The Hatsan 125 PRO, What's the big deal with this version?!

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well...
I've recently come across the new Hatsan's line of traditional springers and gas-ram air rifles titled ZADA, alongside which, they've also updated the venerable mod. 125 rifle from their magnum line of break barrels. This newest model has got a skeletonized stock, which I personally don't really like, because it'll most certainly throw the gun off balance and leave it almost exclusively front heavy among the rest of the 125 versions. I reckon they've made this decision, because they wanted to reduce the overall weight of the gun and make it more manageable to shoot - it does have a pistol grip after all, but I'd much rather have a solid, synthetic stock than a skeletonized one, making the gun front heavy. On the other hand, what I really like about this one is that it comes with almost the same rubberized muzzle end, like most of their other break barrels have, which is also hooded in addition to that of the previous models, which all have an exposed front post (save for the very early 125s with really short muzzle end blocks, those had a covered front post sight).

Other than that, I didn't really notice anything new, but hey, it's a new version/iteration in their line of 125s... So far we've got the thumbhole stock version, the standard 125, Dominator verison, the 125 Sniper... maybe there are even more, that I haven't listed here ( We're talking about the 125 model here, exclusively! ).

So, does anybody have this new PRO model, what else is different about this one from the older ones? Does it have a different finish on it, perhaps an oversized-bore issue?
Let me know, if anybody's got this thing in possession, I'm really curious about it :)

Here's the link to one of these guns: https://www.balistas.com/hatsan-125-pro-5-5mm

Oh wow that's an odd stock👀
I wonder if the pistol grip style would help counter weight front weight that you speak of🤔
One of my break barrels is synthetic stock(not the pistol grip though). Which I think makes it quite front heavy. For bench it is fine. But walking around with it is not so much of a relaxed hold as a.more balanced slinger

Reactions: Triglav
Oh wow that's an odd stock👀
I wonder if the pistol grip style would help counter weight front weight that you speak of🤔
One of my break barrels is synthetic stock(not the pistol grip though). Which I think makes it quite front heavy. For bench it is fine. But walking around with it is not so much of a relaxed hold as a.more balanced slinger
The aesthetics of this type of stock are hurting my eyes 😠 I hate it down to my core, it's just plain ugly to me, to be honest.
The thing with these Hatsan mod. 125s is, that they're all more or less built like a tank, but every version, even the 125 Sniper, with its sturdier stock, feels front heavy; Despite the 125 Sniper variant having a sturdier, heavier stock, it's still front heavy, mostly because of its attached moderator or otherwise its built-in Quiet Energy moderator (depending on the features of the exact model), which throws the balance off up front - A summary of what folks I've spoken to had to say about it, or have otherwise written about the Sniper variant. As for me personally with my standard 125 model, I can totally agree with this, the gun feels front heavy, but I can actually manage it well when I'm shooting 12oz cans off-hand at shorter distances, up to 35 yards. Beyond that range I have to rest it down on the table and into my palm, otherwise I don't hit anything. The damn thing is heavy - The primary point of PRO's skeletonized stock on Hatsan's behalf is actually the weight reduction, not comfortability with its pistol grip.

In my honest opinion, the mod. 125 is best in either standard or TH configuration, these two variants are the best if you're running a spring over gas-ram :Vortex, as the sound of the mainspring comes from the receiver anyway, so there's little use for a moderator, save for using really light pellets - 10gr FTT greens for instance, as those will most certainly break the sound barrier. Although there's a slight consideration I'd make, if I were to get the TH variant... Sure, the slanted pistol grip's fine, but what if I were to drop the gun on a hard surface by accident ?! Would the bridge over the thumhole gap in the stock break? In my opinion, the standard variant's full stock wouldn't, because it's sturdy enough and there is enough material there too.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1