The Brocock Speaketh

Gents,

Those of you who pay any attention to the occasional drivel I post know that I am a big fan of the Brocock Sniper platform. Given this, and the fact that L. Leon had pulled ahead of me in the Ultimate Brocock Fanboy competition, I quite logically concluded that I should have another one, lest ol’ L. Leon run away and hide with the fanboy title. As the new Sniper Sahara was making my sticker peck out, I reduced one in .177 to possession, courtesy of the fine folks at AoA.

After some thought and a few hours at the lathe and mill, I had a suppressor machined up and ready to go. And as I LOVE the power range, my new toy was topped off with a Swamp Fox 2-12 power scope with the MOA reticle. After a few hiccups and a flurry of pellet testing, she was shooting dots with the JSB Exact Monster Redesigned. It was time to hunt.

Alas life, as it often does, got in the way for a spell and the Brocock languished in the dark confines of the gun safe with its brethren. It was a shame. Maybe even a crime…

But nothing will make a man forget his obligations faster than the appearance of ground squirrels around his locale, in this case my neighbors pasture. Tools were dropped on the spot and chores were forsaken. The water heater could continue to leak. A Brocock jihad was in order.

The below is the result of the Sniper Sahara’s first two trigger pulls on live game, one at 48 yards, the other at 53, both shots right in the hard drive.

The Brococks continue to impress.

Justin

IMG_4155.jpeg