The KingsField TLX-250 - It's alive!

Who says springers can't evolve? Behold the KingsField TLX-250. Its 12 FPE of .177 goodness that shoots like a PCP. Named in honor of Tony Leach and its British heritage; it is based on a TX200HC upgraded with a next generation 22mm piston and wearing a Craftsman Vit stock in coral snake colors.

On top is an Athlon Argos 6-24x50 FFP but I'll probably change it to a Vortex DiamondBack to give it a lower/sleeker profile. It's not done yet; the next modifications will be one of Tony's magnetic lever catches and maybe an adjustable trigger blade (Rowan?). Lastly, if I can find a talented/brave machinist it will get an external spring pre-load adjuster for super fine tuning FPS without disassembly. You know what they say... if you can't find it, build it yourself!

PS. Special thanks to Tony L. for making such a great kit and Steve (NitroCrushr) for his advice on its installation and giving me inspiration to try this conversion.

-Marty

KingsField TL250.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta love a Craftsman Vit stock...and I do because I own one....lol. Gorgeous rifle, MM.
They are quality stocks indeed - I think I may have seen your post about it before making the jump, I was a little apprehensive given that it ships from war torn Ukraine 🙁 but there were no issues except the wait to ship over to the USA. That said, the LP stocks from Poland are also an interesting alternative.

-Marty

Reactions: SteveP-52