Huben The GK1 has ruined me...

I was playing around this weekend and did some thinking...when is the last time I shot an airgun not a GK1.

It's been a bit...I looked at the Panthera a couple weeks ago. De-cased it and wiped it down...thought about shooting it...grabbed a GK1 instead...manically laughed as I emptied a whole magazine into a piece of steel at 50y. Yesterday, wanted to shoot the kyl I have at 35y...grabbed a GK1 that I threw an immersive optics on instead and had way too much fun. Then since the sun was hitting the kyl, pulled out the thermal GK1 and plinked away.

Yeah...this air 'pistol' has ruined other airguns for me...

I know I'm not the only person this PCP has ruined 😁

1000012768.jpg

I was playing around this weekend and did some thinking...when is the last time I shot an airgun not a GK1.

It's been a bit...I looked at the Panthera a couple weeks ago. De-cased it and wiped it down...thought about shooting it...grabbed a GK1 instead...manically laughed as I emptied a whole magazine into a piece of steel at 50y. Yesterday, wanted to shoot the kyl I have at 35y...grabbed a GK1 that I threw an immersive optics on instead and had way too much fun. Then since the sun was hitting the kyl, pulled out the thermal GK1 and plinked away.

View attachment 444617
I'm in the wrong profession, what do you do to afford all these at once? 😂

I'm in the wrong profession, what do you do to afford all these at once? 😂
Aha, well, I incrementally have acquired them. I've also now sold all my FX Impacts (another point on how the GK1 has ruined me). I have a lot of members on this forum to also thank for supporting my side hobby/business! (Seriously, thank you!)

Instead of owning multiple airguns...I'm turning into an owner of multiple GK1's. Considering doing a K1 slugger now as well...may have to let a big bore go to make that one happen without getting in trouble with the wife...... 😁

I've been through the same (with a different gun*). It's amazing how finding "the one true gun**" really focuses you on what you want. It also saves bundles of money - I'm a lot slower to buy the "next big thing" now that I have something that is pretty much what I want. For instance, I really like the sound of the GK1, and my first instinct was to order one (before they were actually shipping), but I held off, because I'm pretty darn happy with my "one true gun", so now it's more like an experiment than a continuing quest for something great.

I'm sure I'll own a GK1 someday, but having my "one true gun" has made me much more patient than I used to be.

GsT

* I originally wrote this mentioning the name of my preferred gun, but it kind of sounded like I was trying to tout that gun, which was not my point, so I re-wrote it.

** well, in reality I have a couple others that I can't let go for various reasons, but I probably have a half-dozen that need to find new homes...

View attachment 444617

IMG_0235.png

Estuve jugando este fin de semana y pensé un poco... ¿cuándo fue la última vez que disparé una pistola de aire comprimido que no fuera una GK1?

Ha sido un poco... Miré el Panthera hace un par de semanas. Le quité la carcasa y lo limpié... pensé en dispararle... en su lugar, agarré un GK1... me reí como un loco mientras vaciaba un cargador entero en un trozo de acero a 50y. Ayer, quería fotografiar el kyl que tengo a los 35 años... tomé una GK1 a la que le puse una óptica inmersiva y me divertí muchísimo. Luego, como el sol estaba golpeando el kyl, sacó el GK1 térmico y se alejó.

Sí... esta 'pistola' de aire comprimido me ha arruinado otras armas de aire comprimido...

Sé que no soy la única persona que este PCP ha arruinado😁

View attachment 444617
tranquilo, a mí me ha pasado lo mismo, desde que probé la GK1 22 supe que era lo que había querido siempre y no encontraba, yo ya he venido las demás salvo un Edgun leshy2 Behemont que me encanta y muy precisa con el Alfa precisión, ahora esperando mi segundo GK1 v3 en cal 25.
Saludos.

Aha, well, I incrementally have acquired them. I've also now sold all my FX Impacts (another point on how the GK1 has ruined me). I have a lot of members on this forum to also thank for supporting my side hobby/business! (Seriously, thank you!)

Instead of owning multiple airguns...I'm turning into an owner of multiple GK1's. Considering doing a K1 slugger now as well...may have to let a big bore go to make that one happen without getting in trouble with the wife...... 😁
Sweet! I've been doing a fair deal of trading here as well but I'm not there yet 😂

What I find utmost strange, is how the Huben K1 has been out for 6+ years, and was super niche. While I still believe the gk1 is niche, its gaining much more traction than its older sibling the K1.

A) Is it due to the price, being more inexpensive?

B) Is it due to its form factor, being a pistol?

C) Is it due to a hype train?

D) Is it due to all the above?

:unsure:

Either way, while this tech is nothing new, I am glad members are finding new found joy with it.

-Matt

@Matt , My Answer. Rifle-like capabilities in an accurate, affordable, reliable semi-auto handgun package that is optic-ready and supported by accessories that came to the market at lightning speed.
Agree.

