• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Bobcat MK ll

I have one and so far it has been great. Unfortunately, I can only fill it to 2900 PSI (ninja 90 ci fill tank), but I still get around 4 mags worth of regulated shots (reg came from the factory set at 140 bar (2,030 psi). the fill port is a good design and accuracy it awesome so far. I had some issues at first but that was the BKL droop compensating mount, not the gun. 

The AOA test sheet says that velocity is 877 FPS, (I will be increasing hammer energy to get 910-920 FPS with 25.4 kings).

My biggest gripe with the gun is the cost of magazines, I only bought one spare mag. the mags are nice but definitely not 90 bucks a piece nice) and I was somewhat disappointed when I tried to load in some polymags only to discover that they are too long for the Bobcats mags. 

I want to get the rifle properly zeroed so that I can put the hawke 20x mildot reticle to good use. as of right now I have it zeroed from the window to the tree, (it is an upward angle and about 35 yards away.

on to how the rifle shoots: amazing. I went from a Benjamin marauder (gen II .25) with all aftermarket parts capable of single hole groups at 20 yards to this bobcat. the recoil impulse is a much gentler push and definitely lighter than that of the marauder. the noise is roughly the same level but the sound is different, my marauder has a lot of hammer spring twang to it, and the report from the muzzle doesn't seem as loud with the bobcat. When I was using the droop mount, I had some POI shift (from the mount not the gun), I took 3 shots at a squirrel (they were within 1" of his head and hitting the tree his was in and he was barely even alarmed by it).

Follow up shots with this rifle are an absolute breeze, it barely moves off of the target when you pull the trigger and settles down by the time the pellet impacts at 35-40 yards.

let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

Reactions: Bob and Ted