• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Results The Blue Balls Match 2021

"I arrived at the range at 8:15 after getting a box of Joe and some munchkins for morning snacks. John Eroh was there already waiting. My Dad Lenny, Alex , and Leo arrived shortly thereafter. " 

"We started setting up some folding tables and opening the shed to get the "Nice" target frames. The shed has this awesome old little wood burning stove inside making a great place to warm up a cold morning. The targets were large cardboard flats that had 25 life savers glued in rows 5 x 5, one shot each with unlimited fighters. "

"We started with 5 competitors Myself, my dad Len Sawyer, Alex Livits, John Eroh and Leo Gonzales. Leo was last years champion and brought with him the Ball of fame, the annual award given to the winner. Leo has managed to take home the trophy two years in a row!! The first relay was pistol at 10 yards standing. The weather was still cold and sunny with a light wind 2 - 5 mph. Unfortunately, we lost a competitor when Alex had to head home early. The four of us continued on."

"We scored the pistol targets and moved the tables to 25 yards as we prepared for the second round of the match- standing rifle. Same target setup as the pistol round- 25 life savers in 5 x5 rows 1 shot each with unlimited sighters. At this point the weather was great, very sunny and a little windy about 5 - 8 mph in random intervals. Once this relay came to a close the wind was picking up and it started to get a little chilly. "

"The third relay of the match was one shot each at 15 1.5" wooden circles painted.. blue of course with unlimited sighters. The relay was shot standing at 50yards and I'll tell you, that the wind started to really getting pushy"." The gust were now 10- 13 mph and switching direction. Im pretty sure that we shot a lot of sighters, lol. Once we finished we tallied up the scores and found out we had a tie"." John Eroh and I both ended with a match total of 38 soo we had a shoot off using John Eroh's splitter target, or as we might re name it, The Ball Buster! Lol. We settled it by going for the best out of 5 we both missed the first 5 then John missed the next five with about 4 really close calls , and I manged to do it on my 7th try ending the shoot off."

"Final Results "

"(Scores in order - pistol, rifle 25 yards, rifle 50 yards)"

Matt Sawyer 13. 20. 5. = 38. " Winner of the shoot off and High Pistol "

Len Sawyer. 7. 7. 1 = 15

Leo Gonzales. 12. 10. 6. = 28

John Eroh. 10. 20. 8. = 38. "Winner of High rifle 2nd place over all"

Alex Livits. DNF.

download.png

This is an attempt at the video for the splitter target or the Ball Buster