The Daystate LC110 Compressor report

cloud.1608059483.jpeg

Cootertwo, I feel for you. I have never seen anyone have as much bad luck with compressors as you. I'm sure you'll get what you need from AofA. Keep us posted. 

Thanks man. I'll live. My Kalitte and SC100 DAVV are still running fine. The problem with the Daystate motor might be a simple bad capacitor. I've ordered a couple to try. Funny/strange thing, if I unplug a wire from what I'm guessing is the "start" capacitor, the motor starts, and runs just fine. Draws 15 amps on my meter, and fills the line with a dead head plug, to 4500 psi, in about 1 minute. No vibration, humm, heat, or smell. Strange. Motor has some very strange to me wiring. Apparently one of the newer designed "soft start" motors. No centrifugal points, supposed to switch from start circuit, to run circuit, electronically. ???? Damned new fangled chit.😂😁😆😉

My Daystate LC110 purchased in Oct. 2018 failed today. I was filling a tank and started to hear some "rattling" at around 280-290 bar. It then seized and threw a breaker. I released the pressure and started it again with the moisture release valve open. It seems to run fine without a load. As soon as run it under load, it starts to fail at around 800-1000 psi. (It starts to slow down and almost cuts out.)

Any ideas? I've contacted AoA to see what they have to say.

-Clayton

The compressor hose and it's 90 degree connector is moved from the tower and threaded into the output side of the gold filter using teflon tape. The existing 300 DIN on the fill hose can still be used as is if you prefer. It can be unthreaded from the compressor's fill hose and replaced with a Grainger adapter, part #6W433. Then you can attach it to a female threaded foster quick connect, or female threaded male foster if you prefer. I used two 90 degree 1/8 npt threaded male to female elbows at the output of the water separator tower and at the input side of the gold filter. I threaded a male foster check valve into the input side of the gold filter. I connected a 2' high pressure fill hose that terminates in 1/8 npt male threads between the tower and the gold filter. One side is threaded into the street elbow on the water tower. The other end of the hose has a female quick connect which connects to a male foster check valve threaded into the 90 degree npt elbow on the underside of the gold filter.

Parts:

(2) 90 degree steel high pressure street elbows (male to female 1/8 npt threaded)

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/421529?term=1/8+npt+elbow&pageno=5

(1) 2' high pressure hose with male npt thread end and female quick connect on one end

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pai...224.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.77254c4dJUicVa

(1) male 1/8 npt threaded foster check valve

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pai...7.0&pvid=c52ea5cf-191a-4e28-8e41-0c4339c3039c

(1) Grainger #6W433 JIC to NPT hose adapter

https://www.grainger.com/product/EA...me-_-MyPurchasedProducts-_-6W433&cm_vc=HPMPPZ

(1) female threaded quick connect for fill hose

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...l?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.32.19b1698e5oGERu

Teflon tape

All of these are available online through hydraulics suppliers, Northshore Compressor, Ebay, or Aliexpress. Just be sure to buy 5000 psi or higher pressure rated fittings from whichever supplier you buy from.

The grainger part that link was provided has nptf threads and not bspp that quick connect foster fittings use, so it won’t work without another adapter.
I basically wasted $20 including shipping and have 5 of them . They only screw in one thread into female threads of foster fitting.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I bought my LC110 from AOA. Close to 100 ours on it and so far so good. I let it run a few minutes before filling my tank and run it a few minutes after filling the tank with bleed valve open on separator, just like the manual says. I bought a gold tux filter, you can see how I mounted mine. My idea was to keep the filter higher than the outlet of the separator on the compressor so any moisture in the hose will drain back to the separator. I then purchased a filter from Joe Brocotto that filters under pressure, unlike the cheap Chinese gold filter and also mounted it higher than the discharge side of the separator on the compressor.There is a difference between the two, after reading the info. I bought Joe's. Why skimp with a 40.00 Gold filter when your putting air into your high dollar air rifles, and ANY moisture is a big NO NO, that was my thinking.
20221220_195656.jpg

20221220_195713.jpg

Reactions: Romy
Well heck while I’m at it might as well ask another question. Where are you guys using your daystates, indoors or out in the garage? I live in a nothern climate and concerned about using it out in the garage then having to move it into the house in the winter to prevent any residual moisture even though you go to great lengths to get rid of it from freezing. I’m thinking that if you had it indoors that conditioned air would be the best as drier air going in would result having less moisture to capture. I’m trying to get this figured out before I take the big plunge after I win the mega millions drawing😯
I live in Missouri. I have mine in my basement on a work bench. So freezing or using it in a really hot condition isn't a issue.

I had one of those compressors. I also added a dryer from JoeB. I loved the compressor. The size, the volume of noise, how long it took to fill, etc…. In a year it failed twice. AOA was wonderful. End of the day, AOA refunded me and I purchased an Alkin 31 vertical. While the Alkin has been flawless. It is larger maybe noisier. I would recommend it to all, but it is more costly, having to set up a 220 circuit for it etc…
In the end, I wish my Daystate worked for me. It just did not. The Alkin is just a beast for what we do, but maybe that is why it works so well.

