• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

The joy of being a airgunner

Peashooter

Apr 9, 2021
Denmark
Well it like anything have its ups and downs, this weekend was pretty UP, well at least for Saturday, Sunday did end a little on a low note but still very much worth it.

Saturday was both a work and play day, well for me at least as i brought my Maverick, at about 10 in the evening we 2 old boys was pretty done for, so we shifted to R&R gear, which for us mean single malt on the rocks and some action in the fire pit.
This lasted until about 5 in the morning.

A special thanks go out to the people absolutely not supporting me, but make things i use.

bål.jpg

Sunday at 10 we was back in the field,,,, well i was, my friend slept a hour extra, so i broke out the Maverick again and did a little testing, and i actually found a setting where i can shoot 20 grain slugs, though not very fast / hard, but they group okay, same go for a range of other slugs and pellets in lesser weight classes.
So i think for now i will leave the REG alone for a while as i was getting 1 digit std DEV 10 shot strings

Funny thing though, testing some beasts and they flew pretty bad at 650 - +800 FPS, but then i thought " screw it" turned the hammer knob to #7 and then suddenly the beasts was flying pretty darn good to the target some 80 M away,,,,, and me that had the understanding that beasts was no good past 50 M or so, but +1000 FPS and they no longer flew like boomerangs which they did at the lower speeds.

Anyway we got a little work done on the back side of the Concrete mountain we made last year,,, well half made last year.:whistle:

Anyway some clouds was noticed and also that they got bigger and bigger and changed from white to a lot darker nuances, and in 10 minutes it changed from pretty decent shooting weather to stronger winds coming from all directions except from the ground and up, and then a few minutes later the rain came putting a stop to the weekend.

Last edited:
I'm finding that airguns are much lower stress than my usual firearms. Don't get me wrong, the airguns will still ruin/end your day, but generally speaking they bleed off energy much faster than a traditional rifle bullet and so they can be used in a larger variety of places without fear of a ricochet traveling miles down the road. So there's just something about being able to enjoy shooting without all the added noise, recoil, or hazards. It really does make life simpler and more enjoyable!