The Extreme Booster Pump

That's why a High flow cfm shop compressor with decent size tank is recommended on the low pressure side.

are you saying that my 80 gal 175psi shop compressor with an air dryer /filter would work ? TIA

I have a similar shop compressor and it would be awesome if I could use it but as you know, this type of shop compressor moves alot of water with that air. I just haven't gotten around moving my desiccant filters from my shoebox. Since I got my MCH-6, this plan was scratched. 

I think setup would be perfect if you were doing chrony work on your guns. This alone is tempting me to move my filters

I had put together a Haskel booster with the options to use both shop compressor or scuba tank with regulator as the driving air for the booster since the booster’s input drive air has a maximum of 150 psi. The regulator also serves another purpose as when the booster hit its static (stall) pressure. This version of the Haskel booster has a ratio of 30:1 which means when my driven air to the booster is 150psi the output is 30x150 or 4500 psi. My plumbing on this setup has multiple valves for me to select which air source to drive the booster. 
0FF70AB2-B4C4-4706-A003-3760125EEE33.1607107667.jpeg

080CD888-2B57-403A-93D5-7C730B6066AB.1607107725.jpeg

here is short video of the booster in action when it is driven by the scuba tank to boost air into the CF tank to top it up. 

https://youtu.be/5ly0-vSAgl4

I have an Altaros booster and uses it mainly like this:

Run from a shop compressor with sufficient drying i top up a 3000psi diving bottle.

That is done on downtime and can run by itself.

Then i run it with a regulator to the HP piston at 1500psi from the SCUBA bottle and then run the booster with the shop compressor.

Nice and fast filling of my 9liter 300bar~4500psi CF bottle. I do not see why the HP part cant be run on N2 or good bottle air and the boosting part from another tank regulated down to 150psi.

That way you have isolated the good quality "gun" air/N2 from the "wasted" driving air.