• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The lesser mentioned even numbered Beeman "R" series

Seems the R1, R7, R9, R11 get lots of attention and mention and rightfully so as they are great but the even numbers get much less mention it seems. Here are a few great rifles in the Beeman "R" line up definitely worthy of mention and some testing if you get a chance.

Beeman R6- probably the least mentioned of the classic Beeman rifle series but definitely a great one. Quite a bit more potent and only slightly larger than the R7 it's a great all day plinker or small hunter that can be easily manuvered and carried all day. With over 100fps more velocity over the R7 longer range shooting and or slightly larger game can be sought with the R6 over the R7.

126 Beeman R6 .177.1603568368.JPG

126 Beeman R6.1603568368.JPG

R8- a really superb rifle, a bit larger than both the R6 or R7 but still a light weight, accurate, easy to cock rifle. Power is also right in between the R6 and R7, it shocks me that it did not stay in the Beeman lineup much longer than it did. Sometimes the R6 & R7 begin to feel too light in my hands but I never quite get to that point with the R8. For me it's the "Goldielocks" of the lower power "R" lineup.

130 Beeman R8 .177.1603568894.JPG

130 Beeman R8.1603568895.JPG

R10 deluxe- nearly as potent and a bit lighter than the R1 it had limited sucess but is loved by many who felt the R1 was just a bit too much. They have a raised scope rail and came in both standard (short stock) and deluxe (full length stock) as well as carbine and rifle lengths. 

136 Beeman R10 .177.1603569681.JPG

136 Beeman R10.1603569681.JPG

For what they are worth, a few random history notes:

The R6 was the last R gun to be introduced, and unlike the others did not have a different stock than its "parent" gun: the Weihrauch HW 99. You can, in effect, still buy an R6 today...the HW 99 was later re-named the HW 50!

The R8 was based on the original HW 50, which was HW's first post-war rifle, made until the late 90's. Weihrauch replaced this gun with the HW 99 (and re-named it HW 50 due to its similar appearance and historical legacy of the name...or maybe they just enjoy confusing us, LOL). As you noted, the HW 99/new HW 50/R6 is more powerful than the old HW 50/R8, but I agree the latter is an all-time great mid-power "all-rounder."

I'm not personally acquainted with the R10, but IIRC it was derived from the HW 85. This model started out as one of the "clean out the parts bin" hybrid models that followed Weihrauch's acquisition of the old BSF factory.