The Elephant in the (Classified Ads) Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I don't have a dog in the fight. I am selling Anything. I am ok with ask what you want. (for Price) What needs to happen is the "WANT TO BUY" and The " WANT TO SELL" need to be be in separate locations want to buy pushes the want to sell or vice versa Down the page way to far. Way to sloppy for my taste. 10 post 10 days isn't enough IMO 50 /20 would be better. I have bought 1.5 guns here ( the second gun will be picked up on the 26th) I used to come here every day not so much any more. (Life) but I do agree the classifieds are a mess. This would help the classifieds a LOT. I don't have a problem with people asking what they want for a price. it will sell or it will not. but going 4 pages to find something to buy because you have to wade though the Want to Buy posts is a bit mind numbing. Sometimes 4 pages in one day if you don't come here daly it makes it tough to find your seller. If you came once a week I couldn't imagine.how tough it would be to find your seller. I had to check every day to find my NEW Baby.

I wouldn't post "Want To Buy" In fear.... That is where the scammers have the upper hand. and I am not that lazy to look at What is for sale.
The tool you are looking for is called the "search function". Use that and appropriate prefix and you can narrow the list it returns to literally one make and model.

• Haha
Reactions: Gumby31
Apparently scrolling is hard...........lol
Four pages about how hard it is for some.......
I work part time security at a high school, this reminds me of when a student comes up and asks me where his/her bus is? I always tell them it's right here in this line of buses, go look.
If anyone wants to pm me, just provide me what you're looking for and how much you want to spend and I'll find it for you and make the offer to the seller. Of course I'm going to charge you $50 for my service.....non negotiable, no trades.

• Haha
Reactions: OldSpook
Really? Where are you in California? I'm just across the border in Oregon and gas is down a dollar from the summer, oil has been down too. I understood you pay the most because California has the highest taxes on gas and uses only in-state refineries.
Had a nice ribeye roast from Fred last weekend for $4.99 a pound, maybe shop the ads.
If your savings are down 20k on 2 months performance, you must really be loaded, or maybe you are in the wrong kind of funds. SandP500 index fund, I'm doing great.
Interest rates go up, they go down, they already are with more projected cuts next year. The world has indeed been through a lot in the last 5 years, sorry you missed any better times
Good times out there. Same cut of meat here would double that price. If you think there is no inflation maybe go buy me a few tins of 500 count JSB 15.89s. I'll happily give you 3 cents each for them. 🤔

The tool you are looking for is called the "search function". Use that and appropriate prefix and you can narrow the list it returns to literally one make and model.
Oooooooo...... LOL..... I know how the search works.LOL Thanks for the heads up. currently there are 32 WTS and 15 WTB/WTT Today!!!!!!!! Sometimes you Don't know what gun you are looking for till you see it Calling your name!!! BUY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I just looked at the Classified thread section. 50.9 thousand threads. and people think this forum is going to do anything about people renewing multiple times and asking too much (subjective) for their items?
I would much rather have the moderator (?’s) exert energy moving PCP threads out of General Discussion, move big bore threads from PCP forum and into big bore etc and once they have that accomplished maybe they could get around to deleting all the obviously non-viable for sale posts from 5 years ago and then, finally, impose some draconian rules on these foul posters who dare affront your sensitivities.

I just looked at the Classified thread section. 50.9 thousand threads. and people think this forum is going to do anything about people renewing multiple times and asking too much (subjective) for their items?
I would much rather have the moderator (?’s) exert energy moving PCP threads out of General Discussion, move big bore threads from PCP forum and into big bore etc and once they have that accomplished maybe they could get around to deleting all the obviously non-viable for sale posts from 5 years ago and then, finally, impose some draconian rules on these foul posters who dare affront your sensitivities.
There is a legal reason to keep an audit trail.

Good times out there. Same cut of meat here would double that price. If you think there is no inflation maybe go buy me a few tins of 500 count JSB 15.89s. I'll happily give you 3 cents each for them. 🤔

I think that issue is basic supply and demand, not enough supply for too many buyers. Expensive for me are gamo red fire when wallmart is out of CPHP .22's

Wait, what?

