The Crew - Red Wolf 22HP and Ghost 25HP

I moved to South Carolina in December after being in Southern California for the last 40 years. I've had the Red Wolf for three years and barely have a tin through it. SoCal closest shooting range was 1 1/2 hours away. I few shots in the backyard 15 yards and a few rats off the back fence is about all I've done with it. I bought a Heliboard in November and installed it a couple weeks ago. I was able to test fire it a few times this last week.

First the Red Wolf .22 HP, Helioboard (as delivered), Top group Power Level 10, below that is Power Level 9, both are 5 shot groups at 25 yards. The Red Wolf has the ATN 4K Pro on it now, which is great for night sights, but horrible for me during the day. I'll be putting my other Aztec 5X25 back on her. The Red Wolf on Power Level 9 is running about 920 JSB Redesigned 25.4 grain. I'll have to refill and run a full shot string to make sure it's all running good. I'll be stretching her legs behind the garage out to possibly 200 yards or more. It also likes the JSB 18 grain on the Factory board on low power.

20230219_094133.jpg
20230218_154536.jpg

Now the Ghost arrived the other day and I didn't get a chance to play with her, but I was able to take a couple photo's once I got her dressed. I put my Aztec 5x25 scope and 0dB moderator on her. Here's the sheets from AoA - 58 FPE You'll have to click on the link to see the image better. Reg from AoA set at about 140, only have 10 shots, I'll get the scope dialed in and see what we are capable of.

20230217_162954.jpg
20230217_163229.jpg

Any other shooters in SC Shooters around here, like to host a small get together.

Smitty

20230217_163229.jpg

You have a "nice" set of toy there.

One thing that always bother me is, why does retailer always do a 20y/25y grouping for $2000 gun?!?!?!? my $250 springer get the same grouping size at that distance. They should do at least 50y/75y, seriously!!!!
They only have an inside range that long. They have to go outside to shoot 50 yards. They are in AZ, would you want to sit out there all day test firing, not me, I'm mostly bald at this point. :ROFLMAO:
I took a couple shots with the Ghost and no paper at 25 yards, :poop: I think I'm using up most of the scopes travel to get on paper at 25 yards. Might have to come up with another solution.
Smitty

You have a "nice" set of toy there.

One thing that always bother me is, why does retailer always do a 20y/25y grouping for $2000 gun?!?!?!? my $250 springer get the same grouping size at that distance. They should do at least 50y/75y, seriously!!!!
I could not agree more! I I have Raised the question or concern to more than one reviewer who shows me a tight group at 25 yards from an air gun costing over 2K or even 3K

I realize that part of the problem is the reviewers don’t have 75 yards or 100 yard rangers to shoot from. . The good news is that overall most of the time when you’re looking at a really high-end air gun, the majority of them appear perform to the expectations of the folks who have bought them.But those 25 and even 50 yard groups still seem not to make the point about long range accuracy.
The truth is for me the air guns I have shoot much better than I’m capable of coaxing them to preform . I guess we can all search on line for someone shooting pigeons 2 days away by bus with the gun we want to buy.