The Daystate Alpha Wolf has arrived!

GUYS,

I have ordered a DW and I shoot only Crosman 14.3 domes, does anyone have a good advanced setting for this pellet. I live on 1/2 an acre in a crowded neighborhood.

Thanks for your response.

AoA programs in several pellet profiles, I would call them and ask if they have one for the 14.3. If not, I’m sure they will program the 15 grain JSB and you can use that as your starting point and tune down the power a bit.

Looks like you could mount your scope to the dovetail using conventional rings and sell the cantilever for $500 to someone ;-p 

Wonder how that Smart Parts Skout air rifle project is coming along? In theory it should be out later this Summer and hopefully they take a page from paintball and drive the price of electronic controls down rather than up. 

Also wonder who else is working on electronically controlled air rifles? It does seem like the way forward and in 3-4 product cycles could become widespread. Certainly FX can't be ignoring these developments and the Eastern European and Korean guns can't be far behind.

I used to play paintball competitively and let me tell you, smart parts came out with the "cheap junk" consistently. Low budget electronic pb guns that could perform well when they did want to perform but were not consistent. 

i see nothing other than a wood stock and scope rail big deal

That's because "you shot your eye out" and you're a sour airgunner and a FX fanboy. I didn't see you taking jabs at FX and all their paid promoters for the revolutionary heavy hammer polished block and accessories. I can't afford a Wolf or an Impact but that doesn't mean I'm going to talk trash about them. I don't care what brand it is innovation is good for airgunners.

PK

NAILED IT! 

I like sour when it comes to candy not airgunners.

ALSO THIS THREAD IS AMAZING FOR INFO

Thank youn @centercut and @ctshooter , great discussion and I have a whole lot better understanding of the rifle now, can't wait to put this knowledge here to use!

question, can I set the AW to 12ft/Ibs also on the FAC version? Wondering how the tuning works there.
Definitely yes. You'll have to use the Advanced settings and create a profile. I'd stick with the lower end 73 volts and then, based on your reg setting, start with a hammer setting of around 1200-1500 micro-seconds. That should ball park you.

Reactions: merpo
I do not think that the RedWolf has nothing else to give. Daystate have finally sorted out how to put a Chrono on a rifle that works. They did do a Limited Addition rifle that had a Chrono but it did not work very well. Now that they can do it then why not put one on a RedWolf as not every one likes a BullPup. We have six RedWolfs in the family as my son and daughter both shoot. My son also has a DeltaWolf and he likes it but almost always reaches for his RedWolf. So dad almost always shoots the DeltaWolf or when ever the upgrade arrives the AlphWolf.

Sadly we have draconian fire are laws in the U.K. and it shows with the DeltaWolf if you have a fire arms ticket and own a DeltaWolf you get access to all of the electrical features but if you do not have a ticket then you are basically stuffed you get some features but not all. Extremely frustrating to all concerned.

Well what one "sees" when looking at a picture and what one experiences are two different things. The rail is held in place with 4 bolts and isn't going anywhere. As far as rigidity I'd bet you could use it as a handle to carry the gun with no ill effect - it's very solid. The tiny amount of kick from an airgun isn't going to have any effect.

My experience over the past month or two has been good. No shifting of POI at all over time. I believe it is a non issue.