The biggest issue with buying more guns.

Noticed since I've accumulated more guns, a pecking order has formed. 

The guns that shoot less accurately hardly gets much attention. I shoot almost every day and have shot close to 500 pellets from my most accurate gun in the last week alone.

I realize that we usually start with entry level guns and progress from there but without the intent to sell, the less accurate gun becomes a wall ornament, in my case. 

Humor me and with this question. Why would you grab your least accurate gun for a shooting session when you own other guns that produce superior results?

to make matter worse, I bought my first rifle safe recently and it was advertised as a "12 rifle safe" It can in fact fit no more than 5 of my air rifles. 5 vs 12. Talk about a bad investment.

I am going to part with some of my older rifles. My boyhood springer can go. The SAM Marauder is both not the sharpest tool in the shed re out of box accuracy, it is also beastly heavy, far heavier than the published specs. (like WAY heavier than a SamYang Dragon Claw in .50 with dual tanks? Its crazy!) So it is either going to go, or I am going to remove the action and remount it in a custom made wood stock that doesn't needlessly include about 50% more timber than necessary. :)

That will leave five rifles that will fit in that safe, and three of them are really deadly accurate. (Kratos, Akela, LCS) the Big bore is not as accurate, but that .50 serves another purpose, so I'll still shoot that on occasion as well. :) and the R9 Springer, just because it so sweet.

Noticed since I've accumulated more guns, a pecking order has formed. 

The guns that shoot less accurately hardly gets much attention. I shoot almost every day and have shot close to 500 pellets from my most accurate gun in the last week alone.

I realize that we usually start with entry level guns and progress from there but without the intent to sell, the less accurate gun becomes a wall ornament, in my case. 

Humor me and with this question. Why would you grab your least accurate gun for a shooting session when you own other guns that produce superior results?

Plain ol "variation". 

I have one rifle that has a horrible trigger, that I've fixed about half way, but have no intention of ripping it apart to properly fix the problem.

But yet, I do pick it up every now and again to put a magazine or two through it, as I say, just for the variation, or the hell of it.

Mike

Simple.... All of my guns are accurate 😂 if they aren't, I will find a way to make them! I've got no use for something that doesn't do what I ask of it.

Now, I do like pistols a lot because they are more challenging to shoot accurately. My hw50s also takes a bit more work than my fx crown. Nice to mix it up from time to time. But as stated, all 9 of my airguns are shooters! 

I have a variety of different guns. Some are more accurate than others but they are all great shooters otherwise I would not keep them.

You have to ask yourself what is your own definition of accuracy? In other words what are you going to use the gun for? A small bore target rifle is going to be more accurate than a big game rifle.

I also get bored if I shoot the same thing all the time. It's just more fun to shoot something different once in a while.

I learned many years back that air rifles take up more space than firearms, so when it was time for a new safe, I just had the xabinet made and finnished and did the interior myself. Allowed more room in between guns, have a section for airguns and a section for firearms. Since I have retired, I thinned out my selection so thay my remaining guns each have a purpose. Depending on what I am shooting at, there is a gun for that purpose. Never had much time for serious hunting so did not have a selection of big game stuff. What I have left are the guns I use on a regular basis, no collectors here, just usefull tools !!!

It is the same in any shooting sport. One of anything is never enough. I have been in traditional archery for over 50 years. I currently have 7 custom recurves and have had as many as 10 at one time. I have been in airgunning for about two years and I now have 6 air rifles. I will not say how many centerfire guns I have collected over the years that I actually never intended to collect. I don't own a gun or bow that I don't enjoy shooting.