• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben The GK1 is more accurate than I thought

My comments were neither rude nor incorrect.
A lot of people would say otherwise.

You basically implied the OP could not shoot and was a fool. While there may be some truth in your statements (aside from implying both of what I just mentioned), there would have been far better ways to word your statements. Testing on a bench or rest is the best way to do exectly that. TEST. After that you test how you actually intend to utilize the gun and make adjustments from there. Anyone that shoots pistols should know the difficulties and proclivities of it.

Reactions: markhooper
This gun is far more accurate than any shooter can shoot it. Most pistol owners cannot shoot a pistol worth a damn. It is a difficult skill to master. This is why you see scopes and special chassis to assist those folks that can't shoot a pistol. Lastly using special rests and tripods to test is also a fools errand because with a pistol the gun will be in motion when shot much more so than with a rifle. If a laser is fired down the barrel center the laser will shine on the target significantly lower than the POI. So true accuracy is far more dependent on the consistency of the shooter's grip, steadiness and trigger action. The real difference between a good pistol and a bad pistol is the belief that their misses are caused by the shooter not the gun.
As a former professional competitor and an NRA pistol instructor for 20+ years, I disagree.

Pistol shooting is a learned skill.

Some learn better than others, but based on effort, most can become very safe and proficient.

I love teaching a mixed boy/girl class. ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS most of the girls will be a new shooters and one of them will be the best shot in the class.

Last year I had a new shooter out shoot me with my own revolver on a bullseye course, with my own comp revolver. Girl was a natural.

Several cats? They are fully automated and come pre-equiped with night vision.
You’d have to ask the chickens but in any case, I made the mistake of getting two of the world’s laziest cats. They never leave the house and refuse to eat anything except dried food. If only I had tested them thoroughly before taking them on…

Your comment is rude and not very humorous. In point of fact my comment made no mention of my personal ability. I am 79 years young and have shot in pistol competitions internationally for many, many years. In addition, I have done several armorer's courses in several gun manufacturers and shot along side of many police departments and militaries world-wide My comments were based on my personal experiences over all those years. It is my experience watching so many professional people that carry handguns for a profession that leads me to the conclusion I stated. and it is scary true.

My point is very simple, for folks that carry professionally the only sight system that makes sense is open sights. Those folks need to able to draw, acquire their target and shoot within seconds and hit their target. Most cannot because they simply do not shoot and practice enough. Even if at one point that skill might have been available, without continuous training, it goes away rapidly. Pistol proficiency is very perishable..

Now, if you are shooting for fun, you can accessorize anyway you want, but it will not make you a proficient pistol shooter. If you require MOA accuracy, a pistol is the wrong tool, get a rifle.
I have a notos and I'm about ready to shorten it from 22" to at least 16" unless I can get it down closer to 12".. 12" is a big gun for holster.. I can't imagine having a scope on it..
but for testing it's accuracy I can't imagine having a better setup than a scope and vise..
that said it would not be the way I would prefer to shoot a pistol.
I got into a disagreement with my instructor for concield carry license because first firing was 3 fast shots and she said that I only hit the target once.. so her helper went the 10 meters down and retrieved the target.. it was barely a triangle.. but it was a target gun that took more squirrels than my rifle.. but I had shot probably around 10 tins each year for years.. to get to the point of being able to shoot empty 22 brass off the fence rail at 10 meters with a Beman P1..
also yes if you have to stack pellets at 50 yards then I get out the rifle.. I never put the stock on my notos, just pistol grip and open sights.. I see no use for me having a pistol length rifle with 28 shots when I can just get the rifle and get 60-80.
Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
You would think this tripod holds it solid but the ball head does not lock up solid no matter how hard you tighten it. It is far better than me trying to shoot offhand but it’s not as solid as a shooting vise. If not held firmly the gun will flip up.

The pistol itself has a slim profile so the gauge sticking out doesn’t make it cumbersome. I don’t even notice it when holstered.
how does the gun hold up over time? since it's basically a shortened k1 I'm sure someone will be able to say how they hold up and maintenance issues..
thank you
Mark

You’d have to ask the chickens but in any case, I made the mistake of getting two of the world’s laziest cats. They never leave the house and refuse to eat anything except dried food. If only I had tested them thoroughly before taking them on…
just cut down on their food.. we have 3 outdoor cats and if fed too much they go on hunting strike.. but just a little bit less food and they are getting the mice and even moles.. but for anyone concerned about the cats, they are fat, long haired and have a nice warm bed.
Mark

