The Hugh Hefner of airguns

@kingfisher61 You, sir, have an irritating habit of making people drool on keyboards with pics of the guns you post...lol.
Please keep it up, I'm very much enjoying seeing them and keyboards are pretty cheap to replace :)

Super kind words Steve!!! I have a few more up my sleeve but can't compete with Dual Mag Mike or Sonny....and a host of others.....talking about you Lewis and Matt Saenz. Lol

Super kind words Steve!!! I have a few more up my sleeve but can't compete with Dual Mag Mike or Sonny....and a host of others.....talking about you Lewis and Matt Saenz. Lol
Maybe not, but you've officially joined the list of members the likes of KWK, Lewis, DualMagMike and others who, when they post parts of their collections most definitely have shooters drooling...lol.

Reactions: FarmPlinker
What was that catalog with the bikini clad women shooting airguns back in the mid 70s. I think it was Air Rifle Headquarters was the vendor. Very educational for a teenage boy. Oh yeah, it had some airguns for sale. My mom found it and confiscated it.

I am new in forum so hope I did not offend. Let me know and I will delete the post.
Better not let your mom see the new Crosman catalog, at least the cover....

I ordered a Beeman catalog from an ad in the back of "Guns and Ammo" when I was about 15 in the mid 80's. The ad advertised "Adult Airguns", which growing up with Crosmans and Benjamins intrigued me. When it arrived I was enamored with the stunning photos of the beautiful airguns. The prices shocked me though! Naturally, I wanted the R-1, but for the same price I could have bought two 10/22's! It did spark a simmering desire that smouldered for another 15 years. That's when I reentered the "adult" airgun world (albeit with a RWS 48 in .177) and it all started with those glossy catalogs!

The first day of architecture school they taught us you could sell anything with the right presentation! The Doc absolutely understood that, the photos and graphics in his catalogs were top notch.

RWS was their main competition through the 80's and early 90's, but their catalogs of the day looked like fails from a grade school art class by comparison.

When I bought an FWB 124D in 1979, most of my friends thought I had lost it, paying nearly $300 for what they called a BB gun. They had not read cover-to-cover Robert Laws catalog on why you should buy a spring-powered rifle. Eventually, I read Dr. Beeman's reasoning as well. I was convinced after I got my FWB 124 and started putting those Silver Jets down range.

I received my first Beeman catalog in the early 1970s. Tempting though the ads were, I already had a Winchester 427 and Beeman's prices, although cheaper than Air Rifle Headquarters, were off-putting. In the early 1980s I was browsing through Shotgun News in a magazine store when an ad for BSF S60s at a very attractive price came into view. So, I bought my first powerful air rifle. And then the passion began!!!!!