The Easy Way to Tune a Regulated PCP - American Airgunner Blog

Hi y'all,

I am very excited to announce that I will be writing for the American Airgunner blog. Posts will be uploaded biweekly and will cover a whole host of topics like tuning, harmonics, gear, and everything in between.

The first post is a Beginner's Guide to Tuning a Regulated PCP. It can be found here: American Airgunner Blog

I think it's a nice succinct guide for new airgunners or shooters who have never tuned their own rifle.

Please let me know what you think about this post and if you have any topics you'd like to see covered on the blog in the future!

Hi y'all,

I am very excited to announce that I will be writing for the American Airgunner blog. Posts will be uploaded biweekly and will cover a whole host of topics like tuning, harmonics, gear, and everything in between.

The first post is a Beginner's Guide to Tuning a Regulated PCP. It can be found here: American Airgunner Blog

I think it's a nice succinct guide for new airgunners or shooters who have never tuned their own rifle.

Please let me know what you think about this post and if you have any topics you'd like to see covered on the blog in the future!
Nico5999,

I think that this is a very well written guide. I am sure that there will be many who will take issue with some point or other, but given that this is clearly written for the beginning airgunner I feel it is fine. I like the very clear language and the fact that it is written in good grammatical form 😇.

Hopefully the blog will be updated with new and relevant posts on a more frequent basis going forward (last post before this one was January 13th 2022). For a first effort it is great and I am looking forward to more.

Chris

Nico5999,

I think that this is a very well written guide. I am sure that there will be many who will take issue with some point or other, but given that this is clearly written for the beginning airgunner I feel it is fine. I like the very clear language and the fact that it is written in good grammatical form 😇.

Hopefully the blog will be updated with new and relevant posts on a more frequent basis going forward (last post before this one was January 13th 2022). For a first effort it is great and I am looking forward to more.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the kind words! The blog will definitely be updated more frequently - every two weeks! I'll link to new posts on AGN in the relevant forums when they are live.

Reactions: ChRiSiS
I had some troubles with setting the regulator of my Vulcan 3. 30 Cal.

Here it is what I learnead and how I was able to set it:

1.- Meassure fps with the regulator as is. Write it. Measure with a bernier the total lenght os the regulator. Write it.

2.- remove the regulator.

If your rifle is. 177 Cal::

3.- fill the rifle to 100 bar and chrony the fps. Write it.

4. - increase preassure to 105 bar and chrony the fps. Write it.

5.- increase preassure to 110 bar and chrony the fps. Write it.

Choose the fps you want, the one of 100 or 105 or 110 bar.

Compare the fps you got initially with the regulator as is. If is close to that, then tighten the adjuster of the regulator.

If you need more fps slightly unscrew the adjuster of the regulator, measure total lenght and Write it, and make a new meassure of fps. Write it. If fps increases but not yet to the speed desired, unscrew a little bit, meassure total lenght and Write it. If the fps decreased screw a little bit the adjuster to get a total lenght shorter than the original, and then Write the total lenght and meassure the fps in the chrony.

Repeat the adjustments of the total lenght of regulator until you get the fps desired.

If your rifle is a. 22 Cal start the fill to 110 and increase to 120 bar.

If your rifle is an. 25 Cal start the fill on 120 and increase to 135 bar.

If your rifle is a. 30 Cal start the fill on 145 bar and increase to 170 bar.

The logic is the following: the more preassure, the more difficult for the hammer to open de valve and the fps decreased. So you need the regulator to send the adecuate preassure to the valve.

Once you get the adecuate lenght of the regulator tighten the adjuster so it do not moves and fps do not change.

Last edited: