• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The EU ammo elephant in the room

Which one came first? Chicken or the egg? Once anything is produced in large enough quantities price will come down but when production isn’t ramped up price will be high which means less people will buy it and less people buying it means lower quantity means more cost. 

For how much I shoot cost would be prohibitive going leadfree but I’m not against getting rid of lead also because what happened to the Romans(you don’t want to be them). There isn’t any easy solution that solves all the problems. For those of us use traps we can just collect then reuse when the day comes. 

I tried casting pellets using the ones from my pellet trap and it was a no go,very crappy pellets.

I coudnt get a good cast no matter what i tried,pressure casting with the ladle,fluxing,hot temps and nothing worked.

I've been casting for over thirty five years and what works best for pellets is the 40:1 lead tin mix,wether you mix it yourself or buy it from rotometals.

The little bit of tin helps fill the cavities and its not an expensive alloy.