Inflation going down? Every time I buy a bag of groceries it’s fifty bucks. And we’re not talking steaks and bottles of wine. And gas prices are as high as ever. You’re from California, you should know as well as anyone.

Regarding the stock market, it may be doing better this month, but the last two months saw a $20,000 loss in a couple of my mutual funds portfolios.

And as far as interest rates, most 30 year loans are above seven percent. Yes, maybe better than 10 percent, but not even close to what it was five years ago.

Returning to the subject at hand, over the years I have seen some great deals on the classifieds. There are also those ads placed by members who don’t seem to understand depreciation. Nonetheless, I still look every day, and every once in a while snag a good deal.
You conveniently cherry picked my points; forgetting wages are up, unemployment down, unions are winning and you didn't address the fraud issue. This forum has been debating ways too stop that fraud garbage. Gas is nearing as low as it's been in the last 6 months around me, the Saudi' are finding they can't screw with the US fuel prices like they thought. And home interest rates; after reaching historical lows they are now running 6.8%, that's at a rate or less than where I bought homes in 76,78 82, and 86, 6.8% rate is closer to the historical the norm. My kids have mortgages at 2.5 and 3.65% they know they are among the generation that, like it or not, bought their forever home. In 2023 my Medicare cost went DOWN. In 2022 I paid $170.1 per month, I'll pay $174.7 in 2024. it's up $4.60 (2.7%) over three years, that's outstanding! Especially since my SS went up 17.8% over the same period. Probably up over 20% compounded. These are facts not, I pay $50 for a bag of groceries. Sounds like you need a financial advisor. The environment will never be perfect.

MONEYWATCH

Mortgage rate for a typical home loan falls to 6.8% — lowest since June​

moneywatch
BY KATE GIBSON
DECEMBER 20, 2023 / 1:18 PM EST / MONEYWATCH

Mortgage rates are creeping lower after soaring this fall to their highest level in more than two decades.

The interest rate on a typical fixed 30-year loan is now 6.8%, its lowest level since June, the Mortgage Bankers Association said Wednesday. That's down from 7.1% a week earlier and from 8% in October, the highest in 23 years.

Food prices typicaly increase at a rate of 2 percent yearly. That cost was 11 percent from 2021 to 2022,. 2023 6 percent. Automobiles have risen on average 10 grand since 2021 for a 40,000 dollar car. Natural gas price increased 50 percent. Electricity in same time frame 11 percent. For 2022 to 2023?, over 100 percent. Interest rates have doubled. How in the world can anyone think inflation has stalled!?

I guess I see advantages to the listing renewed. Tells me two things. Person doesn't want the gun and he has priced it too high. When I see something like that I offer price I consider a bargain for me. If they sell it fine if not I move on.

Last edited:
Oooooooo...... LOL..... I know how the search works.LOL Thanks for the heads up. currently there are 32 WTS and 15 WTB/WTT Today!!!!!!!! Sometimes you Don't know what gun you are looking for till you see it Calling your name!!! BUY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Do you know how to use the search function???
You can sort by WTS or WTB. Your comment suggest your not aware of that.

On a good day being a moderator is a great deal of work. On a bad day, a moderator can be pilloried for nothing, at all. I know, I moderate a web board (gratis) and have found it quite frustrating at times. If we (board users) are happy with a moderator's opinion, they are great. Unhappy, then not so much. I do not know about the moderators on AN, but many folks are doing the job for free. Give them the benefit of the doubt, where you can.

On a good day being a moderator is a great deal of work. On a bad day, a moderator can be pilloried for nothing, at all. I know, I moderate a web board (gratis) and have found it quite frustrating at times. If we (board users) are happy with a moderator's opinion, they are great. Unhappy, then not so much. I do not know about the moderators on AN, but many folks are doing the job for free. Give them the benefit of the doubt, where you can.
Not hammering the mods here. Just pointed out the large number of threads on classifieds and that the mods have better things to spend their valuable time than monitoring and policing people renewing their classified postings. I should have worded my post better.

Reactions: Lazarus Long
Status
Not open for further replies.