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
how does the gun hold up over time? since it's basically a shortened k1 I'm sure someone will be able to say how they hold up and maintenance issues..
thank you
Mark
I’ve had it about 4 months with over 1500 pellets shot. The only issue was when I first got the pistol it would occasionally shoot two pellets at once. After adjusting the second stage it stopped double shooting and has worked flawlessly.

just cut down on their food.. we have 3 outdoor cats and if fed too much they go on hunting strike.. but just a little bit less food and they are getting the mice and even moles.. but for anyone concerned about the cats, they are fat, long haired and have a nice warm bed.
Mark
That’s what I said to Mrs Weevil. Turned out to be an expensive mistake. A week after one of them stopped eating simply because we switched to just a different flavor of dry food, we had to visit the vet for treatment of kidney failure. They can be very stubborn. For hunting, these are just not the cats you’re looking for. But moreover, why do you guys want me to supplant my entertainment with cats???? 🤯

That’s what I said to Mrs Weevil. Turned out to be an expensive mistake. A week after one of them stopped eating simply because we switched to just a different flavor of dry food, we had to visit the vet for treatment of kidney failure. They can be very stubborn. For hunting, these are just not the cats you’re looking for. But moreover, why do you guys want me to supplant my entertainment with cats???? 🤯
Exactly, cats are competition. Nothing worse than having to share your backyard hunting land with an experienced hunting cat. :)

• Haha
I’ve had it about 4 months with over 1500 pellets shot. The only issue was when I first got the pistol it would occasionally shoot two pellets at once. After adjusting the second stage it stopped double shooting and has worked flawlessly.
how is it possible to shoot two pellets at once? does it double load or does it like burp two out sorta like full auto?
I've looked at it taken down in pictures and looked at parts diagram and it looks pretty complicated with the balance valve.. just wondering how all those extra pieces hold out.. seems like a lot more moving parts and seals..
do you have any extra maintenance to do over the other PCP's?
so I am wondering how wide is it if you like lay it on the table, not sure from pictures of the magazine is the widest point or the pressure gauge?
so do you have a picture of it in a holster?
I really think that a scope and tripod is a good way to see the actual accuracy of the gun.. but myself being a pistol would just use open sights.. my Ruger target Mk 2 has taken more squirrels than any of my rifles.. haven't shot it in probably 5 years.. guess it's probably due for a dusting off.. I shoot pistol.. don't matter what, I prefer air gun average 30 yards.. sometimes push it to 50.. and rifle rarely less than 30 normally 50-100 yards but I hope to get a range set up in a clear canyon on the back half from 100+ yards..
oh you know everyone talks about guns being pellet picky? well I really prefer air gun especially with less noise but I also enjoy cowboy guns and I haven't seen much difference in ammo.. myself so far until now..other than cheap ones.. but my neighbor got me turned on to some colobri ammo.. it's 22 fired with just primer, like some of the old gallery guns.. I forgot what they were actually called but I almost bought a few maybe 30 years ago..used pellets and a little acorn blank..I just remembered flobart guns..and the lead is small like a pellet.. well it's nice in my little bearcats but I have seen actually for the first time the difference in the lead.. it must be cheaply made because some don't chamber good and those are always fliers..
Mark

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣 our cats are very picky on food.. moew mix or forget it.. and we tried another brand during the pandemic because they didn't have more mix and fortunately we were able to get more mix the next week.. otherwise we would have needed new cats.. but the dog was very to eat the rest of the cat food 🤣🤣
no it's good you can enjoy shooting them.. I'm assuming that you use a thermal scope?
only shooting at night I've done was over 30 years ago I'd use the plastic top off spray paint cans and put a little bit of gas in them.. only during the winter and preferably with snow on the ground for additional light reflecting.. then light them up and get back around 50-80 yards and plink away with my rws Diana 48.. fun times..
Mark

As a former professional competitor and an NRA pistol instructor for 20+ years, I disagree.

Pistol shooting is a learned skill.

Some learn better than others, but based on effort, most can become very safe and proficient.

I love teaching a mixed boy/girl class. ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS most of the girls will be a new shooters and one of them will be the best shot in the class.

Last year I had a new shooter out shoot me with my own revolver on a bullseye course, with my own comp revolver. Girl was a natural.
Jim,
Your experience is simply not mine. Yes, with practice and correct instruction many pistol owners could be proficient, but even if they did achieve proficiency, without continuous practice that proficiency is quickly lost and that's the rub. Most pistol owners do NOT practice anywhere near enough. Cost in both time and money is the biggest reason for this issue. However, whatever the reason, the result is unfortunately the same. Most handgun owners are not proficient. I will be honest, I shoot PCP exactly because that level of practice is affordable.

