Difference between Crow and Raven. Raven tail feather on left, Crow on right. Crows are also smaller than Ravens

B5291D23-8BFB-471F-8629-0603D48C4CEA.1606134561.jpeg

This is a Crow, which are legal during hunting season and also under depridation laws. Ravens are not legal. Crows make a very loud pop when hit with JSB KO slugs at 1000 FPS at 50 yards. 

4D762BF7-96FA-4222-9C4A-73FCA3AFDE89.1606135127.jpeg

It’s pretty crazy how loud the pop can be and how far the feathers fly off these birds when you smack them with a slug. It almost doesn’t sound real, if that makes sense. LOL We shot a starling the other day with a VK 32.8gr slug at 975fps and it looked like every feather flew off the bird. It looked like it just exploded!

Happy Thanksgiving. Stoti

Think these birds’ lungs make that loud pop sound. Interestingly enough I would hit a house sparrow at 7 FPE and it still would have that loud pop noise at 20 yards, obviously not as loud but still really loud. I also get a small cloud of feathers too. I’ve hit a dove with 23 grain slug at only 840FPS at the muzzle and the pop is so loud even at 120 yards away, crazy. 

btw why the original post got deleted? 

I’ve hit a dove with 23 grain slug at only 840FPS at the muzzle and the pop is so loud even at 120 yards away, crazy.

According to ChairGun you hit that dove with about 675fps (23FPE).

That's good to hear (in both senses, pun intended)!

Gives me hope for some spectacular kills with my somewhat anemic gun! 😄👍🏼 And you did some very good shooting! 👍🏼

Matthias

I’ve hit a dove with 23 grain slug at only 840FPS at the muzzle and the pop is so loud even at 120 yards away, crazy.

According to ChairGun you hit that dove with about 675fps (23FPE).

That's good to hear (in both senses, pun intended)!

Gives me hope for some spectacular kills with my somewhat anemic gun!
1f604.svg
1f44d-1f3fc.svg
And you did some very good shooting!
1f44d-1f3fc.svg

Matthias

Thanks! I started the airgun addiction in March thanks to a friend and some squirrels on my roof, well the squirrels are pas-tense now. At first I was power hungry and that’s all I see on the forum and purchased an impact. Now I realize just how much power these “anemic” guns have and true nirvana of airgun enjoyment is pinpoint accuracy! I still enjoy a lot of long distance/high powered pesting videos but I am throughly enamored by lower powered accurate shots. It’s a true testament of shooters skill which I hope one day I can obtain a fraction of. 

incidentally with my impact it seems to like lower power setting the most with really awesome accuracy at mid 800FPS even with slugs. So most modestly powered or “anemic” but accurate guns all have the capability to snipe house sparrow and pigeons at long distances, the rush of such kill is unreal! I let’s my friend shoot my impact and he destroyed a house sparrow at 120 yards with the same 23 grain slug and tune on the first shot, he literally jumped out of his chair in disbelief and rush of adrenaline!

after many trials and errors I found the gun, ammo, tune and scope combination that really works. You will get there with all the information on this forum, I’m still a beginner but thanks to this forum I feel almost like Matt Dubber once a great while. 😂