The Elephant in the (Classified Ads) Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I notice about the search feature is that you can't really filter out the old ads. You can specify no posts before a certain date, but so long as the ad has been refreshed with a post after the date specified you'll continue to see the stuff that hasn't sold in six months or more. If there was a function that allowed you to block all posts that originated more than say three weeks ago that would be great.

Do you know how to use the search function???
You can sort by WTS or WTB. Your comment suggest your not aware of that.
Yes I am aware of how search works. But you are obviously not aware How Sloppy it looks with them all together......Also it is Not the best Search. You will look at More non relevant than just going page by page through the classifieds. Don"t believe me?????? Enter "WTS Impact" In your search. Find the Impact that I am buying. With Just WTS Impact. I went through the first 10 pages it is not there. Here is a hint he has No avatar just a Purple "S" Good luck @Reg Creep Let me know his asking Price. When you find it LOL
WTS and Impact are in his title. With your great understanding of the search should take less than a 1 min. LOL

Last edited:
Yes I am aware of how search works. But you are obviously not aware How Sloppy it looks with them all together......Also it is Not the best Search. You will look at More non relevant than just going page by page through the classifieds. Don"t believe me?????? Enter "WTS Impact" In your search. Find the Impact that I am buying. With Just WTS Impact. I went through the first 10 pages it is not there. Here is a hint he has No avatar just a Purple "S" Good luck @Reg Creep Let me know his asking Price. When you find it LOL
WTS and Impact are in his title. With your great understanding of the search should take less than a 1 min. LOL
mea culpa

I was thinking of the filter function which exists in the classifieds forum itself. Which is very helpful, but will not get you to one specific brand or model of anything. This does allow one to filter by WTS and any other specific tags desired (PCP Rifle, Optics, ...). Filter doesn't appear to work in coordination with the search function, nor does it allow one to specify a brand or model. My bad.

1703283568802.png

So you didn't find it. The search here doesn't even support "Boolean" I gave you all the info you needed. Someone selling an Impact in This classifieds and there user name starts with an "s". use your filter, search, what ever method you like....... Then tell me how easy it was. no wait tell me how I am doing it Wrong and I then throw some latin.
Look...... The classifieds are a mess here. Not that you cant get what you want... Obviously I can.(And I can't search or filter) I just offered a way to get sellers a better view. If you don"t think their stuff gets pushed pages deep.. You might be in denial. So they Bump and get pushed to where they were in a day or so. IMO it would help to separate WTB/WTS...... The WTB and the WTS compete for the first few pages. But you can continue to tell me... I don"t know how to Search of Filter. It will not help with the the two competing for the same space.

Last edited:
Dont take long for the relisters to bury a fresh item..
YES!!!!!!! Someone gets it. I just looked today is the 22nd December 1st post is 27 pages back. That is more than a page a day. Not doing the math.
Then He needs a repost because it got pushed. and his isn't Fresh. and so on and so on and so on.........................
Again I never sold or am I selling anything here.

Last edited:
So you didn't find it. The search here doesn't even support "Boolean" I gave you all the info you needed. Someone selling an Impact in This classifieds and there user name starts with an "s". use your filter, search, what ever method you like....... Then tell me how easy it was. no wait tell me how I am doing it Wrong and I then throw some latin.
:rolleyes:
So YOU DON'T KNOW what "mea culpa" means? GTFOH? Really?

Dude, don't you think you have whined long enough at this point?
How much more likely would you be to be heard just PMing management? But nope too easy ....

Never mind... mea culpa

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Dude, don't you think you have whined long enough at this point?
LOL....... Yes did't I point out that it was latin........ Wait.... I know it is latin....but I don't know what it means. I am so dumb. (sarcasm incase you are).
Whined...... I made Post and was Nicely attacked that I don't know how to use the search function. and was nicely given instruction how to search (bonus) filter. My post has nothing to do with the search. I don't care if A.N. fixes there classifieds. when I am looking for something I will put in the work to find it then I will buy. One suggestion..... constitute whining. OK......... You do you.
BUT I did have to Look up GTFOH.
Cited references for this post

GTFOH
Used urban dictionary

....but I don't know what it means...
Which is why I linked it for you.
Whined...... I made Post and was Nicely attacked that I don't know how to use the search function. and was nicely given instruction how to search (bonus) filter. My post has nothing to do with the search. I don't care if A.N. fixes there classifieds. when I am looking for something I will put in the work to find it then I will buy.
So the system works WELL ENOUGH for you... Excellent.
1BUT I did have to Look up GTFOH.
Cited references for this post

GTFOH
Used urban dictionary
Well there you go.. You learned THREE NEW things in one day.
Maybe it all was worth it?

• Haha
Reactions: 17dean
Well there you go.. You learned THREE NEW things in one day.
Yes but you got 2 of the things wrong I will help you with the things I did learn.

* @OldSpook Doesn't Understand sarcasm even when it it is stated.

*@Oldspook Doesn't have strong Reading comprehension skills/ and is triggered by one post.

*@Oldspook Taught me GTFOH
Thanks

Yes but you got 2 of the things wrong I will help you with the things I did learn.

* @OldSpook Doesn't Understand sarcasm even when it it is stated.

*@Oldspook Doesn't have strong Reading comprehension skills/ and is triggered by one post.

*@Oldspook Taught me GTFOH
Thanks
;) No problem. Keep studyin' on it and you may eventually figure out @OldSpook isn't the only one who would be happy to explain new acronyms to you.

Keep smilin' and remember keep following those links people provide when you get confused.
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.