I'm not a competition shooter or anything - did a few PPC competitions years ago - now I just plink in my back yard.
That said, this pistol is crazy accurate. I have 1" spinners at 50 yards that I can hit with alarming regularity for just a red dot and a pistol sitting on a bag. When had a scope on it, I could even get some touching shots at 50 yards on most groups on paper.

I wouldn't be surprised to see MOA groups at 50 yards from this gun shooting from a vise!

🤣🤣🤣 our cats are very picky on food.. moew mix or forget it.. and we tried another brand during the pandemic because they didn't have more mix and fortunately we were able to get more mix the next week.. otherwise we would have needed new cats.. but the dog was very to eat the rest of the cat food 🤣🤣
no it's good you can enjoy shooting them.. I'm assuming that you use a thermal scope?
only shooting at night I've done was over 30 years ago I'd use the plastic top off spray paint cans and put a little bit of gas in them.. only during the winter and preferably with snow on the ground for additional light reflecting.. then light them up and get back around 50-80 yards and plink away with my rws Diana 48.. fun times..
Mark
Yes, a $3.5k 640 AGM Rattler mounted on a GK1 🤓

IMG_0639.jpeg

I’m sure that would be considered madness by the pistolero purists, but it is a tool that works very well for my ratting which takes place in an array of confined spaces. The viewing screen is useable up to 8 inches of eye relief and the FFP allows me to shoot from 5-100 yards. Metal objects show up as ice cold on thermal so you can plink silhouettes at nights for fun.

Holosun has some mini combination reflex NV/thermal sights coming out that I am keen to try:

Yes, a $3.5k 640 AGM Rattler mounted on a GK1 🤓

View attachment 412536

I’m sure that would be considered madness by the pistolero purists, but it is a tool that works very well for my ratting which takes place in an array of confined spaces. The viewing screen is useable up to 8 inches of eye relief and the FFP allows me to shoot from 5-100 yards. Metal objects show up as ice cold on thermal so you can plink silhouettes at nights for fun.

Holosun has some mini combination reflex NV/thermal sights coming out that I am keen to try:

Those new Holosun DRH-TH units are sweet. The way they configured them as a real time projector onto glass is going to be a game changer to scope's too (once it gets incorporated to them). Imagine that technology married with the prismatic scope... no more staring at a TV screen to see thermal and a wide field of view too.

how is it possible to shoot two pellets at once? does it double load or does it like burp two out sorta like full auto?
I've looked at it taken down in pictures and looked at parts diagram and it looks pretty complicated with the balance valve.. just wondering how all those extra pieces hold out.. seems like a lot more moving parts and seals..
do you have any extra maintenance to do over the other PCP's?
so I am wondering how wide is it if you like lay it on the table, not sure from pictures of the magazine is the widest point or the pressure gauge?
so do you have a picture of it in a holster?
I really think that a scope and tripod is a good way to see the actual accuracy of the gun.. but myself being a pistol would just use open sights.. my Ruger target Mk 2 has taken more squirrels than any of my rifles.. haven't shot it in probably 5 years.. guess it's probably due for a dusting off.. I shoot pistol.. don't matter what, I prefer air gun average 30 yards.. sometimes push it to 50.. and rifle rarely less than 30 normally 50-100 yards but I hope to get a range set up in a clear canyon on the back half from 100+ yards..
oh you know everyone talks about guns being pellet picky? well I really prefer air gun especially with less noise but I also enjoy cowboy guns and I haven't seen much difference in ammo.. myself so far until now..other than cheap ones.. but my neighbor got me turned on to some colobri ammo.. it's 22 fired with just primer, like some of the old gallery guns.. I forgot what they were actually called but I almost bought a few maybe 30 years ago..used pellets and a little acorn blank..I just remembered flobart guns..and the lead is small like a pellet.. well it's nice in my little bearcats but I have seen actually for the first time the difference in the lead.. it must be cheaply made because some don't chamber good and those are always fliers..
Mark
It spits out 2 pellets one at a time but it happens so fast it almost sounds like one pellet being shot. With light enough (second stage) spring tension it can disable semi auto and enable full auto.

No extra maintenance required for this pistol. While it seems a bit more complicated than a traditional pcp, once you break one down you realize how easy they are to work on.

It spits out 2 pellets one at a time but it happens so fast it almost sounds like one pellet being shot. With light enough (second stage) spring tension it can disable semi auto and enable full auto.

No extra maintenance required for this pistol. While it seems a bit more complicated than a traditional pcp, once you break one down you realize how easy they are to work on.
I guess the full auto switch on the Western Airguns Sidewinder works that way?