the future of airguns!

well for sure the future of airguns will depend on something new. and i am blind so it will have to be someone else that makes it but here is an idea worth all kinds of treasure.

start with the best pellets the ones we like and are cheap and ones for particular situations.
build a reciever and barrel that will caress those pellets and slugs not grind groves into them cause that is wasting the energy of a propelled object.
now create a powerplant that ghas a good plenun and regulator but a tank just twice the size of the plenum. now conceive and build a compressor that is small enough and light enough to fit into the airguns stock and run off a lithium battery and runs quiet (relatively) filling the small tank to the sweet spot and keeping it there by running between shots.
so it will have to run fast enough to replace air pressure and shoot semi auto . now make a better integral suppession system bigger shrowd loose the current baffles and replace them with small rubber objects that will allow air flow at pressure from inside the barrel but will take advantage of gravity and settle and not allow the same air to return or stay in that barrel, small holes in barrel to send pressure into shrowd and offset small holes in shrowd to release pressure after it passes the rubber baffles.
do not make those rubber baffles too tight.
now guess what, make sure you can adjust the reg and hammer spring and trigger. and for goodness sake put sling mounts on it and make the reciever work from top while making the magazine insert from the bottom so if there is ever an issue you can solve it from more than one direction.
lastly since its already using electricity to run the nano compressor put all that new digital computing software in there to make it easy.

and make that platform able to interchange recievers and barrels for different calibers.

the company that builds this airgun would be at the top of the airgun world. and they could charge just about whatever for that air gun.

now onto pistols...
make a air pistol that is pistol sized and can producr a decent amount of energy with a short barrel. just make it able to shoot 20 rounds. give it either a replaceable air tank or a nano compressor and now refill issues go away.
what kinds of ideas do you have to make this better?

do you know airgun manufacturers , tell them about this thread and to read it.
the ammo our pellets and slugs are the key. build the gun around the pellets and slugs and we can even take over and replace firearms and have an airgun nation for realz...

the stuff of dreams
well i am really good at making reality do what i wish. 30 years ago you would not have thought we would have what we have today you would say that all this cool stuff is crazy. dreams ya know.
but ive been putting intent into all of this for decades.

i do not care who makes it happen so i am here putting it into the minds of all men and women to bring this into reality.
it would be appreciated if you put your intent in alignment with this idea and we can all see and know that reality will change and conform to the intent. so share this thread and thanks i know for sure even people in kentucky want to shoot like angelina jolee in the movie WANTED. and all us air gunners want a airgun that is modular upgradable and has its own built in nano-compressor. just me typing it into existence is enough. my intent and the intent of all those who read and think on this thread will add up and cause it to become.
tell ya what pick up a slingshot. and an acorn knock off the acorn cap and put it into the sling. aim at a tree within 30ft.
let fly and you will see something awesome , that acorn wont fly exactly straight.
but if you are good, really good, you can make that acorn hit a squirel on the back side of a tree .
if that acorn did not go behind the tree move a foot forward or back and repeat the shot. you will learn this trick shot in 4 attempts or less.

so , my friends anything is possible, did you not know this.
smiles you will know many things before the sun falls behind the horizon for the last time. enjoy the experience and try not to doubt the amazing.
doubt is the opposite of faith. and both can affect reality. time and unforseen occurence ,perception and viewing things outside the box can and will cause you to find yourself in places and situations you never imagined.
so i am puttting forth this whole idea because i have the balls to. but being blind this last decade i cannot pull out my lathe and create it myself. there is enough of a roadmap for intelligent people to follow, and there is enough technology to begin the process.
miniturizing a compressor is not difficult, there was just not any reason for it to be done till i typed /spoke that reason into existence.
it cannot be unspoken so being there is nothing new under the sun it will be made so, just a matter of time.
thank you for listening thinking on it, the moments are gathered and appreciated, the intent is noted and we are all a part of making reality what it is. spoken and typed by: Michael Owens

I might be wrong, but you are talking about a gun that would be both huge and very heavy,......again I might be wrong and it would not be the first time :)
smiles, what i experience in todays world in airguns what is the smallest part in your airgun. cant even that part be made smaller, with different materials, and the cost would be only subject to the realization that it needs to be done.
are you as an airgunner tired of being labled second class to firearms, just making barrels that can shoot the slugs firearms do would be such an advancement for airguns it is a neccesity. carress the slug instead of smashing it into deep rifling and losing that energy instead of making a barrel the correct diameter to caress that slug as it spins tward targget would double airgun velocities putting us at the same speed as firearms. but without the gunpowder.
my mom has a compressor in her trunk that is so small it takes up less that 4cubic inches, it goes to 250psi, add a one way valve and a regulator and you got something smaller than even i have seen and it can slowly air up a tank. someone knows how to make these things let those who can come forth and become famous creating such things as what is in my dreams. thank you again. its not too heavy, you just have not found something big enough to shoot it at...

I just said the "stuff of dreams " not that is is impossible . Dreams are what most things start as . All of air gun shooters could have the dream of being THE OLDEST shooter on the Olympic team , just might happen , WE already have the guns. ( and the age )ohi figured you would let me know that your reply was positive not negative, and thank you, all i am asking is to think about the idea, share it with people who can move and shake. share this thread and the intent increases and the reality will come faster. i have a barrel and a slug i drop that slug into the barrel and the fit is such that i can hear the slug slide along the rifling and the sound is the caress a slug needs.
the idea is that simple why do i pick up my benjamin .25cal and take a 1/4 rod that is cnc milled to exactly .2500 and that rod will not fit down that barrel.
it is not that the pellets are too big,excuse me slugs.
it is that that barrels rifling comes into the space of the diameter of the slug too much. .003 is all the rifling needs to get good traction on the slug. but that slug is comming out with .015 -.02 grooves in it. that is such a loss of energy it litterally got me angry when i found out. and why cant we have actual .257 barrels . why not actual .227 barrels on our 22s. didnt you take a 22lr and pop off the slug and try it in that benjamin sheridan when you were a kid.
well i did, and thats when this all started. who is the sour lemon suckin m,f,er that said we cant have airguns with barrels that shoot those firearm slugs?
its some rube who is scared they wont make as much money on those firearms thats who.
so now that i know you are on board with the idea/dream let us all increase the intent of that idea every day

i thought me reply was positive ?
it was and thank you .
please dont steal my beer, if ya do , when ya get puky and ask for a rag to wipe your face ,,, see if the comment was negative id give ya the rag i wipe my great dane with but since its positive you get the freshly washed puke rag the last guy who stole my beer used.

smiles i liked your comment, and the interaction will always help the thread , hence help the idea so its all good.

it was and thank you .
please dont steal my beer, if ya do , when ya get puky and ask for a rag to wipe your face ,,, see if the comment was negative id give ya the rag i wipe my great dane with but since its positive you get the freshly washed puke rag the last guy who stole my beer used.

smiles i liked your comment, and the interaction will always help the thread , hence help the idea so its all good.
my appologies i got a bit high earlier and my remarks were in my opinion, out of line and off topic. (slides slug down the barrel)

Standardized bore / groove diameters would be great for .22 cal 🙃
it would be great for all calibers to have that.
cant figure why airguns have to use .217 instead of .227 or better yet just make a .22 at .2202and have a .220 barrel but that would be too simple.
and whuy can i not get .356cal lead bullet reloads in 180grain and as a ribbed sabbot with 4 .356cal plates between the front and back of the sabbot slug. that would end all arguments wouldnt it?

This has already grown boring. I will leave you to your bong enjoy yourself.
🤪
well when the right person reads the thread it will be made. when anyone has ideas that can make it better and they put those down here the idea progresses.
and any time you have interesting things to type you are welcome .
it is kinda boring stopping everything i am upto to come , when someomestops by to poke the idea.
improve it share it , goodness tell me who to talk to and where they sleep to make this a reality faster.
i have been thinking and putting intent into a better more perfect airgun for decades.
today i have what i was dreaming about as a kid, the AEA CHALLENGER .357 STANDARD BIG BORE , (wish it still had the bolt though) with side leaver.

Moderator edit: Explosives and other homemade destruction device discussions are not allowed on Airgun Nation.

Last edited by a moderator:
this morning i called and spoke to the movers and shakers at barrys bullets, took them online and showed them the specs page on my challenger and explained that it is not a true .357and that is why i am buying .356 bullets and they will never be pressed into a casing as airguns dont need casings.
went on to explain how our calibers are different from .217 for 22 instead of .227, and .251 for 25 instead of .257, and .3o3and so on. they thanked me after i gave them common lengths of the slugs our airguns use.

then i went on to call wideners and graf and sons and did the same, ask them to consider making bullets for the calibers our airguns use.
i have already been telling airgun shops about reloading lead.
today i get in my 200grain .356 templars and my 69grain .254 critter gitters#2 so i will be testing slugs today. share the idea, even small amounts of sharing this idea brings it forth faster and thank you.