I've tried many pcp pistols and no one has gotten it this 'right' before. Capable of high power, doesn't feel like a toy, and is consistently accurate. There's been some good pistols, don't get me wrong, but they weren't semi, which is the cherry on top.

*I have a feeling that the GK1 may turn some more people on to the K1 as well. Myself included. Some of the quirks of the K1 I think scared folks off, and there are other semi auto higher power rifles in the market. Now that tons of folks jumped on the GK1 hype train, those little nuances of the K1 don't seem as bad. I want to acquire a K1 as I'd like to take a stab at a chassis for it--like the acz dream pup chassis

Last edited:
@Matt , My Answer. Rifle-like capabilities in an accurate, affordable, reliable semi-auto handgun package that is optic-ready and supported by accessories that came to the market at lightning speed.

I am certainly going to get one some day, although I am letting them work out kinks and waiting for a refresh, they're already up to v3 for the gk1, so there will be more 2024/2025 versions just as they did with the K1's. I also really like the shorty that Krazy Kool has developed, as I think you still net enough performance out of the shortened version and it's more 'pistol' like, truly the first pcp pistol that really has a proper form factor to be called such.

-Matt

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
The GK1 is gaining much more traction than its older sibling the K1.
A) Is it due to the price, being more inexpensive?
B) Is it due to its form factor, being a pistol?
C) Is it due to a hype train?
D) Is it due to all the above?
:unsure:

-Matt

I'd add:

E) The GK1 looks really really good.

➠ Whereas the Huben K1 has two ugly spots I just can't get over (for the price tag is has):

▪ The unsightly barrel band (like a cheapo PCP).

▪ The uneven cheek rest that appears misinstalled as it not quite parallel to the barrel.

Since the GK1 receives so many updates, in such a short time — maybe the K1 could use an update, too, at least an aesthetic update.... 😉

(And while you're at it, how about using the space the long barrel affords — in order to make the air tube longer for more shots?
And how about offering .30cal and .35cal to make use of so much power...?)

Matthias 👍🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: sb327 and M0ist0ne

I know I'm not the only person this PCP has ruined😁

View attachment 444617

Hey, how did you get the Buck-rail AR grip adapter already? It hasn't been released yet has it? Excellent looking rigs! Off course you now need to pick up one of Kelly's shorties, lol. I guarantee you'll love it, ask Manny. Then when you look at all your GK1's, you'll be wrangling with which GK1 to shoot - do I grab the shorty, er uh...?

What do you think of @sb327 (Dave 's) GK1 customizations below? Who needs a K1 with that rig, eh! And talk about being ruined, I wish I never saw this. I'm now am on a life & death quest to have one made like this, being that I don't have a machine shop nor the skills. I already approached him to see if this is a mod he intends to make more of. Unfortunately, it's just a "One off" for him, and understandably so. So, I'll put it out there, if anyone can replicate Dave's mod below, please message me, I'll trade whatever I have in my airtillery inventory (excluding my GK1's of course, lol) or $$ to make it happen. Please anyone, any takers? Help, my survival of my ruined life depends on it, lol! Thanks a lot Gregor!!!

SB327 - Dave's GK1 mod.jpg

But imagine it 10cm/4" longer! It would be even more rifle-like in a still very small package.
Yup, that's why sometime ago I had a poll asking if you would buy a 15" barrel Huben Carbine unregulated,.........That and a Huben Pistol shorty would be all I need want.

Hey, how did you get the Buck-rail AR grip adapter already? It hasn't been released yet has it? Excellent looking rigs! Off course you now need to pick up one of Kelly's shorties, lol. I guarantee you'll love it, ask Manny. Then when you look at all your GK1's, you'll be wrangling with which GK1 to shoot - do I grab the shorty, er uh...?

What do you think of @sb327 (Dave 's) GK1 customizations below? Who needs a K1 with that rig, eh! And talk about being ruined, I wish I never saw this. I'm now am on a life & death quest to have one made like this, being that I don't have a machine shop nor the skills. I already approached him to see if this is a mod he intends to make more of. Unfortunately, it's just a "One off" for him, and understandably so. So, I'll put it out there, if anyone can replicate Dave's mod below, please message me, I'll trade whatever I have in my airtillery inventory (excluding my GK1's of course, lol) or $$ to make it happen. Please anyone, any takers? Help, my survival of my ruined life depends on it, lol! Thanks a lot Gregor!!!

View attachment 445003
Terry/buckrail and I chit chat. We did a little product swap so I was more than happy to 'test' his new adapter! 😁 And yeah...I want a shorty too.......

I definitely saw that mod, looks pretty awesome. Made me wish I had CNC equipment...wife would change the locks on me if I went down that path. While not a GK1, I have always wanted a tactical chassis like the ACZ dream pup one to be available for the K1.