The grainger part that link was provided has nptf threads and not bspp that quick connect foster fittings use, so it won’t work without another adapter.
I basically wasted $20 including shipping and have 5 of them . They only screw in one thread into female threads of foster fitting.

View attachment 315486
Romy, My post included photos and identified each part that connected to the adapter. There are six different connection types of quick connects. There are NPT, BSPP, and M*10 threaded quick connects in both male and female configuration. Instead of getting a JIC to BSPP swivel adapter, just buy a very commonly available NPT female thread quick connect. The instructions were correct and illustrated. Understand what you're buying instead of being critical of the post for your mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Romy and Centercut
I had one of those compressors. I also added a dryer from JoeB. I loved the compressor. The size, the volume of noise, how long it took to fill, etc…. In a year it failed twice. AOA was wonderful. End of the day, AOA refunded me and I purchased an Alkin 31 vertical. While the Alkin has been flawless. It is larger maybe noisier. I would recommend it to all, but it is more costly, having to set up a 220 circuit for it etc…
In the end, I wish my Daystate worked for me. It just did not. The Alkin is just a beast for what we do, but maybe that is why it works so well.
That makes me worried because I threw away the box. Did you have to ship it back in the box that it came ?
Can I ask what kind of failures occurred?

I could provide myself with a 240v power outlet without additional expense, as I specialize in that line of work , but I chose 120v simply for convenience of bringing it to places without 240v accommodations.
I only use it for 20 minutes at a time to top off a 75 cu/ft tank to 300bar, about once a week.

Last edited:
Romy, My post included photos and identified each part that connected to the adapter. There are six different connection types of quick connects. There are NPT, BSPP, and M*10 threaded quick connects in both male and female configuration. Instead of getting a JIC to BSPP swivel adapter, just buy a very commonly available NPT female thread quick connect. The instructions were correct and illustrated. Understand what you're buying instead of being critical of the post for your mistake.
It’s my mistake for not being patient and not verifying the thread on my quick connects.
I have several, males and females that I got from different places , where some were given to me. All have bspp threads so I assumed it was a common kind.

I already placed another order with grainger for that swivel but will be returning it all and getting a different fitting.
I have a female quick connect on my tank side , this should work then?

That
It’s my mistake for not being patient and not verifying the thread on my quick connects.
I have several, males and females that I got from different places , where some were given to me. All have bspp threads so I assumed it was a common kind.

I already placed another order with grainger for that swivel but will be returning it all and getting a different fitting.
I have a female quick connect on my tank side , this should work then?

No, that won't work either. What I have in my post is an NPT female threaded quick connect, not an NPT female threaded male Foster.
This is the part you need. I use this link to illustrate but you can buy them at lots of places online. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4040582373...i0mLZG1B3qv784K13szr9Bu7/g==|tkp:BFBM4MWz9adh

Last edited:
Romy. My compressor blew two head gaskets and then the motor died and had to be replaced.
one time I shipped just the compressor back. That was not bad, small box. The second time the complete compressor went back. Made a plywood box and had it shipped. It has been a long time, guessing about $150.
Dive forums have more info on them than here.

Romy. My compressor blew two head gaskets and then the motor died and had to be replaced.
one time I shipped just the compressor back. That was not bad, small box. The second time the complete compressor went back. Made a plywood box and had it shipped. It has been a long time, guessing about $150.
Dive forums have more info on them than here.
Well , keeping my fingers crossed, hoping for better luck , don’t feel like dealing with repairs or shipping .

I bought my LC110 from AOA. Close to 100 ours on it and so far so good. I let it run a few minutes before filling my tank and run it a few minutes after filling the tank with bleed valve open on separator, just like the manual says. I bought a gold tux filter, you can see how I mounted mine. My idea was to keep the filter higher than the outlet of the separator on the compressor so any moisture in the hose will drain back to the separator. I then purchased a filter from Joe Brocotto that filters under pressure, unlike the cheap Chinese gold filter and also mounted it higher than the discharge side of the separator on the compressor.There is a difference between the two, after reading the info. I bought Joe's. Why skimp with a 40.00 Gold filter when your putting air into your high dollar air rifles, and ANY moisture is a big NO NO, that was my thinking.View attachment 315513

View attachment 315514
Richieg,
If that gold filter that’s mounted horizontally on your compressor has a molecular sieve filter init you need to mount it vertically. Molecular sieve filters can drip corrosive moisture and eat away at the aluminum. Air flow direction is, air in the bottom, processed air out the top. And be sure to have a drain in the bottom and drain any moisture or bleed pressure after each use.

Richieg,
If that gold filter that’s mounted horizontally on your compressor has a molecular sieve filter init you need to mount it vertically. Molecular sieve filters can drip corrosive moisture and eat away at the aluminum. Air flow direction is, air in the bottom, processed air out the top. And be sure to have a drain in the bottom and drain any moisture or bleed pressure after each use.
Thanks for the info. My gold filter is no longer used. That's how I had it mounted when I was using it.