The dreaded *&$%# Fill Probe...

Sounds like there are many fans of both types of fill adapters.

Yes, there is no standard for foster fitting but then again there is no standard for fill probes either.

Foster fittings like most fittings are only dangerous if you use one that is not rated for your pressure, does not fit correctly or is badly worn.

Fill probes that do not fit correctly could be a problem also.

Thanks for the enlightenment guys.

I have an Air Arms S510 XS and it uses what I think is their proprietary fill probe. I actually like it a lot better than a foster fitting. I don't understand why so many complain about it. Everyone has their preferences for sure. But it's about the quickest and easiest thing to use and is much safer than a foster in my opinion. 

c.1644108352.jpg

But that is a foster fitting you have the specialy fill valve attached to, right? Or am I confused.

tnbndr,

Yes, you are correct. It is a male foster attached to the fill probe. It's really the only way to use it unless you have a fill whip with the probe fitted to one end. So yes, there is still the use of foster fittings as that is what is most commonly used in all of our pcp fill equipment as we all know. I guess that I'm just speaking to the fact that I find this type of probe used by Air Arms to be a very easy and robust design. I don't find it to be a hinderance or issue at all during use. But in the end...... yes, foster fittings are still used.