The future of Air Arms springers?

First springer , junk yard find Winchester 800 , did ok but hard to shoot broken spring . bought a Gauntlet 1 and a hand pump heavy but accurate. Next Daystate pulsar , then a HW97K tuned by Tony last was a garage oldie HW35
I shoot the HW's way more than the pcp as a matter of fact im going out after coffee with the 97

p.s. guess i better save for a TX200 lefty b4 i can't
My 97 is an absolute laser. The very first group I ever shot with it was a 20 yard group and it was a one hole 5 shot group. I was addicted on the spot..

Not sure what wall you're looking at, but if the "writing" truly was, air gun makers the world over would have already stopped making anything to do with springers and gas rammed guns years ago and focused solely on PCP's...lol.
Well. well yes springers will still sell for a long time but all the effort now is focused on developing PCPs....at a breakneck speed I might ad ;) .......springers will always be there but there is no appetite to spend R&D money on them, they will just coast with what they have and as we can see probably slowly fase out certain models.

So yes the writing IS on the wall ;)

Springers/NP guns, in general, are not going away. There are too many people who love and appreciate them and CAN shoot them well.

I am not one of those who can consistently shoot them accurately, but there are many who can and some who actually prove it with videos, etc.

Just because one company stops making or discontinues making a product does not mean the demise of that category of products.

It simply means, in most cases, that their profit level isn't high enough to justify continuing to make/market/sell said model.

i.e. Sales don't justify continuing to make the item.

That is simply good business if you want to make money/profit.

Reactions: pdxFrank
There are times when a better product comes along and displaces an old one. Often the old one completely disappears into the annals of history, but sometimes a strange thing happens… the old product gains a cult following which leads to renewed interest and starts a new era of innovation.

There is no guarantee that this will happen with springers but we have seen it in the watch world. Mechanical watches were displaced by quartz and then mechanical watches made a come back. They were never as huge a part of the market again but the level of design and innovation that has taken place in the mechanical segment has been astounding. Let’s hope the same dynamics can play out in the airgun world.

PS. We could tell the same story about bicycles…

-Marty

Last edited:
Springers/NP guns, in general, are not going away. There are too many people who love and appreciate them and CAN shoot them well.

I am not one of those who can consistently shoot them accurately, but there are many who can and some who actually prove it with videos, etc.

Just because one company stops making or discontinues making a product does not mean the demise of that category of products.

It simply means, in most cases, that their profit level isn't high enough to justify continuing to make/market/sell said model.

i.e. Sales don't justify continuing to make the item.

That is simply good business if you want to make money/profit.
Agree on all points,

Springer will never go away, I also love springers with all the limitations they come with.

And yes the market don't justify continiung certain models nor investing serious money in R&D.

Reactions: BackStop