The Groundhog and Hybrid Slug Didn't See Eye to Eye

I would love to see the slug and where it wound up inside that critter. I just started testing the 25 cal hybrids out of my airforce condor ss. They are shooting over 1100 fps and very accurate.
I have evidence that these slugs are fragmenting on impact at 930fps. Take a look at this video I made with exit wounds leading me to believe there was some dum dum bullet action going on.

Need to get a slug compatible gun. My Benjamin Marauder shooting 21.14 H&N Barracuda passes through ground squirrels. Wondering if slugs would do a better job of energy dump limiting exit velocity.
I have shot slugs from a number of different manufacturers in .25, .30 and .357 calibers. I have also done testing with slugs in Ballistics Gel and slo-mo cameras. Most every slug I've shot failed to expand quick enough to limit penetration depth, for one of two reasons:
  1. The slugs were not traveling fast enough to expand, oftentimes because slugs are usually heavier than pellets.
  2. The sidewalls of the slugs are too thick to expand in the first few inches of penetration.
Your level of penetration will be even deeper with slugs since you are using a .22 cal, which has less resistance in game at the

In this video, you can see what the NSA slugs do through 16" of Ballistic Gel:

I recommend you try the FX Hybrid Slugs, as they are lighter weight, they can reach higher velocities than traditional slugs.

I don't know how ground squirrels compare to fox squirrel, but you can see in this video where I take a fox squirrel at 73 yards with the .30 cal Hybrid Slugs: