• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

THE DANGERS OF: - "Tracking Numbers" & hoping the costs of it are justified.

BE WARNED.
Parcel tracking???? Why?? Its pathetic.

I ordered a Chamber and Piston flat top pack for a Crosman 1377.
I "tracked" it across 5 states of America.

It got to London. The Tracking data said HEATHROW - Date Time etc.
From there it went to LONDON and was classed as DELIVERED....

I have spent 7 days and hours and hours on the phone to every parcel courier involved, Roya mail, USPS, DHL and PAYPAL and on and on time and again. TRYING to find out where this parcel went.

It was declared as being delivered to MAYBOLE. 27 miles the wrong side of my town.
It should have gone to GIRVAN. 6 miles away.
At MAYBOLE in Scotland it was crossed off as DELIVERED.
Not here.
24/7 Hi-res CCTV here. no deliveries.

The ROYAL MAIL post office have started THREE investigations. THREE.
Every time I call them they start another one AND THEN.......................... email saying , we will initialise this in THREE DAYS TIME ....... (get this) JUST IN CASE.... it arrives.
After this we will investigate.

I gave up calling them.
I call PayPal.
Paypal are great. Efficient and on the ball but....... it takes time.

We need to speak to the postman at Maybole who delivered this parcel nd find out why he/she lied. They do NOT deliver this far south.
Its not rocket science.
But no............................................ That's too easy.

See for yourself. 
USPS TRACKING No.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&text28777=&tLabels=LN495086376US
THIS NUMBER.... >>> LN495086376US

It says.... UNITED KINGDOM..... DELIVERED.
OK, So I'll do a 137 million door-to-door check and see where the parcel was delivered.

TRACKED? YOU ARE JOKING!!!

The Royal Mail told me that tracking is only good until the USPS parcel LEAVES THE USA.
SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM OF ANGUISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that.... its anyone's guess.

So, remember also that this WAS NOT a signed for parcel.
If it WAS SOMEONE would be accountable.

MORAL OF THIS STORY........
DO NOT EVER simply use TRACKED and assume it is a good thing. It doesn't tell you anything. No town, no address.....
It costs..... But not as much as the parcels' loss.

ALWAYS USE SIGNED FOR DELIVERIES.

The tracking and redirection of telephone automated portals will drive you INSANE. Everyone washes their hands of you. Each system (except PAYPAL) do NOT initialise a formal search. Each time you call they initialise a search. Recalling to see how theyre getting on results in an announcement that you did NOT initialise a search. So you initialise another search. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me or is it everyone who suddenly feels the need to torture insolent postal staff with Medieval dungeonware. ???
I have even paid CUSTOMS on this of £23:00UKP...........................................................................TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHM SO GUNNA KILL SUMONE..............................

Does anyone have a 15th Century Cannon that can fire 20lbs of rusty steel shrapnel? Any "x" Galleon stock will do. :mad:

My Plight to re-equip the internals of my Crosman 1377 continues. 

I had that problem a couple months ago with a particular amazon seller. They were selling the Hatsan Striker 1000x .22 for about $119 out the door, $4.99 of which was shipping. I've had great service so far, so cool. Wrap it up, I'll take it! EERRRRRT! WRONG! Jebus H Christ, he shipped that thing all over half of Creation for 10 days at least! And then, the best part- I got the Hatsan Striker 1000s .177 with plastic stock instead. So, I call Amazon Customer Service to complain. They Help out with return, email seller, blah, blah, blahblahblahblahblah, yada, yada, yada. First email I get from him asked, basically, if I'd take a $40 refund & keep the item? I'm like, " Uh...dude? There's nothing I want with this thing, take it back!" So I ordered the " right" one from midwayusa.com, who just happened to have it on sale for $95.99 & $12.74 S&H. $108,73 out the door, & got it in 2-3 days in the straightest line between me & MO I've ever seen! In another couple weeks, my money was eventually refunded...

I had an expensive rifle repaired. The return shipping required a signature upon receipt. I wasn't home when it was delivered, but someone signed for it. The signature was a name of no one in the neighborhood. Fortunately, I found the rifle on the porch. When I called the shipping company they were less than helpful. I got the feeling that since you got your package, so what.

"Skip-in-WV"I had an expensive rifle repaired. The return shipping required a signature upon receipt. I wasn't home when it was delivered, but someone signed for it. The signature was a name of no one in the neighborhood. Fortunately, I found the rifle on the porch. When I called the shipping company they were less than helpful. I got the feeling that since you got your package, so what.
i too have had this happen before, and usually its the post deliverer/mail carrier that signs for it or they sign a name of a spouse or a child in the family cause they dont want to be responsible for the packages return to the central branch and be held accountable for the 6 whole pages of paperwork that needs nothing but a signature and the one page ONE DAMN PAGE of a reason why it wasnt delivered accompanied by the other portion of the slip they use to tell you they missed you (as there are 2 parts) which is a terminate-able offense and mail fraud at that to top it off.

as for the OP in this case, give paypal a few days, it is the holiday season and they without a doubt are absolutely SWAMPED with this type of situation. also, paypal has a entire section in the terms of service you agreed too that they will cover non signature items replacement upon failed delivery or wrongful delivery/theft up to the price of the items not including any shipping. as they are not responsible for the shipping themselves, thats on the seller/retailer and you.

however, it sounds as though the OP's case is similar to the quoted post. carrier got lazy and dropped the package "CLOSE ENOUGH" to its desired location to avoid paperwork. your best bet is walk into the post and demand to speak to the postmaster at that location directly, calling simply gets you the run around and gets you nowhere. also, while you are there, demand a printout of the address the carrier used and signed when the package and where the package was delivered too. its the postmaster responsability to hold the employees of his branch accountable but as a citizen its your responsibility (as unfortunate as this sounds and is) to hold the postmaster accountable for the employees actions and that branch

I use to work for FedEx ground years ago and one of the f**ked things about working there were the thieves who followed you while you were on your route. If they saw you put a large box in front of someone's house, they will take it and the person everyone blamed was the delivery person. Depending on the neighborhood and how exposed the house was, I would hide there package and leave a note on there door. The best thing I like to do was if there was a pickup truck, I would leave their package in the back bed and leave a note. As Christmas gets near, there are a lot of desperate parents.

Well, I read your words people and I agree with them all.

I purchased these items from AllianceHobby. Can't phone him but you can email. No replies yet.
http://alliancehobby.com/flatman
That's the parts ordered. 
He has a superb site and an amazing collection of parts to sell.
I just think a little communication would be nice.
I could call from Scotland no probs. But no number. :( Shame really as I would like to discuss a lot with this guy re: 1377's.

I have checked out the address my parcel was sposed to arrive at. Royal mail actually quoted my entire long version complete address.
My name really is Neil Armstrong so unless there are a million named Neil Armstrongs within 26 miles of a postal route my address does not come within they have the parcel.
But seriously.......... I doubt. :p

I'll repurchase the items from Leicestershire as someone down there sells them as well. I just thought that it might be better to buy them from AlliancedHobby because their site looked more comprehensive. :(

ALLIANCEHOBBY.com DISGRACED.

After contacting AllianceHobby.com for some 16 ++ times I finally got a single blunt response regarding the lost parcel and postoffices, couriers, Paypal and etc research and investigation initialisations....

AllianceHobby.com say, bluntly....
"If its at Maybole go and get it."
Which of course is folly because the parcel has been lost or destroyed.

Nice!
At least I know what I'm up against for future orders and lets not forget this order is worth £116:00 / $142:00.

Be careful buying from this bloke.
I'd hate to see anyone else suffer 9 weeks of fruitless chasing.

The post office say it could be a 21 week investigation that could turn up fruitlessl.
Paypal guarantee a refund after their investigation. So..... Paypal wins. But not yet.

I'll keep you posted but be careful where you spend your money.

"Armstrong"ALLIANCEHOBBY.com DISGRACED.

After contacting AllianceHobby.com for some 16 ++ times I finally got a single blunt response regarding the lost parcel and postoffices, couriers, Paypal and etc research and investigation initialisations....

Nice!
At least I know what I'm up against for future orders and lets not forget this order is worth £116:00 / $142:00.

The post office say it could be a 21 week investigation that could turn up fruitlessl.
Paypal guarantee a refund after their investigation. So..... Paypal wins. But not yet.

This kinda reply is EXACTLY why I do not ship anything INTERNATIONAL on Ebay. The seller apparently put the package in the mail with correct information. The USPS apparently did their job and got it to YOUR country......now you want the seller to be responsible for what YOUR mail service did? Or didn't do?

Unbelievable

Reactions: Ziabeam
Hi Scirrocco... and BigTinBoat??? :p The name brings a hundred questions. :p
I see your words and take heed. A little late maybe.

OK, UPDATE from PAYPALS EFFICIENCY PROTOCOLS. (TIME TO LAUGH)

PAYPAL SAYS....
Dear Neil Armstrong,
We’re currently investigating your claim:
-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------
Seller's Name: Alliance Hobby
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Seller's Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Transaction Date: 12 Nov 2016
Transaction Amount: -$94.99 USD
Your Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Case Number: PP-xxx-318-xxx-596
Buyer's Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To complete our investigation, we need some more details from you.
Please provide us with: Confirmation of received goods.

WHAT? I just told you in three calls that the goods WERE NOT received.

Summary time....
To investigate your missing goods that have NOT arrived we need to know the date that they DID arrive.

Even I cannot answer that one. :D

"BigTinBoat"
"Armstrong"ALLIANCEHOBBY.com DISGRACED.

Nice!

This kinda reply is EXACTLY why I do not ship anything INTERNATIONAL on Ebay. The seller apparently put the package in the mail with correct information. The USPS apparently did their job and got it to YOUR country......now you want the seller to be responsible for what YOUR mail service did? Or didn't do?

Unbelievable

+1
Well stated BigTinBoat!!!

"Armstrong"BE WARNED.
Parcel tracking???? Why?? Its pathetic.

I ordered a Chamber and Piston flat top pack for a Crosman 1377.
I "tracked" it across 5 states of America.

It got to London. The Tracking data said HEATHROW - Date Time etc.
From there it went to LONDON and was classed as DELIVERED....

I have spent 7 days and hours and hours on the phone to every parcel courier involved, Roya mail, USPS, DHL and PAYPAL and on and on time and again. TRYING to find out where this parcel went.

It was declared as being delivered to MAYBOLE. 27 miles the wrong side of my town.
It should have gone to GIRVAN. 6 miles away.
At MAYBOLE in Scotland it was crossed off as DELIVERED.
Not here.
24/7 Hi-res CCTV here. no deliveries.

The ROYAL MAIL post office have started THREE investigations. THREE.
Every time I call them they start another one AND THEN.......................... email saying , we will initialise this in THREE DAYS TIME ....... (get this) JUST IN CASE.... it arrives.
After this we will investigate.

I gave up calling them.
I call PayPal.
Paypal are great. Efficient and on the ball but....... it takes time.

We need to speak to the postman at Maybole who delivered this parcel nd find out why he/she lied. They do NOT deliver this far south.
Its not rocket science.
But no............................................ That's too easy.

See for yourself. 
USPS TRACKING No.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&text28777=&tLabels=LN495086376US
THIS NUMBER.... >>> LN495086376US

It says.... UNITED KINGDOM..... DELIVERED.
OK, So I'll do a 137 million door-to-door check and see where the parcel was delivered.

TRACKED? YOU ARE JOKING!!!

The Royal Mail told me that tracking is only good until the USPS parcel LEAVES THE USA.
SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM OF ANGUISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that.... its anyone's guess.

So, remember also that this WAS NOT a signed for parcel.
If it WAS SOMEONE would be accountable.

MORAL OF THIS STORY........
DO NOT EVER simply use TRACKED and assume it is a good thing. It doesn't tell you anything. No town, no address.....
It costs..... But not as much as the parcels' loss.

ALWAYS USE SIGNED FOR DELIVERIES.

The tracking and redirection of telephone automated portals will drive you INSANE. Everyone washes their hands of you. Each system (except PAYPAL) do NOT initialise a formal search. Each time you call they initialise a search. Recalling to see how theyre getting on results in an announcement that you did NOT initialise a search. So you initialise another search. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me or is it everyone who suddenly feels the need to torture insolent postal staff with Medieval dungeonware. ???
I have even paid CUSTOMS on this of £23:00UKP...........................................................................TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHM SO GUNNA KILL SUMONE..............................

Does anyone have a 15th Century Cannon that can fire 20lbs of rusty steel shrapnel? Any "x" Galleon stock will do. :mad:

My Plight to re-equip the internals of my Crosman 1377 continues. 

1. This is the internet and not a book writing contest. No one will read your entire post. They might pretend, but they wont.

2. I only read the first sentence of your post.

3. I track every single piece of parcel I order, and I order a lot. So much that UPS build another distribution center on my front lawn.

4. I NEVER had an issue with tracking numbers. Why would I? It is just a bunch of numbers telling me where my poop is.

5. Your post makes no sense. How can a tracking number be the "danger", or at "fault", of anything? It is just a number that allows you to "track" your stuff.

Oooooh lots of lovely defenders of the USA. :)

Firstly.... I paid for parcel tracking. This doesn't mean dump it at Heathrow and then burn it!!!!!!

Secondly... if the post is too long, suffer the consequences when this happens to YOU Parcel Tracking is a total misconception. Read and Learn.
Or sit in the boat beside ALLIANCEHOBBY.COM.

Thirdly... BigTinBoat. I paid YOUR countries postal service to get a small packet to my doorstep. They're postmen. They deliver post. They failed. its not rocket science.
According to BigTinBoats logic, you go to a restaurant, order dinner, wait......................................................... So now you expect THEIR waiting service to deliver YOUR meal to YOUR table???
As soon as the waitresses order hits the kitchen she washes her hands of its responsibility. DUUHHHH!!!!

Fourthly. KMD1984, just to explain. Tracking numbers allow you to know WHERE EXACTLY your parcel is.
It costs money. There's a danger in spending money on a system that declares as soon as the parcel leaves the US they wash their hands of it and TRACKING dies.
BUT.... MKD1984 ... They're right there with a PRICE to ship to the United Kingdom from a State in the US????? And a DIFFERENT PRICE for FRANCE TOO!
SO... KMD9082, (Sorry if a dozen lines of text feels like a book to you. ..... Incidentally, Have you ever seen a real book?) Why are they happy to have a system that bills per country with variable prices for tracking security of goods and then not honour it by declaration. (Sigh!. You just have to explain the basics sometimes.)

The outcome anyways... is that PAYPAL wash their hands of it now. Saying the parcel was declared as "DELIVERED" despite all the contradictory facts AND that CUSTOMS was paid 11 days AFTER the parcel was declared DELIVERED EVEN THOUGH Customs do NOT release parcels UNTIL Customs have been paid.

But oh no..... PAYPAL, who protect me...... !!!!! wash their hands of it all. I lose $100. AllianceHobby.com now sees a legal issue with my bank. I don't mind paying the bank.

UK Banking systems will seize that money and hold their own case. 
My evidence secures my refund.