The lewis and clark air rifle in washington state?

Hello, Im new on Airgun Nation so here i go...the year was 1805-1806 it was fall. Lewis and clark journey threw the pacific north west was the best part of their entire story when they came back to the corps of discovery after crossing america.

they brought back medicine and new techniqes for fishing and hunting, some methodes the Indians of washington state taught them.

lewis and clark had a secret weapon that just blew the indians minds that it had no combustion to fire a projectile that was taking down elk. 
this air rifle was the girandoni! It was itailian and it was a .46 caliber!

it was also a 20 round tube fed repeater!

Now im a felon and i cant have a gun. It wasnt a violent crime and i dont have a domestic violence charge or anything wierd!!! I work for the public school as lead custodian, so yeah, had to get a waiver was all.

im on here telling this story because i live in washington state and idaho is are sistering state and you can hunt everything basicaly with a air rifle. Its makes me really upset that its not legal to kill a mule dear or bear, cougar and small game with a air rifle in washington.

an elk would be cool to take but i dont see it passing!

i also want to inform everyone who reads this that i have ameeting with my local legislature in persin to discuse this matter and i need your input to help make this possible!

here is what i need, i need your input about what size calibers should be used for large game and small. What velocity? 
if you live in a state that has cool laws tell me what you can do in your state?

1 coyote will kill 7-12 fawns and yearling and destroy dozens of game bird nest per year!!!!!!!!!

im only interested in ethics and legal hunting and get my kids into hunting and continue this awesome countrys fish and game hunting, preserve that for future generations!

so thanks for reading and hope to hear some great feedback

So what is the point of air gun nation???

you guys just all shot pop cans and rodents or what? Review air guns to try win one? Whats the point of this platform?

I dont think tribal lands will give up their firearms so i wouldnt worry about firearms being banned anytime in are life time. 

im a felon and i just wanna take my kids hunting with big game worthy air rifles where legal and take small game legaly!!!

I wanna follow the rules and be ethical and a law abiding citizen. Im not into poaching or being a part of anything illegal. I dont even drink or smoke. 

so living in washington state and its illegal to hunt anything with a air rifle...it sucks.

you can hunt large game with air rifles in idaho, sister state to washington!!! It doesnt make sense???

C3310EE4-D000-4FFF-9D7E-B70101A1F098.1618464558.png
6D1B7C1B-7DDF-4EB9-89B4-D34BEAA036D4.1618464558.png

So you guys dont wanna go bag a mountain lion with a nice air rifle, like the umarex hammer .50??? Thats what im doing next year, im tagging out and going for 2 months. Getting a deer and maybe go on a guided hunt with hounds for a mountain lion. Im a licensed trapper Also so i can do my trapping in idaho and use the air rifles. 

am i alone on all this or what?

Nutria, and your cool with just hunting nutria with a air rifle and nothing else! Laws arent gonna change them selves folks!

You can trap nutria dude, its a rodent. Im talking about big game hunting in washington state with air rifles.

To each there own I hunt more than those------ but big game I use my PB'S cause I can

@coyote-bandit I have to agree, don’t draw attention and I will be blunt on my view. I give you kudos for admitting you made a mistake, and it is something you have to live with. However, don’t let legislatures see air guns as a work around for ex-felons to own a gun. Be careful too in Idaho. Idaho law when it gets to hunting and fair chase can get murky and vague. I am 4th generation in the state and eventually plan to head back one day. Please take the common sense approach, either get your record made clean or go to Idaho to hunt with an air rifle if you want to hunt large game with an air rifle.

1) It is essentially illegal in Idaho to use any electronics attached to your gun while hunting big game. You legally can have a handheld range finder, but nothing attached. You are allowed to attach like a go-pro-side shot set up for filming the shot, but you can NOT use an ATN type scope.

2) Idaho allows ID F&G officers to pull you over for inspection without “traditional” probable cause, but within the scope of hunting/fishing issues and that is it. In Idaho it is illegal to transport long guns / firearms loaded, don’t know why you would anyways. Please do the same with air rifles, not loaded and ammo separate from the gun. 

3) Hunting at night in Idaho is illegal without a special permit, and I believe that is only for coyotes.

4) Idaho does consider air rifles / etc as dangerous weapons, so screwing up with them can have the same effects as screwing up with a firearm.

Idaho has “liberal” firearms laws, and strict hunting & fishing laws. Ironically!

The hammer .50 by umarex generates 600 muzzle power and fires at 1000 fps. Its double the required muzzle power. It shots a .50 caliber and meets all large game requirments for air rifle!!!! Now you see what im talking about. Its a big bore air rifle.

If you go before the legislature and explain that you wanna hunt big game with an air rifle because you are a felon, and that modern PCP air rifles have energy requirements meeting some firearms so they can ethically take big game, what you end up with is a law requiring air riles be registered just as firearms are, as well as bans against ownership or possession by felons.

No do you see what I'm talking about?

The government doesn't typically operate by providing freedom, they operate by limiting freedom.

You best leave lawmakers thinking that air rifles are like the Red Ryder of yesteryear. I'm still waiting for some whack job to get caught using a DonnyFL on a powder burner during a mass shooting, and watch my silent hunting days become illegal overnight. 😥