• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Evanix The Evanix Viper .30 caliber PCP Pistol is Here!

When a 30 cal is half the power of a .22 from Huben, there is no point in even making it. It's a pure waste of money to buy the pellets/slugs for such low power.
True, they should use the extra money for drug testing. Because whoever thought of it must be on drugs. Would you by a 1.6L front wheel drive Corvette?

What's the point of a 30 cal airgun in this case? The ammo is more expensive, yet you're getting half the footpounds of a .22 GK1, let alone the .25.

Simply upping the caliber means jack all if it's still considerably weaker than your competitor. It doesn't necessarily have to surpass the GK1's power. But at least something close to it. If the Viper was half the price of the GK1 it wouldn't be much of an issue, and it would actually be a decent alternative. But it's basically in the same price range (at least in Europe it is).

Last edited:
What's the point of a 30 cal airgun in this case? The ammo is more expensive, yet you're getting half the footpounds of a .22 GK1, let alone the .25.

Simply upping the caliber means jack all if it's still considerably weaker than your competitor. It doesn't necessarily have to surpass the GK1's power. But at least something close to it. If the Viper was half the price of the GK1 it wouldn't be much of an issue, and it would actually be a decent alternative. But it's basically in the same price range (at least in Europe it is).
You so right, ......and this come from the biggest Evanix fan.

Reactions: DonEnzone
End of the day this thread isn't even about the weak, useless Viper .30

It's all about promoting the You tube channel,...just look at the video.
Which is fine..Great channel IMO.Good information delivered with a sense of humor.I enjoy his videos

I had a thread only couple weeks ago mentioning that it's time for Huben to make a .30, they have a superior platform and system that would accommodate it very well both in rifle and pistol form,......none of this week Azz stuff with big calibers and no juice behind it :ROFLMAO: .........that's just for wannabe posers :ROFLMAO:
I guess it's a cost thing for Huben. I think that a .30 requires a whole new breech design (magazine has a different inner and outer diameter than the .22/.25).

So they could do it, but it will be expensive, and maybe pointless for them profit wise. Else they would have done it already.

I guess it's a cost thing for Huben. I think that a .30 requires a whole new breech design (magazine has a different inner and outer diameter than the .22/.25).

So they could do it, but it will be expensive, and maybe pointless for them profit wise. Else they would have done it already.
Possibly.

But I guess if they spend the money to develop a .30 they would make that money back quickly, they have a banging proven system to work with.

Possibly.

But I guess if they spend the money to develop a .30 they would make that money back quickly.
At the cost of .25 sales.
If it would be good for their business, they would have done it already years ago.

Don't get me wrong, i can't wait for a .30 (G)K1, i'm just trying to think why they haven't done it yet.

Reactions: Airgun561
You so right, ......and this come from the biggest Evanix fan.
Same here. I am not biased towards Evanix. I have the Viper in .25 cal, and I think it's a fun pistol to shoot. It was definitely the first step towards a proper semi-auto PCP pistol. Up until that point the Hatsan Sortie was the only other option, and I would barely call that a pistol to begin with.

Unfortunately for Evanix, Huben shot straight for the stars with the GK1 shortly after. Given how slow the airgun market moves, I don't really see anything surpassing it in the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nutcracker
Worth noting that Western produces the Sidewinder in 30, which is essentially the same mechanics as Huben. I have no idea if there’s actually a relationship between those companies but if there is, perhaps it precludes Huben from doing a 30?
Same here. I am not biased towards Evanix. I have the Viper in .25 cal, and I think it's a fun pistol to shoot. It was definitely the first step towards a proper semi-auto PCP pistol. Up until that point the Hatsan Sortie was the only other option, and I would barely call that a pistol to begin with.

Unfortunately for Evanix, Huben shot straight for the stars with the GK1 shortly after. Given how slow the airgun market moves, I don't really see anything surpassing it in the next couple of years.
At 350b fill capability and having an 8in barrel with the capability to put out a shot at 80+fpe, the GK1 operates at the limit of airgun physics. I don’t see how anything will surpass it without increasing size or running on Helium. However, what’s really remarkable about the GK1 is its capability to shoot really flat strings with no reg, using the hammerless system to buffer the variability in pellet speed that you get from a conventional unregulated airgun. Then there’s the crazy accuracy, on a par with many high end PCP rifles. It’s absolutely the biggest leap forward in the PCP world in the last few years. I fully expected it to be a ticking time bomb due to its power capability and operational complexity, but mine has had absolutely no issues shooting through >5000 rounds. Plus, it’s a bargain. Knowing what I know now, I’d still be happy if I’d paid $2k for it instead of 1200.

I’ve spent way more on pellets on it than I have for any other gun. It’s just so much fun to shoot that I often grab it even if it’s not the most appropriate tool for the job!

Worth noting that Western produces the Sidewinder in 30, which is essentially the same mechanics as Huben. I have no idea if there’s actually a relationship between those companies but if there is, perhaps it precludes Huben from doing a 30?

At 350b fill capability and having an 8in barrel with the capability to put out a shot at 80+fpe, the GK1 operates at the limit of airgun physics. I don’t see how anything will surpass it without increasing size or running on Helium. However, what’s really remarkable about the GK1 is its capability to shoot really flat strings with no reg, using the hammerless system to buffer the variability in pellet speed that you get from a conventional unregulated airgun. Then there’s the crazy accuracy, on a par with many high end PCP rifles. It’s absolutely the biggest leap forward in the PCP world in the last few years. I fully expected it to be a ticking time bomb due to its power capability and operational complexity, but mine has had absolutely no issues shooting through >5000 rounds. Plus, it’s a bargain. Knowing what I know now, I’d still be happy if I’d paid $2k for it instead of 1200.

I’ve spent way more on pellets on it than I have for any other gun. It’s just so much fun to shoot that I often grab it even if it’s not the most appropriate tool for the job!
Im in the same boat..haven’y shot any of my other pcp’s since i got the gk1!amazing piece of work.

Reactions: Nutcracker
Im in the same boat..haven’y shot any of my other pcp’s since i got the gk1!amazing piece of work.
It’s just too easy. Open the sliding door, click the safety off and shoot from rice bags on the barstool. Good for mice out to 50y! No worries about reg creep and low first shots. Quiet as opening a can of soda now that the shroud is engaged for extra suppression. Literally a pesters dream tool!

IMG_0682.jpeg

I’m surprised they would make a more compact one as the alternate model. I almost feel like these were kind of failed attempt to make something unique and outstanding from the pack, but in light of the GK 1 this is “just another” pcp pistol.
Since the GK1 has hit the market, I almost feel sorry for the other PCP Pistol manufacturers. What's the cost? Unless they are way under the cost of the GK1.? GK1 upped the game so much that the other companies may need to get their engineers on OT. I think there is something to doing one thing and doing it right. Huben had one model rifle for years and perfected it, and then they made a pistol almost the same as their rifle.
"Do what you do, do well, son." That is what my dear ole daddy would tell me, :)

I hope the Evanix pistol finds a niche in the market & am looking forward to seeing the results & reviews.

Reactions: MrP and weevil
It’s just too easy. Open the sliding door, click the safety off and shoot from rice bags on the barstool. Good for mice out to 50y! No worries about reg creep and low first shots. Quiet as opening a can of soda now that the shroud is engaged for extra suppression. Literally a pesters dream tool!

View attachment 422478
I’d say that sums it up nicely👍🏼
1inch spinner out at 45y

with a damn pistol🤷🏻‍♂️

This is the first time the term "Game changer" is really worth shouting.

I wander how good the rifle would be without the regulator, and cheaper too.