• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Gopher War

This morning started out cool and breezy...I thought the enemy would be hunkered down until the sun took the edge off the cold. No, the activity was fast for a time, I hardly had time to warm myself with that first cup of coffee. My observer held up his right hand for up elevation and covered his face with the left signifying turret right. 3 shots and 3 hits, the enemy lay lifeless and bloody, no longer able to ravage the garden. The gophers uncovered the kid's long lost tank and soldier from the garden soil, probably lots more toys scattered about, the kids are in their forties. 

The Gopher War.1623342864.JPG

I will continue my hunting later, I require caffeine to continue the rout of the Gopher Horde.

Yesterday I shot 2 and put them up on the stump for a picture,,,I went in the house to get my camera and the sort of pet Raven came down and snatched them!!! My wife has told me countless times not to feed the wildlife, "it will be cool until its not" I am a slow learner.

Good luck with your pesting, stay healthy and safe

Arrowhead1951 

Mr. Luke51 and Mr. uhfradarwill,

I sort of have a dedicated "Gopher Gun" it is my first PCP rifle....a Gamo Urban, .22 cal shooting the Crosman Premium Hollow Point pellets. It has a side focus Bug Buster 3-12 x32 scope, which is the key to my close up shots, focuses to 5 yards. My distances vary all the time, so what I did was zero the scope at 10 yards and then I made a cheat sheet that is just tape with holdover and holdunder notes stuck inside the scope cap for quick reference. So far this set-up works for me, I am pretty old and shaky so I normally use a portable tripod to steady my shots. I practice a lot shooting my empty small pill bottles from 7 yards out to 20 yards. The pocket gophers don't sit still very long if at all, so I try for head shots, but will take body shots too. The .22 hollow points really do a good job on a gopher.

Thanks for the interest in my saga with the gophers, I try to make my posts entertaining and answer any questions that I can. I am relatively new to airguns and have learned a lot from the other pesters on the forum, some really knowledgeable, helpful and fun guys.

Good luck with your pesting, stay healthy and safe

Arrowhead1951