The biggest issue with buying more guns.

One of the issues for me buying more airguns is that I also have to buy a scope to go along with it. My taste in good glass has increased so it doesn't help. Another issue is having a place to store them. My powder burners stay in the safe and all my PCPs' are propped up against a wall in my room. The cost of my PCPs' now surpasses the cost of my powder burners.

I think if a person actually took the time and sat down to write the pros and cons of adding another rifle to their collection, he wouldn’t add another pcp. Let’s face it, and I’m targeting folks with two or more pcp’s, what exactly is this new to you gun going to miraculously do that the other two can’t do? I myself am in the same boat, and totally agree with what PESKADOT laid out about the scope purchase. It’s not just buying a pcp, but all that goes with it. 

The last pcp purchase of mine was the LCS SK19 in 30 caliber. I bought that gun because when it was first introduced in 2019, the thought of a semi auto with the full auto as icing on the cake appealed to me, and felt I needed to scratch that itch. Now that I have it, what else do I need? Already own 3 fx guns, a Marauder and a Bully. The last two never get used. Just sits there as conversation pieces displayed on the wall where they hang. As it is, my wildcat MK2 in 25 cal is my go to. So, the impact MK2 and wildcat 30 get used but not as much as I’d like. 

I've already done the list thing, and each platform has a purpose. I was honest with myself, realizing I’ll never go trekking thru the woods with a “back pack” gun. A lot of folks search out for a back packer platform along with expensive back pack gear, but in all honesty, how often is that idea coming to life?

It cracks me up when a new platform release comes out, and all the fanboys start selling off the guns that they worked so hard to get to shooting perfect(trust me, I’ve read your past posts on tuning struggles and trying to find the right slug), just to have the latest and the greatest that won’t shoot any different than the gun that got sold off. Maybe it was because there was an added button or switch on the new model?

But, here’s what gets me, lol, the section on the compressors and tanks, are so full of horrendous stories of broken down compressors, after only 12 hours of use. The majority of folks, probably the same folks that jump at the latest and the greatest pcp platform, would probably benefit more in this hobby if they put the $$ towards an Alkin or Bauer instead of buying inferior compressors. 

It truly baffles me, as a couple of fully dressed top tier guns with saber tactical/K&L goodies and Gen2 scopes are close to $8K if not $10K, both getting filled by a $350 Walmart special.

Oh well, just my country boy opinion. Not trying to tell folks HOW to spend their hard earned $$, just sharing my own thought pattern, as I’m not a man made of money.

Sorry, but I want to add, if one was a competitive PCP’er, meaning on the circuit for benchrest and field target, yeah, I can see the need for multiple guns, multiple calibers. It’s been my experience that these unique few, all have already taken care of their air needs by investing in a top tier compressor( I say that as fact, cause I’ve read their posts on what they’ve invested in)

We go through this "YOUR hobby is a waste of time but MINE is what you SHOULD be doing" all the time, with all my hobbies.

Do I have some airguns I'd sell? Yup, in a heartbeat. Sold a few already this year. I have a 1077 Wood with extra mags and mag holder if you're interested. And a Beeman 1085 with a wood stock in .177 with lots of magazines.

Am I buying others? Yup, and have my eyes on something right now. In fact, take those two off my hands and next day I'll have one new gun to replace them.

I'm getting rid of some model airplanes too, because I ran out of room for the others I already built or bought.

It's part of the hobbies. Enjoy it!

Andy

I'd bet that most people have a hobby or interest that many others would view as a waste of time.

I think those that do are the ones that are all about work, and I’m meaning 24/7. The “Scrooge’s” if I may say that. Years ago I met a painter who showed me his $5K mountain bike. Light as a cotton ball. When he told me the price, I said how ridiculous is that? But, see, I was one of those Scrooge’s, that thought stopping for lunch was a waste of time.

But now that I have a hobby, this hobby, and I see the costs involved with being in this hobby, I will never look down or criticize ones choice of hobby’s ever again.

I do love this hobby, but I have learned a lot in this last year. The best part has not been the gun, but the friendships and phone calls or just interactions with really great people. But with that said, the more air rifles I own I feel the hobby becomes more of a burden to enjoy. That's just being honest. One part of me wants more, the other part doesn't. I want to "try" many different types, but then you just pay to play. Now that I know what I want in a gun, and not what I think I want. I have found that I will most likely be happy with three guns and that is my goal to obtain over the next year. Those three will change over time, but three is what I can manage, buy ammo for and learn to fix and tune. More than that and they just sit and I will get frustrated with them. More guns doesn't bring more happiness, however more friends and good times as a result of the guns does, and that's the gift of this hobby. Fellowship.

I do love this hobby, but I have learned a lot in this last year. The best part has not been the gun, but the friendships and phone calls or just interactions with really great people. But with that said, the more air rifles I own I feel the hobby becomes more of a burden to enjoy. That's just being honest. One part of me wants more, the other part doesn't. I want to "try" many different types, but then you just pay to play. Now that I know what I want in a gun, and not what I think I want. I have found that I will most likely be happy with three guns and that is my goal to obtain over the next year. Those three will change over time, but three is what I can manage, buy ammo for and learn to fix and tune. More than that and they just sit and I will get frustrated with them. More guns doesn't bring more happiness, however more friends and good times as a result of the guns does, and that's the gift of this hobby. Fellowship.

Well said!

The less accurate wall hangers are good for letting new shooters use.

For me anything not accurate get sold or returned ASAP. I like to let new shooters shoot inexpensive but accurate guns. I lend my friend my 1720T carbine and first shot he said “hey, it hit exactly where the crosshair was”, then I lined a bunch of small limes from his tree in his fence 30 yards away and he was able to hit them just about dead center on every single one of them. moral of the story is. If you want them to get hooked on crack you should let them try good crack! LOL! 

as far as more guns goes I am currently out of storage space and also have hard time choosing which gun to shoot, don’t have nearly as many guns as some of you guys though. Guess it’s a good thing I don’t have enough storage space because I saw another gun in the classified that is very tempting, can someone please buy that Brocock ASAP? First world problem indeed. 

For me it is also the problem with many guns is that you never get good with one, because as you want to shoot them all, every one must be held different in that aspect.

Instead, I have now considered of selling my airguns and just keep one that I can practice with and get good at, then it will be way more fun. All three of my airguns is excellent tho.