• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A The Gryphon from Tartarian Tech, A.K.A Poor man's Huben pistol, (double action pcp pistol less than 80 bucks)

This is the official tread for The Gryphon, as now the model is finally finished. (not printed for purely legal reasons, yet...)

Why the Gryphon? cause I was so exited when Huben mailed at me saying that they will finally make a pistol version of the K1 rifle, but I got pretty much insulted when I see the friking and absolutelly unjustificable 1300+ dollar price. Even a 500 buck will be a vast margin for a bunch of crappy steel pieces + a pcp deposit (that you can buy for 20/30 bucks on aliexpress), but no... the greed of the airgun companies know no bounds.

Jajaja, if you don't like it, make it yourself you idiot, what are you gonna do crybaby...? hu hu?...

And with that, an epic story of revengence begins, meet the Gryphon, who's destiny is to bring humility to all greedy airgun companies and restore balance on the market.

¿What is The Gryphon? It's the first 3D printed that you can DIY pcp pistol for really cheap, featuring Double and single action, only 23 cm long, far less than the humunguous 32,5cm of the GK1, 12 shot rotary, self indexing cilinder, .177 caliber, 17cm of rifled barrel, out of the box treaded for silecer or even barrel extension, with small game power and full pcp action!!

FOR LESS THAN 80 BUCKS!!!

Rev.jpg

Sadly you can't print a pcp deposit... yet, so it uses a pcp conversion kit for the crossman 2022/1733 (you don't need to have the gun)

Plus a gamo Pt80 Tacticool barrel;

And... that's it, the kit also contains the main spring and the bolt, the rest is actionated with rubber bands.

Not so great things:

The double action is long and hard, not ideal for precision shooting, the single action instead features a smooth trigger release thanks to using a medieval crossbow release concept, so no more spring tension to the trigger, plus the pull is much shorter.

Well... it is made of cheap 3D printer plastic, better not drop it to the floor.

I promised interchangeable barrels/cilinders for diferent calibers, but that prove to be more dificult to implement than I though, I just didn't like the result, so .177 only for now, but it would be easy to make a .22 o .25 version on the future.

Power figures: Same as the kit, 12 joule + or -... but thats far less than the GK1!!! you may say... well... you can attach the barrel extender accesory purchasing another cheap barrel to greatly increase the power to probably 20 joule, or you can drill bigger ports to go as up without the extensor. For me, 12 joule in 23cm pistol with a good shoot count is enough, and drill ports will surpase my country legal limit on power.

Current problems, I can't print it in my country for legal reasons, it will be legal to own such a gun cause it's in legal power range, but not to actually make it without gunsmith license, so I'm in touch with another 3d printing enthusiast that will print and do the tests for me.

I will post any update plus the final files + instructions release. I also have been told that, people of the states can't buy crappy gamo spares overseas for some reasons, that is another problem to look on that may need a equivalent replace, I choose that barrel because is large enough and cheap as dirt.

(also, I will probably decor the gun with a cool gryphon motive engraves or something.)

Last edited:
Tartarian Tech.jpg

Final version of the Poor man's GK1, tolerances adjusted, it should be ok to print... but I can't because I live in a country with very stupid gun laws, it should be legal to own, but not to make, I send a message to the consultation page of the national firearms intervention, and they just say that I can't make it, but they don't even respond if I can own it or how to import if you assembly it in another coutnry, cause the gun is in the legal limits. I may release as it is.

Also I update the state of the HDP-MS (Marble shooter) that uses a HPD.50 + a 16mm brass barrel from Aliexpress to actually shoot marbles!

It is a much simplier design compared to the nightmare that was to design the other one, I discarded a rotary revolver system because it make the gun too bulky and I just what to shoot marbles, not spike darts that will be totally ilegal. It uses the core of the HDP, an adjustable hop up system to improve the poor precision of the T4E series and it is adapted to, well... shoot marbles.

Why marbles? because you can get a toon of them for a buck, while the .50 ammo is payed as if it was made of gold. BUT, not all marbles are created equal, depending on air resistance and tight, you may separate A, B and C grade ammo, I doubt there will be a noticable difference in power unless the marble show no air resistance at all (you should discard those), but it may be important for adjusting the hop up to get the most accuracy.

Reactions: beerthief