• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A The “Dark Side”

There’s a guy named Manny if I’m remembering correctly, lived in Hawaii and hunted hogs regularly.
He did a post years ago about a hunt where he got a big hog with a .25 springer!
He knew the range perfectly and had shot the gun a lot, practicing cold shots until he was confident enough to pull it off.
Hopefully someone can find and link the post, I’m not having any luck finding it.
I think he deleted his account here. I'm not sure if that deletes posts or not. He's back on GTA now. You can probably find it there.

I keep thinking of going back into a springer, an HW50 would be great. I can’t decide on 177 or 22.

I have a pcp that is as close to springer like no fuss as possible. Artemis PP700. It’s never broke down, simple design, single shot, and super hand pump friendly. I suggest it to anyone wanting to dip toes in pcp. It’s not the traditional rifle design, it’s a pistol you can make a carbine. And yes, I have done a lot of work to mine, but it’s not necessary. It easily swaps between 177 and 22. I currently have a Altaros reg in it and shoot 8.44gr Jsb at 10 fpe.

For a traditional style pcp that won’t give trouble, try a Huntsman. They are boring but great.

IMG_9564.jpeg

IMG_9776.jpeg

I gotta give justanotherjoe's comment a thumbs up. We all know spring guns are simple to maintain and operate but they are the devil to consistently shoot accurately. PCP's are more complicated mechanisms but infinitely more forgiving to shoot. As he humorously points out, you don't have to worry about where your pinky finger is touching the stock.

I love shooting spring guns as long as I keep my expectations real. When I want pinpoint accuracy from any shooting position afield without worrying about hold, I enjoy a PCP.

There’s a guy named Manny if I’m remembering correctly, lived in Hawaii and hunted hogs regularly.
He did a post years ago about a hunt where he got a big hog with a .25 springer!
He knew the range perfectly and had shot the gun a lot, practicing cold shots until he was confident enough to pull it off.
Hopefully someone can find and link the post, I’m not having any luck finding it.
I've taken several coyote in the last several years. They were all at less than 40 yards. One with 130QE and the others with .25. All spring-piston

Reactions: fishing43