more races, practice was.

The few airguns I have are all more accurate than I am. I don't need a better scope, or gun, or pellets, I need more practice.

It's the same with all hobbies/interests. In the mid to late 80s I was racing remote control cars. Every month some new company was coming out with upgrades or new, faster cars. I had a Team Associated RC10. Stock, it wasn't good enough so I replaced the bronze bushings with sealed bearings, replaced the transmission, the went with titanium steering linkages, and of course upgraded the motor and cooling. To lighten it I replaced the original pan style frame with a carbon fiber one. There were many other upgrades and by the time I thought I was done, I had spent 6 times what the car originally cost and nothing was original. Then team Associated introduced a new improved RC10. I thought about buying one, but I took a step back and realized the car wasn't going to help me win more races, practice was.

The few airguns I have are all more accurate than I am. I don't need a better scope, or gun, or pellets, I need more practice.

Amen Brother 

Still, you got to admit we all do it. the same thing applies to these darn cell phones and just about anything we like to show off. 

Something happened this weekend at the competition I was at that had me almost rolling on the floor. Poor fella was showing off his GPS Dog tracking system and talking about all the new bells and whistles when his buddy from another state came in with a newer version. I have never seen a perfect double-take and wait what moment in my life 

not just addictive for the one owner of the air rifle. ive got several friends that have become avid plinkers just being around my addiction.

I know my self, I have an addictive personality. I've got about 1500 vinyl records (and counting) to prove it. but just imagine if i sold 'em all and put that money into air rifles. That would be so fun. 

I have a record player and love the sound of records 

Same here. I use to work for a company putting records on Juke Boxes. I had several, and I mean several boxes of records in the garage. I also had an old Wind-up Victrola with boxes of records. I planned on selling them on EBay. But I got sick of it. So I gave the whole truckload of them, a few antique sewing machines and some antique dressers my friend. Sometimes you just have to take the loss and clean house.

Leadfoot, I agree 100%. I am a relative "piker" with airguns, at least compared to some on this forum, or I should say most. I only have 4, and they are just "run of the mill" types, but you know what, they work great for me. I like to shoot airguns, but being honest, I have waaaaayyyyyy more money and time invested in handguns (powder burners), and have spent a lot of time training with them.

I like this forum more as a learning source, than being one of the in the know air gun pros. It's fun. I don't usually go down the road, with airguns that is, that the OP is talking about, but Lord have mercy, I have with firearms. 😏

What’ I find odd, is when conversation comes up and someone asks “so, man, how do you keep yourself occupied(he’s a non airgunner, btw)

And you reply “ I got myself a great hobby” and they ask “Oh, yeah, what’s that?” And before you word out the words “Adult high powered Airguns” you can see on his face he’s expecting something like stamp collecting, mountain bike riding, fishing, etc. And when you tell them, never fails, I always get a funny look. 

It looks like they also want to ask next “adult air guns, what’s that?” But they don’t. They just nod their head.