Daystate THE DAYSTATE PROGRAMMER-LET'S TALK ABOUT (PROPERLY) PROGRAMMING THE REDWOLF

I don't understand why regulators are so expensive? The reg for my tig welder was 79 dollars. And its adjustable?? Don't get it. What makes it this much money?

I am not really sure, I looked at the 5 regulators I have in my shop, mig, oxy acetylene and Co2. Just not confident they will handle 4500 psi . Figured I'd go the safe route with a regular made for high pressure.

Correct nomojo65, there were instances of users fitting the HB, breaking the internals, re-fitting the factory board and claiming uder the warranty.

This was of course because they were over-driving the gun, pointless again because the HP REDWOLF's are capable of driving pellets at their best accuraccy envelope velocity in standard form.

Different of course if you want to launch super heavy slugs at very high velocities which seems to be all the craze currently.

VS the GCU1, the HB had lots of advantages, especially of course if you couldn't get hold of a factory programmer, but the GCU2 IMO has caught up, except for the 12 VS 3 power curves.

A HB would probably become much less attractive if you had multiple REDWOLF's as you can cover all your guns with one programmer.

Alternatively you only need use the trigger to program the HB and not remove the stock, but a lot of numerical changes can be slow, having said that quite a few HB users find the standard HB settings to not need any tweeking.

20210731_052039.1628011194.jpg
if I could get 2 more of the leads I would be set up .

I do not have a Redwolf yet but still find this very informative. Thanks for all the work.

A request, can you put a link in this thread to the latest iteration of your programming sheet. I am referring to the sheet for capturing factory settings as baseline and future tuning work.

Again, thank you for the work you have done on this. This type of information will help solidify my decision on purchasing a Redwolf.