The Daystate Alpha Wolf has arrived!

One question. Besides the regulator, are we at a point in technology where the settings and programming can be changed via bluetooth on a mobile or tablet device?

Supposedly that is coming. The rifle already has a Bluetooth module inside that would be activated by a future software update.

That would be golden then. Also, is there any MOA/incline built into the cantilever rail? One thing I must admit as far as aesthetics go, I do like the appearance better than the DW.

i see nothing other than a wood stock and scope rail big deal

That's because "you shot your eye out" and you're a sour airgunner and a FX fanboy. I didn't see you taking jabs at FX and all their paid promoters for the revolutionary heavy hammer polished block and accessories. I can't afford a Wolf or an Impact but that doesn't mean I'm going to talk trash about them. I don't care what brand it is innovation is good for airgunners.

PK

omg dude i see what im told just from respected dealers as i asked fx fan yeah i have some so does that mean a fan boy? rti prophet im a fan boy also, few daystates im a big fan of also.

Bluetooth would be nice. Here's my experience so far...

Factory settings came shooting a bit fast for my liking. When using the factory settings and you change the desired velocity, it takes a few shots for the chronograph & GCU to make the appropriate changes.

Advanced settings - once you determine exactly what parameters/velocity you want you can save the settings and "recall" that profile. This allows you to start out with the first shot exactly where you want it. 

*The display shows the exact regulator pressure and the recommended pressure for the velocity you choose. So if you change pellets from say 18g to 25g it recommends a different regulator pressure which you can manually adjust using the knob just above the CF bottle.

One question. Besides the regulator, are we at a point in technology where the settings and programming can be changed via bluetooth on a mobile or tablet device?

That would be awesome! Make tuning and setting things up much easier.

How does the Delta and now Alpha boards compare with the Heliboard for previous rifles?

Over all the Alpha is basically a Delta wolf wearing a RedWolf colored stock.... not really "new" or anything like that in my mind.

Well my .177 HP just arrived today but the programming is confusing the hell outta me. It was set to the Advanced 1777 program - but I don't see any way to set speed when you are in advanced. For Factory programming I can only choose 13 and 16gr pellets, but I can adjust speed, but it wants a crazy 180 bar where the 1777 program is set for 135 bar. It's able to achieve set speed in Factory with the lower reg pressure so I'm not sure I am following the logic.

So what if I want to set it up to shoot the 10gr 177s @ 800 fps - either I'm not following the logic or the controls aren't there. 

Aside from the programming learning curve this rifle is amazing. It feels really nice and it's actually quite light - a ton lighter than a Red Wolf which I find quite heavy. The cheek rest which switches left and right and can be moved back and forth is nice. No concerns with the scope rail. 

Only one complaint which is the safety touches the top of my hand when on Fire.

Well my .177 HP just arrived today but the programming is confusing the hell outta me. It was set to the Advanced 1777 program - but I don't see any way to set speed when you are in advanced. For Factory programming I can only choose 13 and 16gr pellets, but I can adjust speed, but it wants a crazy 180 bar where the 1777 program is set for 135 bar. It's able to achieve set speed in Factory with the lower reg pressure so I'm not sure I am following the logic.

So what if I want to set it up to shoot the 10gr 177s @ 800 fps - either I'm not following the logic or the controls aren't there. 

Aside from the programming learning curve this rifle is amazing. It feels really nice and it's actually quite light - a ton lighter than a Red Wolf which I find quite heavy. The cheek rest which switches left and right and can be moved back and forth is nice. No concerns with the scope rail. 

Congrats! Let's see it. 

Congrats! Let's see it.

Alpha1 - 1.1652459778.jpeg

Creo que estas equivocado. Creo que el gatillo electrónico reduce el tiempo de bloqueo para una mayor precisión.

my experience tells me no

a good trigger from Wolverine or Hutsman gives the same result

When you have an air rifle with these characteristics in your hands, you have to stop and think if it does something different from another rifle.

I also say that whoever has a lot of money should spend it wherever he wants

but he has no way to justify it

no offense

When it shows the recommended pressure on Factory Mode, it shows the pressure that would be necessary to get the MAX speed from the gun with that caliber and weight ammo. We've found that using a lower pressure that still allows the gun to set your desired speed works better and gives a "first shot" that is very close to set speed. So in your case, if the Advanced Mode allows the gun to hit your desired speed at 135 bar, then the Factory Mode would also function correctly at that reg. pressure. I've "played around" with mine for the past 15 months, and end up using the Advanced Mode most of the time shooting .25 King Heavy at 890 fps (155bar reg. pressure) or NSA 29 gr HP DB.

Mike

To each there own Este - I don't have to justify my purchases to you or anyone else. Maybe you not that good a shot so it doesn't matter? no offense

Gotta agree wholeheartedly with you Sean. I too feel that the current pack of Wolf's are truly the finest guns out there, at least for my needs and in my hands. The fantastic trigger, the incredibly smooth & consistent shot cycle, the shortest lock time and all of that paired with some of the best barrels in the business make these guns top of the top line. And add to all of that the broad custom tuning and programmability.

For me the Red Wolfs still fit my body, shooting and skills the best, and I have been loving it that they are now considered by many to be second tier to the Deltas and Alphas. Makes for some nice RW deals on the used market!

And with all of the RW's and the DW I have had or have, never a single issue with any of them.

Congrats on your new AW!

When it shows the recommended pressure on Factory Mode, it shows the pressure that would be necessary to get the MAX speed from the gun with that caliber and weight ammo. We've found that using a lower pressure that still allows the gun to set your desired speed works better and gives a "first shot" that is very close to set speed. So in your case, if the Advanced Mode allows the gun to hit your desired speed at 135 bar, then the Factory Mode would also function correctly at that reg. pressure. I've "played around" with mine for the past 15 months, and end up using the Advanced Mode most of the time shooting .25 King Heavy at 890 fps (155bar reg. pressure) or NSA 29 gr HP DB.

Mike

Mike - 

Thank you for that detail - it does open up a few other questions so I hope you don't mind - I think it would be beneficial to other new users.

Factory Settings - is there any way to add new ones, or add new projectiles? If not, I can see why most time will be spent in Advanced Mode.

Advanced Mode - how do you select speed? Is this speed set using a combination of Hammer Stroke, voltage and reg pressure?

One more - if you know this. Is the chrono just a chrono or does it feedback into the system. Meaning are the programs static or fluid and self adjusting to get to a specific pressure? I've had a RedWolf in the past, but that didn't have a reg so the MAP was around the input pressure.