• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch The holy grail

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
Two years of searching and disappointment I finally got my HW98 .20
Approximately July 20 I saw the 98 at AOA. Almost had a heart attack. I tried buying from them before, no dice, because I live in Canada. They want nothing to do with the paper work involved. So I called my man Wes who is a dealer and can buy from them. For 3 days I get a voice mail he’s busy. I’m watching that gun 3-4 times daily with panic. I posted here “Where’s Wes” and find out he’s in Scotland. Had to change my depends. He’s gone another 1 1/2 weeks.
‘I’m watching that gun daily like I owned it. On Aug 7 a member jccams blew my cover, announcing there’s a 98 at AOA. Luckily I read it shortly after he posted it. Another Depends, major load. What to do? I immediatly called I think Kirk at AOA. Told him of my dilemma and asked if I paid for it Wes would contact them when he gets back. Kirk was A1 and saved the day, awesome customer service!
I have to thank Kirk and Wes at Airgunarcheryfun for making this work.
This is the new 98.
IMG_6762.jpeg
Already for the bench.
IMG_6763.jpeg
I picked up this scope weeks ago.
IMG_6764.jpeg
To me this is the ultimate.
IMG_6765.jpeg
Already a place for it. Just finished my coffee after supper. I’m going to shoot this baby on the range. Crow

Reactions: crowski
Nice collection
Thanks. Crow
CONGRATULATIONS! Whoa....what a pickle you were in! Smart to ask and pay and go thru Wes! Enjoy your HOLY GRAIL 98 .20...beautiful 🤗.
Thanks. Learned to juggle a long time ago. Comes in handy. Crow
After I traded my tx I have been missing owning a nice springer ever sense....I might try a hw97 177 from krale
Got 2 97’s in .177 and both worthy. Can’t part with one. But my 97 .20 does magic. Can’t go wrong with a 97. Good luck. Crow
Yes! Congratulations!
I'm liking my recently acquired 20 cal 98 alot too.
Thanks. Easy gun to operate. I hope to shoot mine like yours. Crow
Sorry I blew your cover Crow, but I'm really glad you got it! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.
Thanks. Instant panic. All worked out good in the end. Hilarious now. I would have gone crazy watching it for another week and a half. So, I owe you a thanks as well. Crow
Where did the black stippling go on the second one from the top? Curious minds want to know!

-Marty
Marty, this is the new 98. Crow
My HW98 is also without the traditional black on the stippling. I suppose the clean look is growing on me. It will put 5 shots in a tight hole at 25m, so there's that!

View attachment 388923

View attachment 388924

View attachment 388925

View attachment 388926
I like the black. Used to hate it. Don’t mind the plain. Crow

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchibi

Glad you found your grail! .20 is really growing on me, it is an amazing caliber.
I swore to myself I wouldn’t get into .20 cal. Got a R9 and changed the promise to myself. This one is #7. Crow
Nice, and great story. And I like the look without the black.
Thanks. I forgot to mention, I had a 98 .20 on order over 2 years ago, before s—t hit the fan. Only to be told Weihrauch will not send .20 and .25 cal. rifles to Canada? Crow
Yeah Crow,
You are crazy addicted to those Weihrauch's - like me.

- For me the JSB 13.72 is the best pellet made for a Springer - HW95/HW98/HW80S.
Safe to say.
‘I’m sitting on about 30 tins of the JSB’s. I’ve got some 15.89‘s coming to try. Crow

I never had any luck with 15.89s in any of my twenty cal Weihrauchs. Both accuracy and power suffered.

That's pretty typical of my experience with heavy for caliber pellets with my Weihrauch springers. Almost always my guns lose a lot of power with heavies. Even if the accuracy is good. Which often it isn't.

Ymmv. Let us know if yours likes them.

Reactions: crowski